New StreamDeck Plugin

• 2 weeks later...

Disregard.

I found the issue. There's an extra ) at the end of the Export.lua.

Can't seem to get this to go.

Attached are my settings. I tried commenting out both Tacview and SRS, but that did bupkis.

Not sure what to try next.

I'm attempting to use this with the Harrier.

There is no Export.log being generated in C:\Users\Michael\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs, and I'm guessing there should be.

Included are images of all (hopefully) relevant files.

YNC4fB7.png

Nn3a5Qw.png

fVgXBwM.png

Edited by slaintemaith

Next question:

I find I have to toggle and toggle again for several startup items if I left them in a different state.

Is it possible to have the software read the current switch position and alter it to be that?

That might be unclear.

Let's say I start up the Harrier and fly a mission.

But the game crashes in the middle.

The Stream Deck will keep all the switch position info--so DECS, FUEL, Oxy, et al will still be in the "On" position, even though when I get back into the jet to restart, they'll be "Off."

This creates a minor discord with the Stream Deck, in that one has to double-push the buttons to get them to re-sync.

I was wondering if there weren't some sort of 'state of the cockpit' command one can send to the peripheral to poll the status of the switches and apply them to the current profile if something is in use from it?

I'm working on a F5E profil, and i don't know what i should use for the Fuel auto balance interruptor (3 positions) and for the Emergency jettison which have a protection to remove before activating it.

It's possible you could simply use a keyboard command on the Stream Deck for that.

I'm not sure about the F-5, but I know on the Harrier, some of the key commands are designed for this. The H20 switch has "TAKEOFF or OFF" and "LAND or OFF" as switches, so you could assign a Hotkey Switch (One of the Stream Deck default options) to toggle between the three.

You won't get the pretty updated status on your Steam Deck keypad, but at least the button will work.

Hope this helps!

Next question:

I find I have to toggle and toggle again for several startup items if I left them in a different state.

Is it possible to have the software read the current switch position and alter it to be that ...

This was a bug in the plugin where switches in the 2nd state wouldn't reset to a restarted mission, but has now been fixed in the v1.0.3 Release I published on the GitHub page.

If you still run into problems, feel free to post an issue on the GitHub project where I can more easily keep track of them, here: https://github.com/charlestytler/streamdeck-dcs-interface/issues

I'm working on a F5E profil, and i don't know what i should use for the Fuel auto balance interruptor (3 positions) and for the Emergency jettison which have a protection to remove before activating it.

The fuel autobalance confused me for a bit until I realized it has different button IDs for left/right, but the same DCS ID for switch state. Given that, I would probably use two buttons for left and right, you can have them both track the value of the switch, but one changes image state when <0, and one when >0. If you command it to left, then you have to move it back to center before you can command it with the other button to right; however in practice you'll probably just want to let the plane auto-center it anyways.

For the emergency jettison if you want it on the same button I don't currently have a way to send commands to different button IDs for the two switch states otherwise that would work nicely -- I can look into that for a future update. I do allow the momentary button in multi-actions though.

I tried this and it works pretty well (even puts the cover back on for you haha):

• Create a Stream Deck -> Multi action switch
  • For Multi-Action 1 - Drag a DCS Interface-> Momentary Button and set it to command (Jettison All Button Cover, send value 1)
  • For Multi-Action 2 - Drag 2 momentary buttons to the list; the first set it to command (Jettison All - push to jettison) and the second set it to command (Jettison All Cover, send value -1)
  • Add images of the covered and unconvered button for the two states

Thank you for your answer. I'm going to do as you wrote, and update my plugin, because i have the same issue as slaintemaith.

For information, i contacted Corsair and did a few suggestion for next update. I invite you to do the same. :)

Is there a way to know which version is installed ?

May you add the version in the name of the plugin.

Here are what i asked :

Hi,

I'm using the streamdeck as a button box for combat flight simulator (IL2 great Battle and DCS World) and there are some limitations.

- May you add macro with delay like this Hold Left CTRL + Press Key + release Key + release L CTRL

- May you add USB code for key, because we have some problem using the Right ALT key with an azerty keyboard.

- May you add Interruptor with more than 2 positions.

- May you add more than 2 pictures.

- May you add in the settings the choice to set the the choice of Left or Right keys always on.

Here is an example of what is done with a streadeck, but wich has some limitations du to what i list. Watch the video, it's awesome for virtual pilot.

Many virtual pilots bought one or more streamdeck to build a virtual cockpit, but it can be more with more options.

I have one streamdeck, and i'm thinking to buy others, but it would be cool if we can have the option i listed.

Best regards

Edited by Phoenix FR

I just released the v1.0.3 version the previous night (May 9th), so if you downloaded before then you have an older version.

I need to do a better job of marking versions in the release, but you can find the version number if you click "More Actions..." at the bottom-right of the Stream Deck window and find "DCS Interface" plugin there. Prior versions have just been marked with "1.0", but I've updated the v1.0.3 download just now so it will show "1.0.3" in the Stream Deck, and will keep it up in the future.

Hi Charles,

You're plug-in is amazing and the new release 1.0.3 is just what I was waiting for.

Thank you for giving us the ability to operate the stream deck so closely with DCS.

I love the flashing master caution with the A10c :)

It's fantastic to look at the streamdeck and be sure of the position of each button or switch.

Thanks again and stay safe

I'm really enjoying the plugin!

Once you get used to the interface and the thought behind it, it's really easy to use.

I do have a question, though.

Are the programmable channel numbers for the Harrier's comm 1 & 2 radios exported? (The Dot-Matrix numbers M, E, and 1-26)

I couldn't find it in the export script.

Ctytler, a wonderful tool, you created! If it only worked on my side.:(

Started my approach with a simple switch (HUD DAY/NIGHT A10C) as shown in your tutorial video, I saw the change of it (click in cockpit) displayed on my Stream Deck, nevertheless it didn't work the other way around (sending the command to the cockpit).

If I press the button, the indication on the Stream Deck changes to "neutral (like a middle position) after releasing for a short period to "DAY" (switch pointing up) then it flips back to NIGHT (pointing down) with absolute no reaction in the cockpit.

I hope, I was able to express my problems. :-)

Any help appreciated.

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Ctlyer what are the differences between the two versions?

The versions are mostly just bug fixes and improvements I've made in response to issues users bring to my attention, I've listed the changes for each release here.

For v1.0.3 these were:

• Fixes bug where switches that were not visible would not align with game after a mission restart
  • Improved state transition of switches to remove flickering between states upon press
  • Added some notes on LEV type items in documentation

There are instructions on doing a Version Update on the Github readme, it's pretty simple and all the profiles you've made will persist with an uninstall/re-install.

Ctytler, a wonderful tool, you created! If it only worked on my side.:(

Started my approach with a simple switch (HUD DAY/NIGHT A10C) as shown in your tutorial video, I saw the change of it (click in cockpit) displayed on my Stream Deck, nevertheless it didn't work the other way around (sending the command to the cockpit).

If I press the button, the indication on the Stream Deck changes to "neutral (like a middle position) after releasing for a short period to "DAY" (switch pointing up) then it flips back to NIGHT (pointing down) with absolute no reaction in the cockpit.

I hope, I was able to express my problems. :-)

Any help appreciated.

Hi sharkfin61, I have this mapped as well, can you check your values against these:

DCS Command:

• Button ID: 3006
  • Device ID: 7
  • Send Value for 1st->2nd State: 1
  • Send Value for 2nd->1st State: -1

Image State Change:

• DCS ID: 380
  • Show 2nd State When: greater than (>)
  • Value: 0

I'm really enjoying the plugin!

Once you get used to the interface and the thought behind it, it's really easy to use.

I do have a question, though.

Are the programmable channel numbers for the Harrier's comm 1 & 2 radios exported? (The Dot-Matrix numbers M, E, and 1-26)

I couldn't find it in the export script.

Yep, try ID's 2023 and 2024. Another thing that can be helpful when searching for display values is set them to a recognizable number or letter (i.e. not 0 or 1), then click the "DCS Comms" button in the Streamdeck and "Refresh" while DCS is running for a print out of most recent data values. If you scroll to the bottom you should generally see the IDs for radios/comms/displays based on their value. For example, look for something like "X16" to spot the TACAN display easily.

That's how I usually go about finding them, as in the AV8BNA.lua they're called "lUFC_Chnl1" which isn't intuitive to search for.

Hello!

Possiblity to have this for the JF-17 please?

Thanks a lot!

I've tried to avoid getting into the export script business since I'm afraid of all the maintenance involved there :noexpression:, but check out this person's reddit post relating to the JF-17

Hi sharkfin61, I have this mapped as well, can you check your values against these:

DCS Command:

Button ID: 3006

Device ID: 7

Send Value for 1st->2nd State: 1

Send Value for 2nd->1st State: -1

Image State Change:

DCS ID: 380

Show 2nd State When: greater than (>)

Value: 0

Thank you, I'll give it a try when I come home tonight.

(I think I altered the Device ID from 7 to 380, maybe this is the reason, mixed up Device ID with DCS ID)

sharkfin out!

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Hi guys

I installed the latest version of this plugin, but didn't realise it doesn't yet support the only aircraft I fly, the F-14 Tomcat. So I then found the incredible F-14 Stream Deck profile created by Togg, and installed that. However, it's not working properly now - is it possible that this plug in is interfering with Togg's? How do I completely remove ctytler's profile to ensure there's no conflict? Do I need to remove the line from the export.lua file that I added when installing ctytler's plug in?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Thank you also,ctytler, now it works like a charm.

Also a nice concept of your A-10c file.

So for the left half of the UFC And the subfolder I can confirm it is working well in the A-10C.

What a pity that one cannot create profiles for the SD XL if he doesn't own the exact hardware (Stream Deck XL in my case) :-(

BTW, is there any chance to have the radio frequencies displayed on the buttons? (one button for 100 MHz, next button for 10 MHZ,...)

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Some time ago now, I purchased an XL model.

Due to the country going into lock-down the delivery of said unit was delayed.

Track and trace informs me to expect it tomorrow. ok.

Now like others I read this string and watched the video. In my case I thought "Yeah, give that a go"

I come to my main point here. If I mess up the install, can I revert to just using the deck's software.

Can I just use SD as a keyboard extension. Will I be able to use SD in DCS without this plug-in?

I am keen to use the plug-in as described, however I need to cover my arse as my Son strictly forbids me from going beyond the desktop.

Can I just use SD as a keyboard extension. Will I be able to use SD in DCS without this plug-in?

Yep. You completely can. Before this plugin, I was just using it to run keyboard commands on-the-fly.

It still works amazingly for it, you just have to know/program whatever keyboard command you want to use--you can even string them together so several keypresses can be linked to one button.

ctytler has just made a plugin that vastly expands what it can do, and makes it happen with very little headache.

Uh. I have no idea how savvy you are with computers.

I can't answer that question, I'm afraid.

But StreamDeck is easy and intuititive to use by itself.

ctytler's plugin will require a bit more research, but it's not insurmountable by mere mortals. It does take some getting used to, though, as it's not the same way StreamDeck works by default.

He's got links to videos on how to install and use in the first post of this thread, I believe.