New StreamDeck Plugin

Hi @bones1014 and @Weegie, sorry for the slow response. The Viggen mode buttons don't show up in the ID Lookup because they aren't detailed in the "clickable_data" lua files I query from to populate the tables (basically anything with a hover text in the cockpit is pulled in from this). However they are assignable in Control options so are possible to bind to.

Looking in the Viggen's Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\joystick\default.lua file, it lists:

{combos = {{key = "Q", reformers = {"LCtrl"}}}, down = 3100, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Mode select - FK", category = "Mode selector"},
    {combos = {{key = "Q", reformers = {"LAlt"}}}, down = 3101, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Mode select - BER", category = "Mode selector"},
    {combos = {{key = "Q", reformers = {"RAlt"}}}, down = 3102, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Mode select - NAV", category = "Mode selector"},
    {combos = {{key = "Q", reformers = {"RCtrl"}}}, down = 3103, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Mode select - ANF", category = "Mode selector"},
    {combos = {{key = "Q", reformers = {"RShift"}}}, down = 3104, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Mode select - SPA", category = "Mode selector"},
    {combos = {{key = "W", reformers = {"RCtrl"}}}, down = 3105, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Mode select - LANDNAV", category = "Mode selector"},
    {combos = {{key = "W", reformers = {"RShift"}}}, down = 3106, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Mode select - LANDPO", category = "Mode selector"},
    {combos = {{key = "X", reformers = {"RShift","RCtrl"}}}, down = 3200, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "HÖJD CISI", category = "Navigation"},
    {combos = {{key = "Z", reformers = {"RShift","RCtrl"}}}, down = 3201, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "SLAV SI", category = "Navigation"},
    {combos = {{key = "T", reformers = {"RShift","RCtrl"}}}, down = 3210, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, name = "Pitch gearing Automatic/Landing", category = "Flight Control"},

And within the Streamdeck plugin ID Lookup table if you search "FLIGHTDATAUNIT" you can see it is Device ID = 22. So you can manually populate the fields in the plugin button for DCS Command Settings:

Mode Select - ANF
Button ID: 3009
Device ID: 22
Send Value while Pressed: 1

I've attached a Viggen profile I use where I added a "Master Mode" folder that has the working selections.

Viggen.streamDeckProfile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Weegie said:

If you find a solution, I'd appreciate if you'd let me know how you managed it

I went through the Viggen folder itself until I found a file called "clickabledata.lua" inside there was a line that said

-- Datapanel rotary selector
elements["Datarot-PTR"] = multiposition_switch_limited(_("Datapanel Selector"), devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, 3009, 200, 7, 0.1,false,0)

I took the 3009 from that line and added to the script like so:

-- Datapanel
    [3009] = "%ld", --datapanel selector custom
    [200] = "%1d",    -- Datapanel Selector

and now the datapanel selector rotates under a single button! I can't get it to display any output like current position yet. 

Still have the problem with using the master mode as a rotary. It freezes the scripts between streamdeck and DCS.

11 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

@bones1014

For the current position, try with the line modified like this.

[200] = "%.1f",    -- Datapanel Selector

To get anything at all to display output I used

[3009] = "%.1f", --datapanel selector custom

And even then it only displayed 0.0 regardless of switch position. Thanks for the tip though.

Does anyone have a fully populated A10-C2 version for the 15 button unit at all please? Just got my Stream Deck and its starting to get frustrating!

6700K, ASUS Pro Gaming M/B, 16gb Kinston DDR4 2400, Strix 1070, Triple 24" with 19" MFD Screen 1080p, HOTAS Warthog, MFDs

2 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

Oh, right.
Sorry, I only have the 32 button version of the Streamdeck

Yes, the 15 button is the orginal version of the deck

6700K, ASUS Pro Gaming M/B, 16gb Kinston DDR4 2400, Strix 1070, Triple 24" with 19" MFD Screen 1080p, HOTAS Warthog, MFDs

Ok Folks, I'm frustrated up to the point of wanting to quit after all the work i've done on this plugin but it's not on the Streamdeck or @ctytler's fault at all. It's seems to be the export script that is giving me fits. It's so inconsistant. 1 out of every 10 bootups and DCS start it all works. I've been investigating the logs and found that when it fails the following is the result:

ExportScript Version: 1.2.1
17:53:59:807 : Create UDPSender
17:53:59:807 : Create UDPListner
17:53:59:808 : File Path: B:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\AV8BNA.lua
17:53:59:809 : File 'B:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\AV8BNA.lua' loaded
17:53:59:809 : Version:
17:53:59:809 : Config: 1.2.1
17:53:59:809 : Maps: 1.2.1
17:53:59:809 : Tools: 1.2.1
17:53:59:809 : AV8BNA: 1.2.1
17:53:59:809 : genericRadio: 1.2.1
17:53:59:809 : ExportScript: 1.2.1
17:53:59:809 : Detected Map: Nevada
17:53:59:809 : Create UDPSender
17:53:59:809 : FlushData protect: nil
, string: "Cannot assign requested address"

17:54:24:552 : Create UDPSender
17:54:24:552 : FlushData protect: nil
, string: "Cannot assign requested address"

The last 3 line repeat indefinitly and DCS drops to about 1 FPS.

When it all works. "17:53:59:809 : FlushData protect: ******" says something else the one time and no repeats.

I've disabled my firewall and AntiVirus, Tested that I can ping 127.0.0.1 which is the local machine, I've tested the ports setup in the Export.lua file are open and listening....

What am I missing?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, macman1 said:

Can anyone help with the plug in installer link?  Everytime I go to download it, I just get a blank Microsoft Explorer file called 

com.ctytler.dcs (9).streamDeckPlugin.  Can't get to download for some reason.  Thanks.

I'm just off to bed, but if you check back tomorrow I'll see if I can work out what's wrong. Might be you're just clicking a dead link.

Thanks Frostycab.   - I'm not sure, but I just manually put the file into the Steamdeck program and it seemed to stay there.  I'll test it later this weekend.  Assuming this works well, are the profiles automatically installed or do we manually have to download these too? 

Edited by macman1

32 minutes ago, macman1 said:

Thanks Frostycab.   - I'm not sure, but I just manually put the file into the Steamdeck program and it seemed to stay there.  I'll test it later this weekend.  Assuming this works well, are the profiles automatically installed or do we manually have to download these too? 

Glad you managed to get it loaded. The profiles install separately. Once you've downloaded one, just double click the file and it should load into the profile list on your Streamdeck software. The files have the ".streamDeckProfile" file extension on them.

Frostycab - Yep - I now have the plugin for Streamdeck installed - thanks for the help.  Can you tell me where to download the profiles from?  That was my next step.  Wasn't sure if I get them from this Forum or from the github site by Charles Tyler where I got the original plugin.

Edited by macman1

You'll find a load in the User files section of the DCS website, though occasionally you might trip over one somewhere else. Some people share them onto Discord servers too. Can also just search for "streamdeck profile" in the forum and you'll find a few randomly scattered around. I did read something about the author looking into the possibility of setting up a repository for profiles, but I don't think he's done it yet.

User Files (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

STREAM DECK PROFILES LIBRARY - Input and Output - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

What aircraft do you want them for, and which streamdeck do you have? Make sure you download the right ones for your streamdeck. If you only have the original as opposed to the XL version then obviously you won't be able to see most of the buttons. I've got a couple of profiles for the XL if you need them. One is for the KA-50, and the other is for the Harrier. There's no substitute for creating your own eventually though, as its nice to customise them just the way you like.

Edited by frostycab

Frostycab - Great,  I  do have the streamdeck xl.  I went back to Charles Tyler's github page and found a few profiles.  I will also check out the userfile page you sent.  I guess the next issue is where do I put these files?  Do I have to install them directly into the Streamdeck directory?  I didn't see a place to put them. 

I'll be using the F18 and Harrier profiles once I get things up and running.  This setup really will be great - thanks to Charles for setting it up.

One last question, does it matter if you use DCS Bios?  I've only heard about it but was hoping to get by without it if possible, due to my limited computer knowledge. 

Edited by macman1

You don't have to put them anywhere. Just double click the profile file once its downloaded and it will install into the streamdeck software. Its worth keeping the original file somewhere if you like it though, because if you're like me and reinstall Windows without remembering to backup first then you'll be hunting the web to find the profile again. LOL

I started building an F-18 profile a while ago but got distracted by other things so its only got a couple of pages so far. Best thing to do is think about your whole setup and desktop layout, and consider what you actually want on the 'deck. I usually start building a complete profile, but it can start to get a bit clunky if you end up with too many pages and folders, so consider keeping it a bit slimmer and only including stuff you'll actually use. For example, my Harrier profile has an entire page just for the left switch panel with pretty much everything on it, but in practice I rarely use most of it, so I'm building a condensed version which amalgamates things I do actually use from several panels and keeps the profile and layout much simpler. 

You'll probably also find that some things just feel more natural if you still use the mouse for them, at least at first. The biggest thing I use it for is for the UFC in various planes, so that's a good place to start if you want to work out what you're doing.

Trying to get an export file for the MI-24P created, but I'm having no luck. Just can't figure out the logic behind what info is needed for the Exportscript to fully complete.

Does anyone have any pointers as to where I start with creating a file for a new module?

24 minutes ago, gomslork said:

Trying to get an export file for the MI-24P created, but I'm having no luck. Just can't figure out the logic behind what info is needed for the Exportscript to fully complete.

Does anyone have any pointers as to where I start with creating a file for a new module?

You can try to follow the link of this post

Hi. i created cyclable incremental inputs for the f5e and everything was working for a couple of hours until i restared dcs. One example is that the selective jettison selectable was able to change text values i had set bu then it stopped working although the switch moved as it should. I can not seem to bind radio incrementals with the cyclable as well. I would really appreciate help 🙂

Weird issue number two. i have set upp all rwr buttons in the f5e as momentary buttons with lamp. earlier today all buttons worked. But as i am just testing it the rwr power button doesnt want to stay turned on or pressed as I should call it. manually pressing it with mosue works and changes the image state but when im pressing on the streamdeck button it jumps back like a normal rwr button 🤔

For the radio knobs, these for some reason work best with a momentary button input instead of increment for some reason. Try that with a positive input value to increase and negative value to decrease.  

For the RWR if the off/on states for the buttons are 0/1, when you use the momentary button it will command 1 then 0 on release. There’s a checkbox in the button Command settings that should allow you to disable the release, or you may want to use a switch instead.  

I’m unsure what the issue with reset is, generally all the buttons on the stream deck should reset their state at the start of a new mission. 

Hello! A few of us Hind'ers are having trouble with getting the ID Lookup working with the Mi-24P. Here is my Export.log when compared to the Mi-8:
unknown.png

As you can see, it seems that here is "No module found". @ctytler, do you know what may be causing this or a solution/workaround? (I have a working Mi-24P.lua in ExportsModules, but I don't think that is related to this specific problem. The export file tool worked great btw.)

Edit: I see you are already working on it. Thanks!
https://github.com/charlestytler/streamdeck-dcs-interface/issues/35

Edited by Bailey