[Known & REPORTED] Repeating comms message

Spectre_USA

Same issue with a quick custom mission. RTB message loop (Su-27s | Batumi) (T-O only, no other waypoints, no damage).

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

RTB Sound Bug Loop; Multiple Modules

I have also noticed this sound bug loop in campaign missions and regular missions in multiple modules. I have tested and confirmed that the issue is reproducible in the Su-27, Mig-29, and KA-50 modules with respective campaigns and missions. It seems to be one particular flight that gets stuck in a sound loop in the mission, and the flight will repeat "[Flight#] is RTB at [ALT]" in Russian over and over again. When other comms come in, the message stops momentarily, but it continues shortly thereafter until the user exits the mission. I haven't noticed this issue, yet, with US fighter modules, but I will post additional information if I find it.

Edited by SignorMagnifico

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

Although not a 'fix'

In the meantime you can silence these units to avoid this bug.

Goto the units advanced options for WP0 and select SILENCE from the Perform Command tab and make sure you click on the check box to activate it.

This unit will no longer broadcast on the radio during the mission.

I do this with all AI aircraft in my missions, it doesn't affect the Tanker or AWACS answering calls. You just don't get any radio traffic from AI aircraft, if you can live with that its a good work around to not have to listen / read the same message over and over.

I also have my Helmet sounds muted in DCS so I don't hear the radio anyway, its just the repeating text that really drove me mad!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I appreciate the suggestion, Maverick. I will try this to minimize the repeated sound bugs until an official fix can be implemented. Thank you for your help.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

Thanks for the workaround Maverick :thumbup:

Here's an additional track with the RTB message loop. Even back to base and parked, the AI keeps broadcasting the message.

The message is not triggered if the player aircraft is not airborne/started.

[system.nfo attached]

OB 15 AI_RTB_msg_loop.rar

Bourrinopathe system.zip

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Bug most probably in front of a firing squad by now ;)

It has been reported in two other threads.

[Known & REPORTED] Repeating comms message

I loaded up World v1.5 and was flying Flaming Cliffs 3 campaign in the F15 and during one of the missions in the beginning (I think it was the mission right before the one where you have to follow the canyon route and then pop up to intercept the migs) there is a constant comms of one of the AI aircraft heading back to base,... it just keeps repeating over and over during the entire mission.

Repaints I've created (screens only)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums