so Prowler said the 2000-5 will happen ?

Contact409

.........Seriously, that I think is seen in France as one of the good ways to promote their own fighter industry... Something that I wish that Russia could do as well with little more modern aircrafts than Su-25A, Su-27S and Mig-29S.

That is quite true. I know some of our Air Force Generals play DCS and he has played it since Flanker series while he was Liutenant Colonel. Now we have a bunch of Su-27 and 30, Su-35 is on the way to join :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

They are explaining they want to use serious gaming as a cheap tool for large scale training (think virtual COMAO, 30+ players).

They said it started with EC 2/5 for their own training. But AdA want to expand the concept. Next is Mirage 2000-5, maybe other Mirage 2000 (after C and -5 only D is missing). On longer plan, they think about all AdA air assets, and they talk about A400M and...Rafale :smartass:

They also say they are on the market for proper HOTAS.

I saw some pictures of prototypes of Warthog mods for C and -5. But it's super expensive for consumer market (metallic 3D printing, 800€ for stick).

But one thing at a time...that kind of thing takes time.

Your the French speaking man and/or woman (but statistically more likely to be a man)

Your the French speaking man and/or woman (but statistically more likely to be a man)

I can confirm the translation is correct. I would add that they do not mention any public release of these assets, only that the AdA would like to use them. The only confirmation is the -5 by Prowler.

Good luck with that Dassault is super protective of IP. Even when people made the rafale for fsx/p3d they got slapped with a cease from Dassault.

There's an ongoing discussion on French forum too, and one of the guy works on the project for AdA.

- there's apparently no doubt on the possibility to make Mirage 2000-5. Calendar date is to be taken with a grain of salt though.

- They are thinking about Rafale, and it would need Dassault agreement. But AdA is taking care of negotiations with Dassault.

- it is confirmed that the business model would be to produce a consumer variant of the modules.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Damn that's great news. So basically it sounds like the AdA would fund Razbam's developement of those modules? Or would they start from the current 2000C and get other people to develop their own stuff, then release to DCS whatever they are comfortable with?

Damn that's great news. So basically it sounds like the AdA would fund Razbam's developement of those modules? Or would they start from the current 2000C and get other people to develop their own stuff, then release to DCS whatever they are comfortable with?

That’s just my guess, but the main problem for modern fighters is access to information.

So AdA would provide data, then Razbam would make the module and sell it to consumer market.

AdA is looking for cost effective solution for massive simulation training.

It’s not our business to know what AdA pay, but I bet selling some thousands of modules would provide more benefit.

Razbam has obvious lead on Mirage 2000 family.

For the rest we’ll see.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Whilest this is fantastic news for RAZBAM, I am also a little bit skeptical. The AdA could be the only customer RAZBAM ever needs. If the AdA likes the work RAZBAM does and vice versa, I could see them going full time for them, its certainly a lot better then the toxic RAZBAM haters that roam these forums. I'm not saying they are ditching us tomorrow, but long term this could be a real possibility. For now, I am looking forward to this collaboration though. Lets see how things play out.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Whilest this is fantastic news for RAZBAM, I am also a little bit skeptical. The AdA could be the only customer RAZBAM ever needs. If the AdA likes the work RAZBAM does and vice versa, I could see them going full time for them, its certainly a lot better then the toxic RAZBAM haters that roam these forums. I'm not saying they are ditching us tomorrow, but long term this could be a real possibility. For now, I am looking forward to this collaboration though. Lets see how things play out.

I’m reading between the line here, so don’t quote me on that.

But the business model doesn’t seem to be AdA financing Razbam.

It’s rather to give them data to code what they want, and customers (us) to pay for it...which is rather win-win for both, and even us with more modern modules.

Mirage fanatic !

I’m reading between the line here, so don’t quote me on that.

But the business model doesn’t seem to be AdA financing Razbam.

It’s rather to give them data to code what they want, and customers (us) to pay for it...which is rather win-win for both, and even us with more modern modules.

I see, havent thought about that. Seems pretty plausible. I guess we will never really get to know the ins and outs of the deal, but neither should we. Anyway, excited for now :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I would love to see a M2000-5.

However, its Razbam.

Three modules out, none finished, all bugged over.

Very bad bug / community management.

Announced 15 other modules and one map.

Completely stopped the developement of a in advance paid module to develop another module in the meantime.

So I guess, I need to keep my expectations low.

In terms of release date, as also in terms of quality.

Razbam won't see a cent from me if they won't change.

Still hopeing that I'm wrong.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Yes... some of what you wrote is true.

But they demonstrated to have learnt their lessons and they have improved then.

They hired a community manager, they hired new coders, they are updating all their modules to newer standards.

We have a few 3d party in DCS we should be more easy on them. Doing an hifi module is not an easy task.

TLDR Razbam made mistakes, but they are improving...so I think they deserve our trust.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

And the news coming from a military project, no a entretainment project, and as ED in the past, a military / professional project always has more priority with any other module.

Of course, a map build by a maping team with has none to do with any plane module and in progress by some years ago.

Yes... some of what you wrote is true.

All is true, facts, not personal feeling.

But they demonstrated to have learnt their lessons and they have improved then.

They started with it. I would not yet sign that.

They hired a community manager, they hired new coders, they are updating all their modules to newer standards.

Can you show me where the community manager "managed" anything here?

Bug reports are not even commented over months...

One new coder. Singular. Yes, his works seems to be very good.

I have yet nothing seen from that "update to newer standards".

We have a few 3d party in DCS we should be more easy on them.

Why? Are they not asking for my money?

Doing an hifi module is not an easy task.

No one forces them to do it.

And some shortcomings have never been a problem.

Only community management and how you treat your customers is a problem.

TLDR Razbam made mistakes, but they are improving...so I think they deserve our trust.

They made more then enough mistakes.

They have only improved yet a little bit.

Far, far away from trustworthy. However, this are personal opinions.

TLDR; As always, everyone has his own opinion.

And again: Razbam, please proove me wrong (as I always beg you)

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

All is true, facts, not personal feeling.

They started with it. I would not yet sign that.

Can you show me where the community manager "managed" anything here?

Bug reports are not even commented over months...

One new coder. Singular. Yes, his works seems to be very good.

I have yet nothing seen from that "update to newer standards".

Why? Are they not asking for my money?

No one forces them to do it.

And some shortcomings have never been a problem.

Only community management and how you treat your customers is a problem.

They made more then enough mistakes.

They have only improved yet a little bit.

Far, far away from trustworthy. However, this are personal opinions.

TLDR; As always, everyone has his own opinion.

And again: Razbam, please proove me wrong (as I always beg you)

As always with you, you don't acknowledge updates and improvements :(

Mirage fanatic !

As always with you, you seem like a fanboi to me ;).

However, we both may love the Mirage, but will have never the same opinion on Razbam and how they work. But its still good that everyone has its own :).

So we know both that a discussion between us may lead to nothig. It seems like we would need to fly together first ;).

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube