How to unchain the rudder from trim

Thanks a lot! I am not using this "hack" but rather tap X quickly if I find myself in the situation of my rudder being in a wrong spot.

Thanks so much Peter!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Hello PeterP

You have any info if ED is going to implement a delay before trimming becomes active on rudders? Between default instant trim on rudder and rudder disengaged from trim with your mod is should be "the classic" option that is in effect for Stick without FFB to have a delay of .5 seconds so you can recenter the rudder, I think.

No- don't have any info on it. I'm not involved in internal testing or such - and I don't want to - as I'm usually short on time anyway - and being a 'tester' would change the way I'm posting in the open forum and/or how I devote my time for the community. Been there , done that (Not for DCS - it was another sim) - don't need this experience again . I found a bunch off people that devoted their time more to 'educate' people what to not ask - instead testing and/or see if it is possible.

And if I would have these info you are asking for: I wouldn't be able to tell or even speculate because of named above reasons or a NDA.

See - It's better to be not a 'tester' as all modules are available in beta state and I really don't see a good reason why the bug-report of a paying customer shouldn't weight as much as a official tester.

whatever , I distract from your question...

When I find some stick and rudder time without FFB - I will look at a alternate version that is working regardless of the trim mode for non-FFB users - as my LUA scripting skills evolved during the last time.

But until then, maybe check my files and the default one to examine my changes - maybe you are able to do it on your own . ... see, good things need some time: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1738233#post1738233

Edited by PeterP

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your answer Peter... I saw your just today... I am getting old it seems :D

After following your advice to remove deadzones and curves from the FFB stick I use (actual only deadzones I had) it got almost perfect.

I put deadzones on it because somehow in some of the planes... especially FC3 and A10C (iirc) the stick jerks continously at the center if I don't keep it with my hand which probably makes it move a bit off center. Everyone could yell pot spikes! now but actually is a G940 that is suppose to have HAL sensors... Also in other games has no such behavior.

Somehow I remember it moved even in Shark cockpit but today when I removed completely the deadzones... it was gone... And trimming was uber precise.

So, thanks for your answer and let's wait for a solution from ED. I hope for a delay of 0.5 seconds until trim kicks in just for rudders. I like them trimmed though.

P.S. I forgot to mention that my stick has the palm optical sensor completely covered so it doesn't actually know when I hold the stick and when not... so the jerkiness is not from there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 weeks later...

Is your "Unchain Rudder from Trim Ka-50 DCS world 1.2.0" still goes for the new 1.2.4 version, or is there a new mod somewhere for that?

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

I found this diff in the file Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\Macro_handler.lua, which is, from what I can understand, an update of DCS that is not included in the modded version of the file.

I *think* part of this is related to the printing of the autostart sequence, a feature that was introduced not so long ago. Some other things are also changed, but I have absolutely no clue what they're referring to.

Please note that I'm a complete noob in this matter, I'm not ashamed to say that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm posting this hoping that PeterP will manage to find the time to look into it.

I've included the file I'm currently using, which is a simple merge of both PerterP's and the official patch modifications. Again, I may be totally off, use at your own risk etc.

@@ -94,19 +94,10 @@ function SetCommand(command,value)
		if start_sequence_heavy == nil then
		   start_sequence_heavy = start_sequence_full
		end
-		
-		if dev:check_autostart_condition() ~= 0 then 
-			if LockOn_Options.flight.easy_radar then 
-				kill_routine(stop_order)
-				check_routine(start_order,start_sequence_full)
-			else
-				kill_routine(stop_order)
-				check_routine(start_order,start_sequence_heavy)
-			end
+		if LockOn_Options.flight.easy_radar then 
+		    check_routine(start_order,start_sequence_full)
		else
-			for i,o in pairs(alert_messages) do
-				print_message_to_user(alert_messages[i].message,alert_messages[i].message_timeout)
-			end
+		    check_routine(start_order,start_sequence_heavy)
		end
	elseif command == iCommandEnginesStop then
        kill_routine(start_order)

Macro_handler.lua

• Like 1

Thanks - Updated!

- revisit the first post and read the changed readme.

to be honest: I had the 1.2.4 version already since some months sitting on my disk - but I was somewhat lazy to upload it....

-whatever- users of the old version don't have to expect a in-cockpit bug .

But its advisable to update if you wan't to make sure that you don't face any 'surprise' .

Edited by PeterP

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question Peter: In the first post, you say to uncheck the central position trimmer mode for this mod to work but it seems to work fine with it still checked. Has this changed since? What was suppose to happen if left checked?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Central trimmer method adds a delay to your controls , they get unresponsive until you centred them...- if you don't mind this. Just use what suits you.

I'm maybe also not the right person to ask this , I only use FFB .

So I really don't know what exactly happens - but problems with the central-trim method where reported by non-ffb users - so I added it to the instruction.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

PeterP;

I have no issue about trimming and rudder actually. I just wanted to try your mod.

Mmmmm, I realized that it was nice to trim cyclic without worrying about rudder. :)

Thanks.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

Your Unchain Rudder Mod does not work in 1.2.6 (it breaks Auto Start Up)

ED have changed some parameters in the lua files that you edited.

Could you please update it when you have the time.

Thanks,

Toby

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

I might have fixed it. All I did was to compare PeterP's files to the vanilla versions and merge those changes to the 1.26 versions since the 1.26 version doesn't seem to change the logic of the parts the mod adds to. But scripting gurus are welcome to correct me. :)

The file is attached to this post http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1872154&postcount=14

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Your Unchain Rudder Mod does not work in 1.2.6 (it breaks Auto Start Up)

ED have changed some parameters in the lua files that you edited.

Could you please update it when you have the time.

Thanks,

Toby

Thanks for the Head-up!

...well , it has been a long time that I was such a lazy coward to use this cheat... :D

Post #1 is now updated with a new download for 1.2.6.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that has bothered me (a teensy bit) when using this savior of a mod. Is that when the trimmer is released while the rudder being off-center, the rudder will jump a small distance in the direction of deflection before going back to the old position. Enough to slightly offset the aircraft, for example, when going fast and straight, with right rudder applied to counter side-slip.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong (configs, input-setup, etc.) to suffer from this. But tonight I thought about reducing it.

I remembered that old dreaded stick-center time, and thought tinkering with that variable could help.

And behold, setting HelicopterTrimmerTauInverse in DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\FM\FMOptions.lua to 0.0, fixed my problem. Since I'm a FFB user with non-centering pedals, I don't even need the mod after that change. For non-FFB users this change would of course not work, since the value is shared by both cyclic and rudder, and this mod would be required instead.

Does doing this have any know side-effects that I'm not aware of - everything seems OK during my brief testing.

Edited by Hunden Ynk

• 2 weeks later...

Change in the latest version of DCS 1.2.6.18933 (don't know if it was also present in 1.2.6 update 1):

Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\Macro_handler.lua

Line 148: function release()

Changed to: function on_state_close()

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 4 months later...

It is only relevant for the KA-50 and only concerns files for the KA-50. The two others already have this functionality :-)

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...