Extreme FPS loss in after playing a while

Hello, I play using the HP Reverb on a system with 64 GB of RAM, a 2080 Ti and a 8600k.

The problem only occurs when increasing textures to high, both world and cockpit. This problem has only occurred since the last patch or two.

If textures are set to Medium for cockpit and Low for world, this issue doesn't happen even after about 4 hours of play (the longest I have played for and tested). This problem occurs in both SP and MP and seems to happen more often when changing maps from Caucus to PG or when changing planes a lot.

The end result is that FPS goes down to and stays at 20 FPS until DCS is restarted. Leaving a game or restarting a game (SP or MP) has no effect. It seems that the FPS isn't so much low as the frame latency is extremely high, over 100 ms per frame.

Its occurrence is random in terms of temporality, but it has never happened sooner than 30 minutes and never longer than 2 hours before happening.

In the latest open beta, I’m having a similar issue.

I need to do some more testing, but after a couple hours of multiplayer, I start to get terrible stutters and high frametimes, even though the in game FPS counter remains around 40.

I believe it may be related to the supercarrier, as it happens most around the new boat.

Using afterburner to monitor the system, it seems my memory gets pegged at 28-30GB usage for DCS alone (I have 32GB). Further, eventually I start getting low disk space errors, which leads me to believe windows is increasing the page file size to compensate for the maxed out RAM.

GPU is my limiting factor (it’s always maxed at 99-100), but when frame time spikes, there is a corresponding drop in GPU usage, indicating a bottleneck somewhere else - RAM, methinks.

Perhaps the new SC has a memory leak issue?

Graphics settings:

["graphics"] = {

["DOF"] = 0,

["LensEffects"] = 0,

["MSAA"] = 2,

["SSAA"] = 0,

["SSAO"] = 0,

["SSLR"] = 0,

["anisotropy"] = 4,

["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,

["chimneySmokeDensity"] = 2,

["civTraffic"] = "",

["clouds"] = 1,

["clutterMaxDistance"] = 1500,

["cockpitGI"] = 1,

["effects"] = 3,

["flatTerrainShadows"] = 1,

["forestDistanceFactor"] = 1,

["fullScreen"] = true,

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["height"] = 1080,

["lights"] = 2,

["messagesFontScale"] = 1,

["motionBlur"] = 0,

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["outputGamma"] = 1.3,

["preloadRadius"] = 150000,

["rainDroplets"] = true,

["scaleGui"] = 1,

["shadowTree"] = false,

["shadows"] = 1,

["sync"] = false,

["terrainTextures"] = "max",

["textures"] = 2,

["treesVisibility"] = 10000,

["useDeferredShading"] = 1,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["water"] = 2,

["width"] = 1920,

["VR"] = {

["bloom"] = true,

["box_mouse_cursor"] = true,

["custom_IPD"] = 63.5,

["custom_IPD_enable"] = false,

["enable"] = true,

["hand_controllers"] = true,

["interaction_with_grip_only"] = false,

["msaaMaskSize"] = 0.2,

["pixel_density"] = 1.5,

["prefer_built_in_audio"] = true,

["use_mouse"] = true,

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

check your VRam usage, not system Ram. I have reported a similar issue years ago. It seems that vRam gets not cleared properly. I have only 4gigs of Vram, so i could trigger it easily. With more Vram it may just take more time and more stuff loaded into the mission.

If vRam requirements exceed physical Vram, DirectX is supposed to shuffle things back to system ram. That could be the reasons for the high system ram usage you experience.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4032122&postcount=25

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4033533&postcount=28

Experiencing the same. Even when playing without the SC. Restarting DCS fixes it

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

check your VRam usage, not system Ram. I have reported a similar issue years ago. It seems that vRam gets not cleared properly. I have only 4gigs of Vram, so i could trigger it easily. With more Vram it may just take more time and more stuff loaded into the mission.

If vRam requirements exceed physical Vram, DirectX is supposed to shuffle things back to system ram. That could be the reasons for the high system ram usage you experience.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4032122&postcount=25

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4033533&postcount=28

You are right.

My VRAM usage is 10+GB, effectively my entire 11GB are in use. Then system memory goes all the way to 30 of 32, with DCS using 25+ of that.

I’ve only experienced it since the last bug update though.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I dropped textures down from high to medium, memory usage dropped by a couple gigs and seems smoother so far. The visual fidelity difference wasn’t really that noticeable, but it’s too bad with such a high end system I had to do that.

I'm on flat screen and experienced the same thing. I've found the solution by accident by turning my OpenTrack off then on again after that the FPS back to normal without having to restart DCS. I only play MP so your case might be different.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I dropped textures down from high to medium,

I did this trick also, and the increase in fluidness was massive!

Little downside is the poor readability of the F-14 panel labels, but this makes me learn them better and all of them by heart ... :D

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same issue with the latest OB build 2.5.6.50979.

Funny thing is that when you hit "esc" and get into the pause menu the performance is back to normal!

As soon as I resume playing then it drops significantly.

This is reflected also in the task manager. GPU utilization drops to around 15% with subsequent huge performance loss after playing for a while, but then when I hit "esc" and pause the game it goes back up to 100% and fps are back to normal :huh:

Restarting DCS fixes it

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

I am experiencing the same issue with the latest OB build 2.5.6.50979.

Funny thing is that when you hit "esc" and get into the pause menu the performance is back to normal!

As soon as I resume playing then it drops significantly.

This is reflected also in the task manager. GPU utilization drops to around 15% with subsequent huge performance loss after playing for a while, but then when I hit "esc" and pause the game it goes back up to 100% and fps are back to normal :huh:

Restarting DCS fixes it

This!

Also notice huge drop and its something to do with the F10 map, tac commanders notice it also if you look at F10 ingame it can loose FPS also. Its weird almost like its running something in the background

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

My guess is it’s a memory leak, and my guess is in the f-18 somewhere... my 0.02gbp

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I had it while playing TEW 3.0 with the A-10C. I did fly the F/A-18C previously in that session

Im getting u big FPS loss on the Caucuses map.

From 75 FPS before update down to 15 FPS after update. & this is consistent in all Aircraft I have tried & with no aircraft. Yes Just me standing on the runway

:mad::mad::mad::mad::(:cry: