extra g tolerance??

eatthis

"You can generally hold up to 8.2 - 8.4 G's without blacking out

If you go to 9G it will take roughly 3-6 seconds to blackout.

F-18 can hold 8.2-8.4 G's without losing speed as long as you're faster then 480 ish knots.

F-14 loses speed when holding 8.2-8.4 G's at 520+ knots

F-16 loses speed when holding 8.2-8.4 G's at 500+ knots (faster than F-14)

anybody have any numbers for this?

sitting here in my head would this broaden the cats speed sweetspot? ie can pull serious turn rates at higher speeds too?

You can bleed too much speed if (like me) you were reliant on the previous values for blackout onset to hold you at certain turn rates at a given mach number. In other words, the delay in g-lock onset is not insignificant.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

You can bleed too much speed if (like me) you were reliant on the previous values for blackout onset to hold you at certain turn rates at a given mach number. In other words, the delay in g-lock onset is not insignificant.

just tried some dact with our tame hornet squadron. im liking the new g tolerance!!!! im far more comfortable merging at 500 knots now and just trading the speed for rate! 1.5 to 2 turns and done lol

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

just tried some dact with our tame hornet squadron. im liking the new g tolerance!!!! im far more comfortable merging at 500 knots now and just trading the speed for rate! 1.5 to 2 turns and done lol

Me too! :D

Energy tactics are much more viable now. And i think the F-16 drivers will rejoice the most. A good deal of their envelope had been returned to them :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

We're still far short of realistic tolerances though, like very far.

Baby steps, old friend. Baby steps.

What i find more alarming, is that i just came back from the F-16 threads and everyone is jumbling about HARMs abd MAVs, and nobody even noticed they can pull more g's now! :huh:

Talking about a mud mover's community! :lol: