The Harrier in VR

Techy111

VR is pretty good, some things are hard to read, but, that isnt RAZBAMs fault for modeling things at scale. I also personally as stated in my video dont care about these kinds of things because once you know what things are, its easier.

• Like 1

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Hi Fellas,

Maintaining the VR cockpit detail, will we have a VR pilots body in the Harrier? With VR I find the immersion value higher with a virtual body. It seems pointless IMO to go to the greatest of lengths to capture the detail of the cockpit only to have an empty seat whilst airborne. To me, at this point, the reality then goes straight out the window (or should that be canopy?).

• Like 1

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Hi Fellas,

Maintaining the VR cockpit detail, will we have a VR pilots body in the Harrier? With VR I find the immersion value higher with a virtual body. It seems pointless IMO to go to the greatest of lengths to capture the detail of the cockpit only to have an empty seat whilst airborne. To me, at this point, the reality then goes straight out the window (or should that be canopy?).

This x 1,000,000

My biggest hope for the Harrier, Hornet and Tomcat is that they have a pilot's body in the seat (optional). I am mind blown constantly that the Warthog does not have this still :doh:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This x 1,000,000

I am mind blown constantly that the Warthog does not have this still :doh:

+1 (goes for all DCS/FC3 modules that currently don't have a pilot's body).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Lack of a pilot body is a major omission in any sim that employs VR imo, agree wholeheartedly with those above.

+1

They (RAZBAM) did a great job on the M2000C pilot body, it looks great in VR. You can even see books stuffed into his left ankle pocket from certain angles. I for one hope they repeat similar for the Harrier, as Im sure they will. Question for now though is will the pilot body be present in the early access release?

Fingers crossed it will........

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I’m going to disagree. I find having a body in the seat in vr very distracting because you can’t move it so you move your head to strange angles to see around it. Let’s face it if your knee is blocking LOS to a gauge in real life. you move your knee not your head. Without the body I can keep a more natural and comfortable head position.

AOG

I’m going to disagree. I find having a body in the seat in vr very distracting because you can’t move it so you move your head to strange angles to see around it. Let’s face it if your knee is blocking LOS to a gauge in real life. you move your knee not your head. Without the body I can keep a more natural and comfortable head position.

AOG

True, I find it depends on the plane though. Some are bad for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AOG

That is why having a toggle is best...hit a quick button when the body is in your way, click your switch, and hit the button again :thumbup:

Plus that way everyone is happy...both people who do and don't want a pilot's body in their jet.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440