[MissionEditor] "Merge" Mission | Templates

FDXMadcat

Hey Friends,

as a Mission-Designer for our small Group i'm working very hard to get the new Super Carrier into our Missions. The problem is, that i need to create 20x the "Deck-Lifestock" again and again. I'm not Talking about the Group-Template, which helps, but doesn't go far enough.

I could simply exchange the Stennis with the Nimitz but that would be very boring without the Deck-Vehicles and some "stored" Planes on it. I also need to type the same Tacan and ICLS Option in again and again.

The suggestion is, that we can "merge" Missions into each other. For example we can build a Full-Scale Aircraft Carrier Battle Group with Awacs deploying, Tanker starting after a specific Trigger-Action, Helos patrouling around and have nice Lifestock on the Carrier itself. We built it ONE time and save it as a Mission. If we have now a existing Mission where we want to add the Battlegroup we press "Merge Mission" and all the Units from the Mission we want to Merge are deploying in the existing Mission somewhere on the Map. We now just need to Drag them into place.

With that Option we can produce more complex Templates for Missions ONE Time and not again and again the same stuff. Sam-Sites, Base-Complexes, Airbase-Layouts, and so on, and merge them with already existing Missions for Upgrade or enhancement.

People who played ARMA may now the function from the Mission-Editor already.

What do you think?

Best Regards!

This can SORT of be done by using the "Static Template" feature under the EDIT option. This will save/load ALL objects. It unfortunately only deals with objects so trigger areas, scripts, etc will have to be redone. This in itself can save quite a bit of work.

I agree, it would be great to be able to merge multiple missions together, but there is so much going on with names and such that could not be duplicated, could be VERY tough to pull off.

I agree, it would be great to be able to merge multiple missions together, but there is so much going on with names and such that could not be duplicated, could be VERY tough to pull off.

Well, you can already copy/paste stuff, so it should be possible having the editor automatically change names

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Copy/paste objects, and those are able to be done with the static templates. But trigger areas are a bit different for whatever reason. And if names change, then scripts could possibly be affected as well, so again, not as easy as one would think.

Copy/paste objects, and those are able to be done with the static templates. But trigger areas are a bit different for whatever reason. And if names change, then scripts could possibly be affected as well, so again, not as easy as one would think.

I stand corrected.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH