AIM-7 Disable loft please - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-07-2019, 03:52 AM   #21
Oceandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
Bump, still not resolved or acknowledged by ED
I believe they read it but its high possibility down low on the list. They're busy with Hornet and Viper. Meanwhile just build your own tactics to overcome this problem (if you wanna say so) or completly avoid using the missile as I do.

Cheers
Old 10-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #22
Rabbisaur

Please add a key bind so we can choose active or disable loft.
Rabbisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #23
Nightwolf

Well we're on to more than three months since the report, I still haven't seen ED anywhere acknowledge that this is a requested feature or anything. Can we get some confirmation whether GGTharos's new logic is being worked on, or if we're ever going to see an enable/disable loft option in the eagle? Regardless of whether or not you think it's better what we have right now is unrealistic and many people don't like it, often having to use AIM-7Fs on servers where there are no AIM-120s so that they don't have lofting missiles... A simple keybind with MFD indication would be all that's needed for a minimum effort fix, not asking for any new HUD symbology or completely new loft logic, just a toggle button.
"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:05 PM   #24
Schmidtfire

+1
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #25
Nightwolf

Bump
"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin
Old 10-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #26
Schmidtfire

double bump
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:44 PM   #27
Nightwolf

I'm starting to wonder if ED ever even looks in here anymore, or cares about FC3...
Old 11-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #28
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi all

We do have AIM-7 lofting issues reported for the F/A-18c so I am sure we will see some cross over when it gets looked at.

We also have an issue where MP clients always see the missile loft no matter how it was launched.

Chizh has said he will be looking into missiles again in the new year also. When we have news to share about it we will share that with you also.

So just so I am clear on this you want the option to not loft AIM-7 when at medium range with the F-15c
Old 11-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #29
GGTharos
Veteran

I'd prefer the loft for the 7 to work correctly. This means that:

IF the switch for loft is ON
AND
IF the aircraft is pitched 20 degrees or more above the horizon
AND
IF time to target greater than some amount (40 sec)

Loft the AIM-7MH.

This can work fine for both the 18 and 15 and 14 ... for the 15, just assume the loft switch is always on, but don't loft if the other conditions are not met.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #30
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
I'd prefer the loft for the 7 to work correctly. This means that:

IF the switch for loft is ON
AND
IF the aircraft is pitched 20 degrees or more above the horizon
AND
IF time to target greater than some amount (40 sec)

Loft the AIM-7MH.

This can work fine for both the 18 and 15 and 14 ... for the 15, just assume the loft switch is always on, but don't loft if the other conditions are not met.
I will ask the team, but give me some time as we are heading into the weekend now.