January 15th 2016 Newsletter Discussion

SkateZilla

I preordered NTTR and will be able to download both campaigns once completed.

My question is- Will I be able to use my A10a module on the upcoming A10 campaign or is it just for the C version?

Edited for typo

Edited by leadlag
typo

You might get a choice of 1,

As for cheaper? Where do you see it cheaper?

Newsletter says if I use bonus I can buy NTTR with 50% reduction.

I am completely uninterested in either campaign, so that doesnt make up for the fact if I waited I would have been able to get NTTR with 50% off rather than the pre purchase 20% off.

Edited by BaconSarnie

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Does the new update still require Alt Enter to get into full screen?

Out of interest does alt Enter only force full window or does it toggle when pressed repeatedly... an answer to that will help me sleep better at nights.

What I do if I want to return to windows desktop is press ALT-ESC . Then I can see windows taskbar!

Alt-ENTER does nothing from what I can understand, just monitor blink.

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I do if I want to return to windows desktop is press ALT-ESC . Then I can see windows taskbar!

Alt-ENTER does nothing from what I can understand, just monitor blink.

Alt+Enter puts you into fullscreen.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

I pre-ordered NTTR in Sept 2015 as I'm sure I read you get F15 and A10 red flag campaign free. It's showing as $9.99 in my module manager??

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Alt+Enter puts you into fullscreen.

How do I know that! any way to understand what mode I am on?

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am completely uninterested in either campaign, so that doesnt make up for the fact if I waited I would have been able to get NTTR with 50% off rather than the pre purchase 20% off.

Gee, get over it mate ! Really ! I bet in the next 12 months there will be a sale where you could get the Nevada map with a 50% discount without the need to use your bonus credits.

And who did force you to buy it ?

I pre-ordered NTTR in Sept 2015 as I'm sure I read you get F15 and A10 red flag campaign free. It's showing as $9.99 in my module manager??

Go to the ED store, click on the more button, than, at the bottom, there should be a "show serial number" if you are eligable to get the campaign for free. Afterwards, the store should change to "bought" and sooner or later your module manager should tell you the campaign is ready for download ... at least it did for me.

Not sure if necessary but I checked the serial number after I got it via the "more" button with the licence check option in my profile.

I have a doubt after watching the F15C Red Flag campaign trailer.

I'm not much of an expert, but in real Red Flag exercises, the pilots don't shoot each other down, right? This is shown happening in the trailer, but I thought these Red Flag exercises were gonna be just like the real ones, unless I missed some info. Were the missions tweaked purposely to be more like actual war?

Limitation of the engine and/or saving precious resources in simulating a simulated missile launch.

Would be good IF they could though.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Gee, get over it mate ! Really ! I bet in the next 12 months there will be a sale where you could get the Nevada map with a 50% discount without the need to use your bonus credits.

And who did force you to buy it ?

Go to the ED store, click on the more button, than, at the bottom, there should be a "show serial number" if you are eligable to get the campaign for free. Afterwards, the store should change to "bought" and sooner or later your module manager should tell you the campaign is ready for download ... at least it did for me.

Not sure if necessary but I checked the serial number after I got it via the "more" button with the licence check option in my profile.

Ah, I see get seriel number in the DCS store. Cheers Noksi :D See what happens now.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Looking forward to Tonopah AFB and the National Training Center. :thumbup:

Does this mean, that the Nevada map grows to the left and downside or just to the edge, where Fort Irwin is?

NationalTrainingCenter.JPG.f57b455af097b629ac0665148eb01925.JPG

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... I would have been able to get NTTR with 50% off rather than the pre purchase 20% off.

Sorry to hear you're upset, but thiis is standard practice. There are no evil tricks here. If you're honestly looking for the lowest price, wait a year or so after launch. Discounts increase as time passes.

Pre-purchases are for those who can't wait. If you're on a budget, avoid them and wait for sales.

Only the campaigns are available for discount, not the map, and only via the bonus system.

New modules are usually not on discounts for several months after release.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I believe the NL said you can use your bonus to get up to 50% off.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I've read it second time now and you are right... hmm 50% off a month after release even if it is under the bonus system is strange.

Maybe a lesson for next time? Either get goodies with pre-sell or wait a month to get 50% off, taking in account you have enough bonus money and that it only counts for ED modules and not 3rd party.

Hmm :huh:

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Ft.Irwin baby(NTC) home of the 11th ACR :D

So many doors are gonna open up for mission options/training etc with the addition of Ft.Irwin, having been there twice once in a combat arms role an 2nd in a support role, can't wait to see this added to DCSW/NTTR.

Edited by Call911

Thanks all for the replies to the Alt Ent question, much appreciated.

In regards to more NTTR... yes please!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.