Change port of DCS World when hosting

So, here comes the question: Can you change the port when hosting DCS World server?

I want my "server" to run on port 10300 instead of default 10308.

Changing it on the Public:IP line when you start up server has NO EFFECT!

Anyone has any ideas?

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

• ED Team

It works. One of our testing server always started on 9308 port.

Be sure that your port have translation for both TCP and UDP protocols.

9308.jpg.5ea2115a4b4d24e561fb122878a9a96f.jpg

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

You would have to edit your serversettings.lua in saved games/config. change the port to whatever fits your needs.

mfg ente

Saw that later on yesterday but I need to test out.

It works. One of our testing server always started on 9308 port.

Be sure that your port have translation for both TCP and UDP protocols.

So essentially I changed the port on IP:PORT line in the server configuration page and checked it against netstat and netstat reported that it's listening on port 10308.

Have we just found a bug?

If I try to preroute the port from lets say 10300 external to 10308 internal it kicks out "connection timeout" on client which is trying to connect

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

• ED Team

Sorry for delay, confirmed, thanks.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I was wondering the same thing. This worked in the past for me but I'm unsure what the culprit is.

Opened 10307 both UDP and TCP forwarded to my server

Set the port in the server setup page in DCS

Made sure it was allowed through the Windows firewall

Server was not visible in the server list and direct connection led to timeout by clients who had connected in the past.

Turn off Windows firewall and router firewall and still not working but I noticed I had to change port again...

I will look at serverSettings.lua and try again when I get home in a couple of days.

I'm not sure what changed, last time I did this successfully was in the spring, there have been several updates since then and ominously I had to upgrade to Windows 10. I have been suspecting it was the Windows upgrade that caused the issue. Since the update to Windows 10 I have not been able to see my server on the master server list from within my network, however everyone else can. I can connect by direct connection to my server internal ip only. Not sure if this is related.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering the same thing. This worked in the past for me but I'm unsure what the culprit is.

Opened 10307 both UDP and TCP forwarded to my server

Set the port in the server setup page in DCS

Made sure it was allowed through the Windows firewall

Server was not visible in the server list and direct connection led to timeout by clients who had connected in the past.

Turn off Windows firewall and router firewall and still not working but I noticed I had to change port again...

I will look at serverSettings.lua and try again when I get home in a couple of days.

I'm not sure what changed, last time I did this successfully was in the spring, there have been several updates since then and ominously I had to upgrade to Windows 10. I have been suspecting it was the Windows upgrade that caused the issue. Since the update to Windows 10 I have not been able to see my server on the master server list from within my network, however everyone else can. I can connect by direct connection to my server internal ip only. Not sure if this is related.

hello. i wonder did you sort this out. i only ask as I'm trying to host 1.5 and 2.0 but changing my ports isnt working, clients can only connect to one game. as it appears both are on the same port.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 6 years later...

if necessary create a file named autoexec.cfg

inside the config folder

put

webgui_port = 8099

in it if i want to host web interface on 8099

Edited by HC_Official
copy pasted wrong line from my autoexec.cfg file DOH!

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

8 hours ago, HC_Official said:

if necessary create a file named autoexec.cfg

inside the config folder

put

webrtc_port=10319

in it if i want to host web interface on 10319

As far I can remember webrtc was used for VOIP before it was "merged" in the main network protocol.

The one for the Web interface should be:

webgui_port = 8086

To put inside autoexec.cfg

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!