PitDesigner's (ManiacCanine) Sim Pit

pitdesigner

Well it begins again! after a few years away from DCS I am diving back in; head first in the shallow end as I usually do...

I began this journey in 2013 with minimal experience in machining and electronics. This is as far as I got:

de2uba9y.jpg

Needless to say my wife and I had our first child and my Pit was put on the back burner for a few years. recently I have been playing around with 3D Printing and small electronics. I also got a better job with a little more disposable income (any pit builders dream).

This time around I will be trying to go about 95% realism. All of the analog steam gauges will be physical gauges and the plan is to be able to manufacture them for a low price for any of you who want some.

I will be using DCS_BIOS for all my panels and using the master-slave system so I will be able to run all of them from one USB port.

I'll attach a short video of my Engine Gauge Panel (obviously unfinished) ad later I will post a couple pictures of my later panels.

Thanks for checking out what I have so far! More to come!!

ManiacCanine

Edited by BIGNEWY
fixed youtube

looking good. im looking to make a small selection of switches using DCS-bios. but... seems like the version of the code has issues or something it wont compile properly to my arduino uno. had to go back from version 0.2.18 to 0.2.12.

Hey mate I had some issues with nano, I had to go into the Arduino IDE and select Tools>Processor>AT Mega (old bootloader).

I have no idea if it will help you :)

Very nice. Would love some of those

Thanks, I need to get the connectors so I can wire everything up! Next time I put in an order I’ll order extra!

Hello,

Great work on everything! I am seeing your photo's as inverted.

Thanks! Ya everytime I upload a photo from my phone directly to the forums it end up inverted...

34545024-D79B-49B8-A862-FC896B284F54.jpeg.3d684f76701a5d7cc90123aa8707fa02.jpeg

Throttle and Stick setup

I have a Thrustmaster warthog stick with a 20mm extension. This should allow me to get a little extra accurate and finer movements while flying.

My throttle is out of an A-10A and I modified it to the A-10C configuration. It looks a little (understatement) sloppy but eventually I will tidy it up.

Thanks for checking it out!

Maniac.