Have two DCS versions stand alone 1.5 and 2.0 and just bought a module through Steam.

Czar66

[sOLVED] - From DCSMirage steam release onward steam and e-shop are totally separated.

I've been in stand alone since forever and never had to bother with steam.

I noted that steam purchased modules can work on e-shop versions on DCS via copying the keys and what not.

Last night I jumped the gun and purchased the Mirage 2000 through steam as I was waiting for very long to have.

There's a small note on the DCS: Mirage on discussions that I have not read before this morning ofc:

Please note that the DCS: M-2000C, and all future DCS World DLC releases on Steam, will now use Steam Keys instead of Starforce keys. As such, these purchases cannot be activated on the DCS World e-Shop version. "

So I'll need to have 3 DCS versions on my computer and currently not be able to fly the Mirage over Nevada, or having only steam version to be with all my modules?

I knew on the STEAM > E-SHOP (OK), E-SHOP > STEAM (NOT OK) but not: "this module won't have a key anymore" thing.

Edited by Czar66

You can return it on Steam for a refund .-- and then re-purchase it on ED

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

And I thought the first key changing policy was the last, so I had no time on reading steam texts observation as they are mostly marketing and not useful information like this.

I'm very fond of ED, I've been using their products since Lock On. The fault is on my end.

I'll probably buy the mirage twice. I can't take the software serious being on steam; later updates, unable to chose not to update etc...

You might use those "Steam wallet money" (I'm not familiar with them) on some future non-DCS purchases I suppose? So not everything is lost.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You might use those "Steam wallet money" (I'm not familiar with them) on some future non-DCS purchases I suppose? So not everything is lost.

;) thanks Art-J. I'm currently still thinking about it. More than 1 year of waiting to fly this baby doesn't make my mind so clear. I'll take it easy on that decision.

;) thanks Art-J. I'm currently still thinking about it. More than 1 year of waiting to fly this baby doesn't make my mind so clear. I'll take it easy on that decision.

Oi Czar66 I have one spare key and don't mind give it to you bro. This is for free.

I want to give one Mc 200 key for free and find this information.

Sharing and trading of modules is a violation of the EULA and is not longer possible.

Even if I give for free is against the rules?

M2000c is a beautiful modules and I m sorry for some people, like to have and found some obstacle.

Edited by JetBLASTER
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Oi Czar66 I have one spare key and don't mind give it to you bro. This is for free.

I want to give one Mc 200 key for free and find this information.

Sharing and trading of modules is a violation of the EULA and is not longer possible.

Even if I give for free is against the rules?

M2000c is a beautiful modules and I m sorry for some people, like to have and found some obstacle.

I can't find words to describe how kind you are. I would be incredibly thankful if that's even possible.

If it's not rent or trading it's not against the rules, I think...

Edited by Czar66

I'll probably buy the mirage twice. I can't take the software serious being on steam; later updates, unable to chose not to update etc...

:thumbup: More money to Razbam so they can hire more staff and get the MiG-19 and Mirage III to us sooner

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to take the plunge towards the Mirage to take advantage of 40% off sale. Now I'll wait for the DCS sale.

Thanks again and enjoy the gift from JetBLASTER.