[OUTDATED] Our roadmap

Prowler111

hello, i am a big fan of razbam, i bought lot of product for fs9/fsx or the add on of dcs, someone make the F-16A/F-16B ?, for complete the list with M2000 and Harrier, it is a very important actor of conflicts with the M2000 & Mirage F1 & Mirage 3. i look also for mig25/mig31, kr

Developing for DCS is not the same as developing for fsx. Here people are a lot more demanding and want DCS quality products. Razbam here has developed Mirage 2000c and Av-8b N/A, none of them is finished. M2000c is theoretically finished but still suffers bugs, Av-8b is still early access stage. F-16 is planned by ED (not Razbam) for the future, but nothing within two years to be optimistic.

Edited by nessuno0505

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, i am a big fan of razbam, i bought lot of product for fs9/fsx or the add on of dcs, someone make the F-16A/F-16B ?, for complete the list with M2000 and Harrier, it is a very important actor of conflicts with the M2000 & Mirage F1 & Mirage 3. i look also for mig25/mig31, kr

There is F16 variant that is planned for a future project, but it will be made by Eagle Dynamics & belsimtek partners not by Razbam .

However the Variant in question will not be an F16A/B but will be a F16C block 50.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3510482&postcount=1

Mirage F1 ( Spanish F1EE) is a WIP by aviodev, and MIrage 3 is future planned project for Razbam.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 4 months later...

I like the work RAZBAM does, what they can do of it, as such a small team.

To date, whether it's for FSX or for DCS, they've never really gotten "complete" with either their Harrier or other efforts (I have their GR7s as well for FSX, all good models, just partial systems).

I haven't gotten the Mirage for this reason, and only recently gave in on the AV8B, as it's got enough going for it to be well worth learning even in its unfinished state.

Other teams, like Belsimtek and Heatblur, for whatever reason, are able to attract more funds and more developers, no doubt, and do a good job of keeping their progress public here. I can count on both companies _finishing_ their efforts.

I can only hope for the same with a smaller team, and thus, my interest in their effort is lower, and I'm unwilling to purchase their modules until they're at completion, or near, or so compelling I'll accept the potentially unfinished state.

I know it's all very hard work, so I'm sympathetic; it's just reality.

ROG Maximus X, Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz , Nvidia 680Ti, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Lets hope that going forward they adopt a similar policy to the MiG-19P and release feature complete, or as close to feature complete as reasonable.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

F-86 has been out of EA for quite awhile and still is not really "finished". It is still my favorite module but is about as finished as the Harrier which I also enjoy a great deal. Much of the problem is that those things that are not implemented are not there because the DCS environment does not yet support it. Much new tech needed to be developed by RAZBAM that DCS World lacked.

Some of the unfinished systems in the Saber are already in DCS, like a working fire detection system, an accurate gun sight and the ability to communicate with JTAC, but have not been implemented or were and have been broken since DCS 1.X. So I don't feel that RAZBAM is doing badly, in fact I feel they are raising the bar.

I too desire complete and bug free modules, but are you sure you are judging RAZBAM by the same standard as ED, Heatblur and Belsimtek? Name a feature complete module from ED. The Spitfire? Nope, two years to get bombs and drop tanks... Since July it has had cockpit reflection when the canopy is open where it used to be. Five months you couldn't see out of the front windshield. Were they working on it all this time? No, they abandoned it to devote all efforts to the Hornet. Was the Hornet released feature complete? No. Is it completed yet? No, they're working on systems that they need to develop new tech for that doesn't exist yet in DCS World, the same things the Harrier is dependent on. Will they jump back and finish the Spitfire anytime soon? I doubt it, they need to fix a bunch of problems with the technology for the Stennis to work, the same stuff the Tarawa is waiting for.

I hope that people will refrain from making disparaging remarks and innuendo about a product that has not been released yet, otherwise I fear the naysayers will drive RAZBAM away from DCS.

End rant

Well said, Rob! I can recall being in despair for awhile that the Mi-8 would make any progress from Beta, but it has, so yes, all the developers have these cycles of effort needing prioritization and balance, I'm sure.

I certainly look forward to the MiG-19 (I'm a MiG fan; I'd love to see a MiG-23!).

I will remain hopeful RAZBAM will keep addressing the AV8B incrementally alongside their other work; it's certainly great to fly as is already. :)

Edited by realtrance

ROG Maximus X, Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz , Nvidia 680Ti, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

F-86 has been out of EA for quite awhile and still is not really "finished". It is still my favorite module but is about as finished as the Harrier which I also enjoy a great deal. Much of the problem is that those things that are not implemented are not there because the DCS environment does not yet support it. Much new tech needed to be developed by RAZBAM that DCS World lacked.

Some of the unfinished systems in the Saber are already in DCS, like a working fire detection system, an accurate gun sight and the ability to communicate with JTAC, but have not been implemented or were and have been broken since DCS 1.X. So I don't feel that RAZBAM is doing badly, in fact I feel they are raising the bar.

I too desire complete and bug free modules, but are you sure you are judging RAZBAM by the same standard as ED, Heatblur and Belsimtek? Name a feature complete module from ED. The Spitfire? Nope, two years to get bombs and drop tanks... Since July it has had cockpit reflection when the canopy is open where it used to be. Five months you couldn't see out of the front windshield. Were they working on it all this time? No, they abandoned it to devote all efforts to the Hornet. Was the Hornet released feature complete? No. Is it completed yet? No, they're working on systems that they need to develop new tech for that doesn't exist yet in DCS World, the same things the Harrier is dependent on. Will they jump back and finish the Spitfire anytime soon? I doubt it, they need to fix a bunch of problems with the technology for the Stennis to work, the same stuff the Tarawa is waiting for.

I hope that people will refrain from making disparaging remarks and innuendo about a product that has not been released yet, otherwise I fear the naysayers will drive RAZBAM away from DCS.

End rant

You would deserve rep' poi tshirt for that :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I too desire complete and bug free modules, but are you sure you are judging RAZBAM by the same standard as ED, Heatblur and Belsimtek? Name a feature complete module from ED.

The A-10C Thunderbolt II is complete and I really enjoy it. I'm just getting into the Harrier and the bugs and incompleteness is disconcerting.

I'm relatively new to DCS and it has been an education to discover that you pay out money for incomplete products that may not be finished for years, if at all. It has taken some getting used to. For example, I've pre-ordered the F-14A/B from Heatblur, but I won't actually use it for a long time to come. I spent the money so that the company knows that I support the product but, in all likelihood, I won't have a fully useable product for a while. I have the F/A-18C as well and have not flown it at all because I want to fly and learn the finished product.

I don't think it's out of line for customers to ask the company from which they purchased a product to please finish that product in a timely manner. It is likely that I missed something in a long conversation but I don't understand the rant.

Edited by Phil73805

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

The A-10C Thunderbolt II is complete and I really enjoy it. I'm just getting into the Harrier and the bugs and incompleteness is disconcerting.

I'm relatively new to DCS and it has been an education to discover that you pay out money for incomplete products that may not be finished for years, if at all. It has taken some getting used to. For example, I've pre-ordered the F-14A/B from Heatblur, but I won't actually use it for a long time to come. I spent the money so that the company knows that I support the product but, in all likelihood, I won't have a fully useable product for a while. I have the F/A-18C as well and have not flown it at all because I want to fly and learn the finished product.

I don't think it's out of line for customers to ask the company from which they purchased a product to please finish that product in a timely manner. It is likely that I missed something in a long conversation but I don't understand the rant.

A-10C was released what? 10 years ago? and has had a lot of development to get where it is and it was revolutionary at the time of release. It is now looking a little long in the tooth when compared with some of the new modules, though overall it has held up well. It certainly was not anywhere near bug free or complete on release, in fact it took five or six years to release the map that was promised with it.

So the rant is about people throwing stones over a module not being finished that has not even been released yet.

So the rant is about people throwing stones over a module not being finished that has not even been released yet.

I thought it was about the list of bugs of the A-10 and Ka-50 that has been growing steadily over the years and to show that even the oldest modules aren't working as they should

To date, whether it's for FSX or for DCS, they've never really gotten "complete" with either their Harrier or other efforts (I have their GR7s as well for FSX, all good models, just partial systems).

A lot of people here weren’t around back then but RAZBAM earned something of a reputation for abandoning half baked (being generous) projects on another platform. The original Harrier specifically burned a lot of bridges with that community.

That’s why they haven’t and won’t get a dime from me on DCS until they actually finish something. I occasionally check these forums specifically for that reason and from the looks of it my wallet is safe.

I thought it was about the list of bugs of the A-10 and Ka-50 that has been growing steadily over the years and to show that even the oldest modules aren't working as they should

I left DCS because of frustration with the lack of development and long list of unaddressed bugs compounded with getting sick and tired of flying around in Caucuses. Six years later and yeah there are a couple more maps. But many of the exact same core bugs exist, every single aircraft is either in eternal incomplete ‘early access’, or is unmaintained and functionally abandoned (no, they swear it’s being worked on!!) and there’s now an unfocused incoherent splintering into wwii, semi-modern military, and civilian branches.

What ED does well, they do better than everyone else, but there is so much BS, broken promises, and bugs that it pretty quickly doesn’t become worth it to me. Sorry for the rant here. We’ll see what 2019 brings I guess.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A lot of people here weren’t around back then but RAZBAM earned something of a reputation for abandoning half baked (being generous) projects on another platform. The original Harrier specifically burned a lot of bridges with that community.

That’s why they haven’t and won’t get a dime from me on DCS until they actually finish something. I occasionally check these forums specifically for that reason and from the looks of it my wallet is safe.

I left DCS because of frustration with the lack of development and long list of unaddressed bugs compounded with getting sick and tired of flying around in Caucuses. Six years later and yeah there are a couple more maps. But many of the exact same core bugs exist, every single aircraft is either in eternal incomplete ‘early access’, or is unmaintained and functionally abandoned (no, they swear it’s being worked on!!) and there’s now an unfocused incoherent splintering into wwii, semi-modern military, and civilian branches.

What ED does well, they do better than everyone else, but there is so much BS, broken promises, and bugs that it pretty quickly doesn’t become worth it to me. Sorry for the rant here. We’ll see what 2019 brings I guess.

True statement

Actually that makes a lot of sense, thanks for clarifying. Not really appropriate to start whining before the module has been released :D

Having said that, I wish they’d finish the Harrier.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

RAZBAM DCS and old RAZBAM FSX (which was two guys, part-time) is like night and day.

I'm satisfied with everything they -- and DCS are doing. It's all an immense undertaking, and the results have been spectacular.

I think that given complexity of today's bar in aircraft simulation, I think we won't see any bug-free feature complete simulated aircraft anywhere soon. I do not see any module in DCS stable, which would be much better than Mirage 2000, even A-10C has a fair share of its problems (like something as fundamental as cockpit lights does not work, making it nearly impossible to fly at night, formation lights, CCIP mode problems, etc.). Even simple FC3 aircraft have a lot of really long standing bugs, which have been there for more than 5 years (CCRP problem with Su-25A, autopilot in Su-25T, texture bugs, etc. etc. etc.). Viggen is still getting a lot of substantial fixes, F-14 will be no different. Simulating these complex systems is often as difficult as designing/reverse engineering them and we need to be tolerant here and expect bugs/problems/missing features and I've learned to enjoy what I have. You would be surprised that also real aircraft are full of "bugs" and systems problems which take years to solve and some even remain unresolved as far as my experience goes in aircraft industry and avionic (AFCS) systems. I also applaud RAZBAM for what it is doing and I hope they will continue to bring us some more interesting (eastern) aircraft like Mig-23ML and I will support them as much as I can in order to keep our niche high fidelity sim market alive and diverse.

Edited by Dr_Arrow

• 3 weeks later...

so where does the Razbam F15E fit since its not on the roadmap?

theyve been showing off new HD textures of 3d modelling aspects of the F15E within the past few months.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD