JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Hi Stuart !

Sorry for missing your post.

We used to have a WW2 area in the server, but was rarely used. It only created more slot-chaos and delayed loading/start-up times. The final blow came when server crashes started and I was taking everything out, in desperation to find what was causing it. I never did, but the planes never made it back.

Plus the wasted money on all these modules that I have never flown more than 1 or 2 times... I stopped buying as I prefer to keep the money for the server's fees.

Still, I may put back a couple of planes since you asked. Do you have a preference as to which ones ? (keep in mind I do not have the new Fw109A and I-16).

Regards !

Sorry fella, I missed your post as well. :D

Yeah I take your point. Well personally I love the spitfire, and I really miss the fact there is absolutely no place to use it in multiplayer at the moment. Personally Ill take whatever you can give. I would suspect the Spitfire and Fw190A8 would be a popular matchup. The Dora9 and the K4 are a bit overmatch for the spitfire really.

Its a really great server, and my thanks to you for it. I flatter myself its made me a better F14 pilot, so thanks for that. :)

[ATTACH]218058[/ATTACH]

Characters like that should be in therapy. They are the ones that take away my desire to participate.

People who fight fleeing in a straight line three miles at 700 knots waiting for fuel to run out and when they lose or win, they insult the opponent.

It's all in the game, it's just a game etc etc

But language like this is not accepted.

That guy will not be bothering you anymore.

Cheers

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Yeah I take your point. Well personally I love the spitfire, and I really miss the fact there is absolutely no place to use it in multiplayer at the moment. Personally Ill take whatever you can give. I would suspect the Spitfire and Fw190A8 would be a popular matchup. The Dora9 and the K4 are a bit overmatch for the spitfire really.

Its a really great server, and my thanks to you for it. I flatter myself its made me a better F14 pilot, so thanks for that. :)

Hi There !

My free time for the past several months is zero...

But I will try to make it as soon as life permits :)

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

My Gametrix vibrating cushion does't work on this server... :(

Has anyone else this same problem?

How do I enable it?

Can you please enable exports on server?

Thanks!

Hi Aries.

Exports are off for the beta server. Bandwidth issues..

It should be OK in the main server.

🙂 Smile 🙂

As a huge fan of the Just Dogfight server I ask that we turn off the ability to use labels. Once I found out others are using labels it really completely ruined the experience for me.

Hey there !

The labels should be nothing more than a dot.

They are for VR users that are in serious disadvantage over the Screen users.

Since this is a close range dogfight server, it should be no problem.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

People are unfortunately abusing the F18 breaker bug, removing the 12g limit and allowing the plane to pull some insane turns without breaking. Not ideal for a WVR server :(

Hi there !

Unfortunately it boils down to the individual.

Until ED fixes this, we rely on people's decency to not abuse it....

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi, new player here with a noob question: Is it mandatory to have a mic in this server?

Hi Refixul.

No, no need to use comms.

TS is there is you want but not many ppl use it.

Enjoy !

🙂 Smile 🙂

As a huge fan of the Just Dogfight server I ask that we turn off the ability to use labels. Once I found out others are using labels it really completely ruined the experience for me.

Sweet. Lets turn off your ability to use zoom on a flat screen and limit your resolution to 1080p too.

VR users need a bit of help when spotting at long range and IFF purposes. I find it totally usable as is here as its just a dot thats still hard to see at a distance. Unless you want the VR guys to just say screw it, blue on blue works too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

These two guys are in the server spouting racist and hateful comments at people flying against them. Ruins the fun of the server.

Very offensive language that is against server rules, while everyone was trying to have a civil discussion.

RangerHawkRacism.thumb.png.6d948078b5bbfa48a132589f8197996c.png

Is there anyway to talk you in to adding some warbirds? Maybe around Sochi or something? I see that people have already asked... but you don't have to own the modules to put them in anymore I think? Anyway, would be cool. Thanks for the server!!

Edited by ZoSo

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

Hi Flighter,

First of all , thank you, enjoying your server very much! I have a small request:

Would it be possible to make the AJS-37 Viggen available in the guns only area (with 2 gun pods) and in the 1v1 area (with 2 gun pods and RB-74 a2a missiles) as well ?

Right now it is only selectable in the Air and Gnd slots.

Thank you ,

Snappy

Edit: Ok I checked again and noticed , its actually selectable for guns only , but only on red side .

Edited by Snappy

Is there anyway to talk you in to adding some warbirds? Maybe around Sochi or something? I see that people have already asked... but you don't have to own the modules to put them in anymore I think? Anyway, would be cool. Thanks for the server!!

Hi ZoSo.

Do you mean add another area ? If so I am afraid the answer is no as we already have 4 isolated areas. Too much fragmentation. The idea is to have fun with other people.

If you mean something else, let me know.

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

New troll on the server. The blue player «rikienzo» in an M2K, enters with missiles in the area of ​​GUNS and begins to demolish people of both sides.

[ATTACH]219278[/ATTACH]

Hi there !

Atazar thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I hope this is a one time case that someone flew over from the missiles area.

But please let's keep this thread pleasant and positive.

PM me for any issues.

Also, another member should have already contacted you with an apology...

To err is human to apologize divine. :)

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Flighter,

First of all , thank you, enjoying your server very much! I have a small request:

Would it be possible to make the AJS-37 Viggen available in the guns only area (with 2 gun pods) and in the 1v1 area (with 2 gun pods and RB-74 a2a missiles) as well ?

Right now it is only selectable in the Air and Gnd slots.

Thank you ,

Snappy

Edit: Ok I checked again and noticed , its actually selectable for guns only , but only on red side .

Hi Snappy !

Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice having a busy server and this is possible thanks to you (all).

I have added the pods and also another Viggen to the blue team (GUNS). Please let me know if all is OK. Was done in a hurry, maybe something was overlooked.

Enjoy !

🙂 Smile 🙂

WW2 planes are back !

Hi Stuart !

Better late than never...

The WW2 planes are there again (Beta server only for now). The slots start with WW2-

Check them out and let me know if all is good !

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

FYI, Red AI MiG-29s have been spawning into the Guns only area all day with missiles.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great server! I enjoy it very much. One suggestion is to remove AIM-9X and replace with 9M.

It is mostly Hornet vs Vipers now as the other airframes is at a huge disadvantage. Dogfights gets a bit dull as most players don’t survive the merge. With 9M there is a bigger chance to actually dogfight. If I fly Mirage, Tomcat or MiG-19 I can deal with 9M and R-73 but 9X is too capable. Even useing 9X myself it often ends up as a mutual kill at the merge.