DCS: UH-1H Videos

wess24m

UH-1H Complete (and almost real) preflight and startup (Spanish)

Hi, this is a video made from the point of view of a former Huey pilot, with a complete description of the preflight and startup procedures. Hope it will help new users to a better understanding of the cockpit.

Subtittles available.

Edited by McFlurry

Lol I wish I understood spanish...

Will you please check if you have subtittles available in your language? I have been editing original subtittles but I can't check them in other languages or at least I don't know how to do it.

Thanks

P.D. Disregard. I have found how to do it.

Edited by McFlurry

Very very good video of Bell UH-1 Iroquois [ame=

]
[/ame]

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• 3 weeks later...

Not a video but I could not really find an appropriate thread for this interesting pic.

150417130311-10-vietnam-war-timeline-restricted-super-169.jpg

What I find interesting about this is it demonstrates the usefulness of the Huey and transport helicopters in general given the depth of the water of the troop insertion/extraction point.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very very good video of Bell UH-1 Iroquois

In this video, i see no struggling during hovering or cruising. Pilot doesn't seem to be bothering fighting with pedals, stick and collevtive. In dcs things are reallt different. landing without being cought by VRS, or even going straight is a challange. If this was in real life, no one would be a uh-1 pilot.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

In this video, i see no struggling during hovering or cruising. Pilot doesn't seem to be bothering fighting with pedals, stick and collevtive. In dcs things are reallt different. landing without being cought by VRS, or even going straight is a challange. If this was in real life, no one would be a uh-1 pilot.

Most of the problems I experience flying DCS model are due to my game controls and control configuration. Nothing like a long and free cyclic and positive collective and pedals. Much more, the huey is a chopper to be flown, usually, "by he ass" in VFR.

So with a short and hard to move joystick and self-centering pedals, you must expect to experience some difficulties and almost a different model to fly.

I felt the same with my old joystick. Now I fly with slightly extended g940 and I see no problem with cyclic. I can even use Force trim, and with some cheating (using a hat swtich as beep force trim switch) I can trim aircraft to basically fly itself on long hauls. This way I can easily navigate with map without passing controlls to copilot (aka left win plus a :P). The only issue I have are pedals which are not very precise, so I had to use a lot of curvature tuning in axis options. It let's me control everything perfeclty fine besides insane foot work- I have to move pedals over half the axis to the left to counter rotor inducted yaw during hover. Long story short- it's really a matter of having a good gear, although you can do just fine with crappy joystick and steering wheel pedals acting as rudder if you try hard enough.

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

i have complete ch product set and i think these are not for heli simming. very short throttle axis, very hard stick, very hard pedals..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Play with axis curves. Here is my very old video I think from the very first FM released (no stabilisers, so it was much more difficult than it is nowdays). I fly with an old an abused Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner, and Logitech Driving Force Pro as pedals (throttle and brake axis were used as single axis hence the shutter on rudder pedals). I am not trying to show off, or anything especially since the video doesn't show a very good flying, but it shows that you can hover with practice. Please forgive a terrible resolution, but I had really slow internet connection at time.

[ame]

[/ame]

EDIT: Now I remember I also removed a centering spring from that old joystick. Also didn't use center trim, or whatever it was called. Was just flying without any trim lol.

Edited by Samek

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

ebabil wrote: In this video, i see no struggling during hovering or cruising. Pilot doesn't seem to be bothering fighting with pedals, stick and collevtive. In dcs things are reallt different. landing without being cought by VRS, or even going straight is a challange. If this was in real life, no one would be a uh-1 pilot.
Am using Komodo Heli controls (Normal realistic sized Cyclic, Collective and Rudder pedals) and must say that it flies like a real one...

Might want to check your controls and try out some others... definitely recommend Komodo Controls, or something similar....

A difference or Night and Day!!!!!

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

i7 5960x 3.0@4.2GHz/ DDR4 16Gb 3000MHz @ / ASUS Rampage v крайняя x99 / SSD 240GB ASUS RAIDR Экспресс PCIe / 2xSSD 512GB raid.0 / 2xHDD 1Tb raid.0 / GeForce GTX Titan X / ASUS Rog Swift PG348Q 3440x1440/ HOTAS Warthog ™ / TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

I used to own the Ka-50 but seriously disliked it. Didn't fly it much and wound up trading it for a Mig-21 module.

This latest sale with the Huey at 29.99 USD got me to make an impulse purchase. I'm glad I did. This is very much fun.This is after an hour of practice time. It's also my first successful (?) landing. Thrustmaster Hotas X with the rudder axis mapped to the "rocker" on the back of the throttle.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

"EasterEggs"(?) in DCS 2.0 - NTTR Nevada Map...

Anybody flying the Grand Canyon / Hoover Dam area recently?

Can we please have more seagulls?!

[ame]

[/ame]

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Eightball's enjoyable 'Forestry Operation'...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105999&page=6

NTTR - Nevada Forestry Operations...

UH-1H Sling loads.. (DCS; v 2.0)

[ame]

[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Piloting the Huey from the door gunner position.

Mk 4 slalom course doesn't work anymore ( low frame rate), so I've started on Mk 5, but first a group of enemy vehicles have to be cleared from the woods near an old FARP and a Huey with side gunners has been given the job of clearance. I didn't get them all as they are difficult to spot in the trees, you need to get low to get 'em.

Edited by Holbeach
Added text.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..