Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 10:21 PM   #71
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Ticket Sale for Syria Monuments Tour!!!

Do Not Miss it

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:46 AM   #72
DracoLlasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
I too won't be buying it after my experience with the Normandy map. Not because I am worried about the performance or quality at release or that it's another desert, I think that next to the Balkans, it is one of the most desirable and interesting theatres, but because I am uncomfortable with the ongoing support after release.

When I bought the Normandy map, I thought I was buying an ED product. There was no indication in the web store description or early access literature that indicated that it was a third party product, that was revised later. In fact it was not until the Caucasus got Speedtrees that we learned the name of the third party.

At that time, posts on the forum from ED representatives seemed to indicate that Ugra media had discharged their contractual obligations and had moved on to another project. The indication was that they might come back to Normandy to fix bugs when Syria was released. The discussion about implementation of Speedtrees and now the VR improvements along with the complete silence of the developer would lead a reasonable person to believe that future updates as new technology is rolled out in the core DCS engine is unlikely from the developer and not forthcoming from ED as they do not see it as their responsibility. This gives me pause.

Of course, since the VEAO Affair, perhaps contractual obligations have evolved to cover support and maybe profit sharing has changed etc. But the necessarily opaque nature of these business arrangements do nothing to aliviate the buyers concerns. We do not need to know the nitty gritty details of the contract, but a statement of intent from the developer and a declaration by ED of what a customer can expect in terms of support and who will provide it concerning third parties would go a long way to rebuild trust.

Caveat emptor
I will say, there is a lot of interesting points here. I have pretty blindly supported all ED projects, but after VEAO, and the points made here about this studio.. I will be really looking for good info to make sure we get the support we should.

In the end, I too will choose to vote with my wallet, thanks for your input.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD
Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals
DracoLlasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:14 PM   #73
SkipperSMG

Already working on a future template around 130 active and 120 inactive sam sites, speaking of syria alone. At the end it is intended to include all installations of military interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	template.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	211010  

Last edited by SkipperSMG; 05-31-2019 at 10:23 PM.
SkipperSMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #74
Stratos

What really annoys me is the lack of info about the area covered, never seen such a thing on other simulators, where the area covered in the sim/DLC is always the first thing undisclosed. And yes I'm talking about a exact map of the detailed area that we will find once we buy the game.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:47 PM   #75
=BJM=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
What really annoys me is the lack of info about the area covered, never seen such a thing on other simulators, where the area covered in the sim/DLC is always the first thing undisclosed. And yes I'm talking about a exact map of the detailed area that we will find once we buy the game.
Agreed...I don't know what the big secret is. If things are unfinished, fine...just show the current/planned area of coverage and say "subject to change." The map seems far enough along at this point where they are able to do that.
=BJM= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:21 AM   #76
Pikey
Veteran

I can't wait for the Syria map in multiplayer.

Players all over the world will be staring at the briefing page for ages wondering,

"Whose side am I on?"

Apart from being what appears to be the largest open ground manpad testing range, Syria seems to be the capital of Mi-8 graveyards.

Typical missions:

• Rescue the shot down pilots.
  • Rescue the rescue party rescuing the shot down pilots
  • Rescue the prisoners missions. (Prisoners are the SF dudes who were captured trying to rescue the pilots captured by locals with pitchforks.)
  • Manpad Simulator 2019
  • Mig-21 mayhem, how many Mig's can you trash in 20 minutes online?
  • Drone attack sim 2019, now with more drones
  • National border confusion simulator....did he cross it, can we shoot, yet sir?
  • L-39 finally meets combat! And dies 2 seconds later (from a manpad)
  • The Gazelle gets a war it was in!

Hopefully DCS can release an update to IFF that might represent the 1057 coalitions fighting with each other there. I reckon this is the year for LotATC to really shine...

I write missions and I have no idea where to start. I'm thinking I might go for a Capture the Map style map again, but this time for Combined Arms only. You start as one player, with 1000 Iglas and have to capture the entire of Syria for your new Caliphate. Could have some interesting F10 Menu options when entering a town, like 'Torture', 'Kidnap' 'Buy 100 Iglas'
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:55 AM   #77
Spudknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
I can't wait for the Syria map in multiplayer.

Players all over the world will be staring at the briefing page for ages wondering,

"Whose side am I on?"

Apart from being what appears to be the largest open ground manpad testing range, Syria seems to be the capital of Mi-8 graveyards.

Typical missions:

• Rescue the shot down pilots.
  • Rescue the rescue party rescuing the shot down pilots
  • Rescue the prisoners missions. (Prisoners are the SF dudes who were captured trying to rescue the pilots captured by locals with pitchforks.)
  • Manpad Simulator 2019
  • Mig-21 mayhem, how many Mig's can you trash in 20 minutes online?
  • Drone attack sim 2019, now with more drones
  • National border confusion simulator....did he cross it, can we shoot, yet sir?
  • L-39 finally meets combat! And dies 2 seconds later (from a manpad)
  • The Gazelle gets a war it was in!

Hopefully DCS can release an update to IFF that might represent the 1057 coalitions fighting with each other there. I reckon this is the year for LotATC to really shine...

I write missions and I have no idea where to start. I'm thinking I might go for a Capture the Map style map again, but this time for Combined Arms only. You start as one player, with 1000 Iglas and have to capture the entire of Syria for your new Caliphate. Could have some interesting F10 Menu options when entering a town, like 'Torture', 'Kidnap' 'Buy 100 Iglas'
LOL This guy gets it Hahaha!

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS
Spudknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #78
Havremonster

Personal I feel a little bad about a Syrian map while civilian people still getting killed down there…

Last edited by Havremonster; 06-02-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Havremonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #79
sc_neo

@Havremonster Ha, you are right! But that is a can of worms that is probably not allowed to be talked about on this forum, it kinda falls under the general notion of militarism and is probably forbidden to be discussed under the provision to not discuss politics.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #80
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

I think Wags use Syria map on the last Hornet JSOW video.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote