MI-8 slingloading is very broken/causing CTD

BlackFoxNZ

Type: slingloading in MI-8 and KA-50

Reported: not sure

Priority: gamebreaking

Summary: trying to slingload ends in DCS crash every single time

THIS AFFECTS BOTH MULTIPLAYER AND SINGLEPLAYER

this problem has been in DCS for at least a month now. i always slingload in multiplayer on the DDCS (Dynamic DCS) server. the problem its not a one off and everyone that jumps into a MI-8 or KA-50 and trys to pick up a crate with real slingloading has a CTD (crash to desktop) 100% of the time within 10mins. and Crash logs are only generated 10% of the time. instead the game freezes then it crashs with no log generated

if you could please acknowledge this thread and have a fix in one of the next few patchs that would be great for both us and you(we can slingload again and you guys will have people buying the more people buying the 2 helis)

here is a dropbox of the crash logs that i have for the Mi-8

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0qmkkial2ak3jpc/AACb4SfdFK8d-96TXcyOJndva?dl=0

its such a gamebreaking bug that when new people join the discord and want to buy a helicopter because DDCS has Real slingloading and controlable/moveable units we have to tell them not to buy.

now it gathers dust and I warn people off it.

Mine doesn't and I don't. I ferry troops to the frontline and attack lightly armed enemy formations in the rear. Highly recommended :)

None of which, BTW, is to say that the abovementioned bug shouldn't be fixed ASAP...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Mine doesn't and I don't. I ferry troops to the frontline and attack lightly armed enemy formations in the rear. Highly recommended :)

None of which, BTW, is to say that the abovementioned bug shouldn't be fixed ASAP...

what you said has nothing to do with slingloading. your talking about ground attack and flying from point A to B whereas we are talking about picking up crates and slinging them to bulid units in a Very fun and dynamic multiplayer server

what you said has nothing to do with slingloading.

I know. But the guy said he's warning people off the craft now and I just pointed out there's still a lot you can do with it while you wait for the slingloading fix.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I know. But the guy said he's warning people off the craft now and I just pointed out there's still a lot you can do with it while you wait for the slingloading fix.

I've switched to the Huey which doesn't have this bug, and if people ask what the best helicopter for that server is, that's what I recommend now.