M71 falling short?

Fred00

I've run the training mission for the M71 CCIP high drag bombs, and every time the boms fall a bit short. About half of the boms hit the row of vehicles. Is this a bug or is it just me?
I saw the same thing last night in the open beta, so there's at least two of us.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

• 4 weeks later...

They're consistently falling short for me as well, on top of that. Between M0.80 and M0.90 I still get fragmentation and arming warnings in the HUD when flying between 100 and 150m AGL. (Vertical lines and release cue are both flashing)

v1hN1y4.jpg

Impact following above release point is about 1000 feet short.

No wind, standard weather.

vCxd210.jpg

Edited by Noctrach
Factual correctness

Weird! I experience the same thing in the CCIP training mission (half of the bombs fall short), but when I fly the Instant Action mission "Offensive Counter Air" practically all bombs are on target. Only one bomb falls short when I press the trigger as the dot passes the closest target (tried a bunch of times now). I don't understand why I get different results in the two missions.

I also get the fragmentation and arming warnings in both missions. It is still possible to release the bombs, they all seem to arm fine and there's no fragmentation damage.

--- edit ---

I didn't correctly set the QFE in the Offensive Counter Air mission. I set the QFE so that radar and barometric altitudes matched when lining up for the target over the sea. When setting the QFE to the value indicated by the kneeboard the bombs fall short in that mission too. Adding 2hPa to the QFE seems to do the trick in both missions, as veenee states in the "Dive bombing bugged?" thread.

Edited by mauzer