[RESOLVED]2.5.5+ Mission editor static naming stuck on "Ammo"

Pikey

Static objects names

I guess that all team in ED is working hard to bring us as soon as possible the fix this and some other issues in late updates.

Well, I would like to advise others that is better wait and don´t do what I did ... and what I did was something like "if the mountain does not go to Mohammed, Mohammed go to the mountain" ... but I´m not so good and my "great" idea was catastrofic.

And the idea was to change the name in the CTLD file for the same that was on the ME unit. .. Brilliant, isn´t it? ....

...Nope, don´t try to do that.

As you may see on the video posted above (very well explained) the name isn´t static, in fact what is happening is that is counting the units, so ... you click once and is says "ammo" you click 2 says ammo #001, if you put 20 static objects it will go untill "ammo #020", then, the LUA file from CTLD gets confused and DCS imediatly crashes and gives a bunch of errors .... well, long story short .. after a thousand attempts to fix the problem I decided the best I coul do was uninstall and instal all again. But the mission is lost, and also all the time I put in it.

I hope I saved some souls

the ME is ALL

just wanted to add my voice to the chorus

at first i thought my computer's memory was failing

after i got over that minor Heart Attack!

i started to think my own brain was developing some kind of tic'

Nope!

turns out the ME itself was doing it!?

JEeeeZus christ on a stick

i'm just a minor ME'er

BUT:

all us ME'ers know

the ME is ALL

:joystick:

we'll all laugh about this somewhere far in the future

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

BUG Still present after todays update!

BUG Still present after today's update!

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

complicated

i've commissioned and troubleshooted more than a few plc controlled equipment installations in pretty remote locations (actually about as remote as possible on planet earth) in my time of course that time is over now so i think these guy's must be doing the best they can with a really complicated setup and of course they are short handed that's a given i know they are on it and they know we are eagerly awaiting their output never thought i'd be playing the same piece of software for 20 plus years!! Jeez us H christ on a stick amen

Edited by prefetch

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

BUMP +1

I am surprised this is not a larger issue than what we are seeing, nor are the community more vocal about this. This completely destroys any of the more FUN / Complicated missions. Still not fixed after the latest patch.

Huge Deal breaker. Please ED put this to the top of the stack on Hot Fixes.

• ED Team

It is high priority and we are testing a fix, it should be in the next update

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is high priority and we are testing a fix, it should be in the next update

thanks

Godspeed, then! My missions are running wild.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com