2.5.6 Sound Crackling And Cutting

I am sorry to add this among the many issues already, but I am having serious sound problems with the latest update.

I have been rolled back to 2.5.5 for months and decided to try the new patch. After 24 hours of testing I am getting a constant crackling problem in all modules and scenarios. In the past I used to have this issue when removing my headset and resuming game. A quick restart of the computer always brought it back. Now I am always crackling and its maddening lol.

From ...Crackle... start to ...crackle crackle… Finish... DCS is …Crackle... now always crackling.

I do have all my device settings set to the same frequency and have had no problem anywhere else with persistent crackling.

Thanks

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

System specs or any other info required Fang333333

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

System specs or any other info required Fang333333

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

System Manufacturer HP

System Model OMEN by HP Laptop 15-

Product number 5VX94AV (Custom Built)

Processor Intel® Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical

BIOS Version/Date AMI F.24, 3/10/2020

System memory 32 GB

Graphic device 1

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Primary Soundcard Device 4 Realtek High Definition Audio

Device 13

Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST)

Windows, DCS, system main files on 500 GB SSD

and secondary 1TB HD

Oculus Rift S

--USING OMEN MINDFRAME FROSTCAP USB HEADSETS--- THROUGH VOICEMETER BANANA FOR BUTTKICKER-- VOICEMETER VERSION 2.0.5.0 --- ALSO EXTERNAL USB SOUNDCARD FOR BUTTKICKER (THIS IS NOT CONNECTED OR HAVE ANY AFFECT ON HEADSET SOUND)

Laptop that is probally the issue.. Top End desktops are having issues these days..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Laptop that is probally the issue.. Top End desktops are having issues these days..

How would it be the laptop when the problem is isolated to a specific game version?

Lol plus, this laptop has shown better performance than alot of the desktop FPS posts Ive seen!

How would it be the laptop when the problem is isolated to a specific game version?

Lol plus, this laptop has shown better performance than alot of the desktop FPS posts Ive seen!

Well if you dont think that is the issue maybe try a cleanuo and repair of DCS.. Also maybe try and delete your shader files in FXO and Metashaders in saved games..

I am not having any sound issues in DCS 2.5.6, Specs below..

Did you guys notice the new Sound selection section in DCS 2.5.6? I would look there maybe it is misconfigured besides being heat or maybe what is your memory usage in game? Also is your pagefile big enough?

Edited by The_Nephilim

Well if you dont think that is the issue maybe try a cleanuo and repair of DCS.. Also maybe try and delete your shader files in FXO and Metashaders in saved games..

I am not having any sound issues in DCS 2.5.6, Specs below..

Did you guys notice the new Sound selection section in DCS 2.5.6? I would look there maybe it is misconfigured besides being heat or maybe what is your memory usage in game? Also is your pagefile big enough?

Gonna look into all these thanks!

I also thought I read somewhere in THIS PATCH that ED tried fixing the problem with sound cutting out after devices go into standbye.

It seems coincidental at the least, that after this "fix" now I have a bigger problem. If anyone from ED or who knows more could explain this, I feel like this might be where the issue went wrong.

Just a hunch

Well if it still does not fix it post your log files maybe they will have a clue as too what might be going on..

Check with Latency Mon. https://resplendence.com/latencymon

Thank you checking it out!

I will be using this if I can get a little more serious about this. Looks like a little work but I am so glad you pointed me in this direction! If only I understood any of it! lol. I am also deleting the fxo and shader and

I did discover that after the update from 2..5 to 2..6 DCS routed audio back to the headsets themselves instead of Voicemeter. That was definitely making the problem far worse. I am also going to look Hot Plug Devices as recommended by the VA forum for VA issues. Will report more on this.

Edited by Fang333333

DCS did some changes to the voice system, also when updating the voice config that is cached in the saved games may also need to be reset (i'm not sure which file it is) because it took me 2 restarts before I heard any audio, without moving to a new fresh profile.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I am having those issues as well although it seems more related to Windows 1909 version than to DCS as I see other compalints with other games in r/Windows10. I've had those issues with Doom also, other games are fine though.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Thank you checking it out!

I will be using this if I can get a little more serious about this. Looks like a little work but I am so glad you pointed me in this direction! If only I understood any of it! lol. I am also deleting the fxo and shader and

I did discover that after the update from 2..5 to 2..6 DCS routed audio back to the headsets themselves instead of Voicemeter. That was definitely making the problem far worse. I am also going to look Hot Plug Devices as recommended by the VA forum for VA issues. Will report more on this.

Hey Fang, Are you using Voicemeeter?? IF so do you have it properly configured, Voicemeeter could introdue lag if incorrectly setup.. maybe that is what is going on?

• 2 months later...
Hey Fang, Are you using Voicemeeter?? IF so do you have it properly configured, Voicemeeter could introdue lag if incorrectly setup.. maybe that is what is going on?

today the problem began

not sure if its only with the JF but I have this odd audio crackling noise.

I tried all the regular tricks noo joy

• ED Team

Update: The problem is in the CPU cores allocation. The sound engine just does not have enough CPU time to do its job because of other (unrelated) tasks being assigned to the same CPU core.

Should be fixed in the next openbeta.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.