M2000 INS initial coordinates

Lynx_132a1

Hi,

When i start in a server with Mirage and after turning engines on before INS alignment i check the initial coordinates by switching L\L on PCN and switching VEI on PSM but the initial coordinates are not the same as i see on F-10 map. I have L\L Decimal selected as map coordinate type but it is not the same coordinates on PCN. I know how to change initial coordinates on PCN but i cant seem to find the exact longitude of my plane. I tried to zoom as much as i can on my player icon on map and tried clicking on my icon ( which makes it yellow) but the coordinates are allways different and i can't find the Longitude of my aircraft. So are the coordinates on top left are my coordinates or the coordinates i see at left down corner of the (the chart) map when i press on my player icon right? and also how can i see my longitude on left down corner where it shows a chart that tells the speed-direction-alt of the units icon i pressed on?

Sorry if the post is under wrong topic new here.

Lynx.

Just some more info...

Starting coordinates are slightly off by design, within 10 km of your real position. You often don't need more precision for this, especially for air-to-air missions.

Coordinates at the top left of the map screen are for the mouse cursor, you'll see them changing as you move the mouse around. This makes it easy to get the coordinates for any location on the map.

The longitude being cut off from the info panel on the map view is annoying, yep, been like that for quite some time. You can just put the mouse over your aircraft position and read the coordinates from the top left. Or, use the info bar in the external view if they're enabled, as Rlaxoxo suggests.

Also, if you're regularly starting from the same few positions, you can have a cheat-sheet with those coordinates. This is probably closer to real-life procedures where they'd have the parking spot coordinates for their aircraft. Hopefully mission designers will consider adding this information to the briefing.

Another strategy is to taxi to a specific spot at the airbase with known coordinates, park there for a moment and then update your aircraft position. This should result in slightly reduced accuracy than you'd get if you did a full alignment with the correct position, but I don't think it means a difference in the sim at the moment. The airport charts that come with the game have several positions marked on the map along with their coordinates, which you can use for this purpose.