Mission Editor Radio Add Item

I am working on a mission for myself and some friends and I have hit a snag. I am wanting to add a mission list in the F-10 menu. I can get the first item to add which is, when you click other in the F-10 menu, I can see where I added the option "missions". However I would like it to where when you click on missions, it will take you to the next menu so you can select from various types of missions. Basically the same as when we click other in the F-10 menu it takes you to the next menu of options. I have tried several different ways and I still cannot get it to work. Can anyone assist in this?

So first off, the question isn't exactly in the right place.

For the editor we have this section: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Second, sadly what you want can't be done through the editor.

There is, however, a way to do this through a script.

This does mean it might get a little more complicated than you'd want:

So first, you will have to change your trigger to the action: "DO SCRIPT".

As an example you can paste the code below into the "TEXT" box to see it in action.

local subgroup = missionCommands.addSubMenu("Top level group")
local action = missionCommands.addCommand("Sub item", subgroup, trigger.action.setUserFlag, 1, 10)

I don't know your background, but I'll try to walk you through what the script says:

• At the line "local subgroup", the subgroup is created with the displayed text.
  • At the next line an action is made. After its text, it references the subgroup it wants to be part of, which on the previous line was defined (with the local keyword) with the name "subgroup".
    Next, the function to call when the item is triggered is listed. I've chosen to use the flag function to keep the behaviour you know from the editor in tact.
    Last are the 2 arguments that the setUserFlag function needs, which is flag id and flag value respectively.

From here you can do two things: Add another submenu layer or add a second action:

Extra submenu

local midlevelgroup = missionCommands.addSubMenu("Mid level group", subgroup)
local action = missionCommands.addCommand("Sub item", midlevelgroup, trigger.action.setUserFlag, 1, 10)

Note that in the second line, the "midlevelgroup" variable is made which is then referenced in the third line.

Second action:

local actionOne = missionCommands.addCommand("Sub item 1", subgroup, trigger.action.setUserFlag, 1, 10)
local actionTwo = missionCommands.addCommand("Sub item 2", subgroup, trigger.action.setUserFlag, 2, 10)

I hope this is a workable solution for you. Best of luck with your mission!

Sorry for putting this in the wrong place, but the section also stated Help Request so I thought it was appropriate considering I was asking for help with something.

I was reading the response and it never dawned on me that I do not have to use an actual script file as I have been told. Can it be that simple as just doing a script within DCS itself, all I need is the format for what I am needing. I was trying to learn Moose but it gave me a headache because Eclipse was not working correctly and I could not get the file to show up. I do not want to go overboard but there are a few things I would like to put into place.

In addition to the Radio Item Add, I have been trying to get aircraft to spawn at airbases after the base capture is complete but have been unsuccessful. I place the aircraft down and click late activation, and in the trigger put them to activate after groups are dead, but it did not work. All we get is your flight is delayed. Would this also need to be done within a script?

Sorry for putting this in the wrong place, but the section also stated Help Request so I thought it was appropriate considering I was asking for help with something.

As draconus said, no worries, its not the "wrong" place, its just that there is a better place.

I was reading the response and it never dawned on me that I do not have to use an actual script file as I have been told. Can it be that simple as just doing a script within DCS itself, all I need is the format for what I am needing. I was trying to learn Moose but it gave me a headache because Eclipse was not working correctly and I could not get the file to show up. I do not want to go overboard but there are a few things I would like to put into place.

There's quite a few pointers I have for you here which would not be great to list here.

Instead, I would ask you to consider sending me a DM on this form with your Discord ID so we can have a chat there at some point.

In addition to the Radio Item Add, I have been trying to get aircraft to spawn at airbases after the base capture is complete but have been unsuccessful. I place the aircraft down and click late activation, and in the trigger put them to activate after groups are dead, but it did not work. All we get is your flight is delayed. Would this also need to be done within a script?

I've never tried such mechanics but I've got a few idea's on what could go wrong causing the "Your flight is delayed" message.

Again, Discord seems more the place for this because I'll need some additional info.