I'm Afraid To Buy The FW 190 Dora

BuzzU

I'm afraid i'm going to really like it and want to fly it all the time. I have this thing about not wanting to shoot American pilots.

Maybe I could just shoot their wings off so they can bail out. :)

Buzz

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid i'm going to really like it and want to fly it all the time. I have this thing about not wanting to shoot American pilots.

don't worry, you'll encounter more brits than americans

Consider yourself lucky if you can even get the thing off the ground much less fly.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I might wobble at first, but i'll get it off the ground. Keeping it off the ground is the trick. :)

exactly! but you'll get that squared away! great plane. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I just read it's manual and watched some videos. I'm tempted.

Wish it would go on sale. I'd have to buy Normandy too.

It is on sale right now. 40% off on Steam. Buy it there, move key to stand alone. $29.99. On sale till the 8th.

To be honest......I hate Steam and won't install it anymore.

How would that work anyway? Wouldn't I need a Steam install for a module download to work? I know it says Steam incompatible for the Dora download from ED. I guess it doesn't work the other way?

I'd prefer to buy from Ed even if I have to pay more. I've gotten stubborn in my old age. Even when it works against me.

Thanks for suggesting it.

Buzz

You do need to have DCS installed through Steam, but once you buy a module on Steam, you can activate it on your standalone install, you don't have to play through Steam, although you have some HDD space used up. As you say, it doesn't work the other way round though.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

To be honest......I hate Steam and won't install it anymore.

How would that work anyway? Wouldn't I need a Steam install for a module download to work? I know it says Steam incompatible for the Dora download from ED. I guess it doesn't work the other way?

I'd prefer to buy from Ed even if I have to pay more. I've gotten stubborn in my old age. Even when it works against me.

Thanks for suggesting it.

I understand. Not everyone is a Steam fan. But, no, you buy the module there, they give you the key. You just use that key to dl and activate the module from stand alone. Your money certainly to spend as you see fit. But, ED still gets money from the deal. You just save your pocketbook which is never not smart to do. More to apply towards the Normandy map/pack purchase as well then.

You do need to have DCS installed through Steam, but once you buy a module on Steam, you can activate it on your standalone install, you don't have to play through Steam, although you have some HDD space used up. As you say, it doesn't work the other way round though.

You don't actually need to install DCS World or any module on steam. You can get the key straight from your library and activate it on your standalone account.

741194576_SteamCDKeys.PNG.357b615c76226ebf99c383c0e46935de.PNG

You don't actually need to install DCS World or any module on steam. You can get the key straight from your library and activate it on your standalone account.

Except, IIRC, you cannot purchase a DLC if you don't have the base product in your library. You can't have it in your library if you have not, at least, started the download at some point.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It is on sale right now. 40% off on Steam. Buy it there, move key to stand alone. $29.99. On sale till the 8th.

Alternatively, if you've bought stuff through ED's store previously, you can apply the bonus dollars if you have any on your account.

Sure, there's not an extra sale on, but I've just checked can you can get $15.00 off it that way, down to $34.99.

Except, IIRC, you cannot purchase a DLC if you don't have the base product in your library. You can't have it in your library if you have not, at least, started the download at some point.

Good point. So you will have to start the DCS World download to add it to your library but can then delete the local content to save on disc space.

Alternatively, if you've bought stuff through ED's store previously, you can apply the bonus dollars if you have any on your account.

Sure, there's not an extra sale on, but I've just checked can you can get $15.00 off it that way, down to $34.99.

I only have $6.00 in bonus, but it all helps. I only have so much extra to spend from each SS check. I get the check tomorrow and was planning on getting an extension for the Warthog and maybe some brackets to mount it to my desk. I suppose that can wait until next month.

Buzz

You won't be shooting American anything. It's all a computer images created by Russian people.

Plus....if you are really that freaked out about it, you can set the 190 as an american plane and make the P-51 a Russian plane.

I fly the 109 all of the time against the P-51. I never look at it like I am a real German pilot shooting down a real American pilot. It's just an object in a game. Flying different planes against other planes that you are familiar with is a lot of fun.

No one here that I know of is shooting anything in anger or with malice. If that were the case, then I would probably worry a little bit.

It's all sport and we all are going home at the end of the day safe and happy. :doh:

You need to watch some Youtube videos of DCS dogfights from German pilots and listen to what they say when they shoot a P-51 down. I don't blame them at all.

So, I don't think i'm alone in my feelings. Even if I was, i'd still have the same feelings.

We all get out of DCS what pleases us. I like to immerse myself in it and imagine i'm a real pilot in the war. I can't be picky about wanting the planes, weapons, and terrain accurate without doing the rest too.

My dad is a WW2 hero with a box full of medals. He's gone now, but I feel he's still with me. He's never seen a computer sim, but if he did and saw me fighting for another country he'd knock me out and being a pro boxer he would have too. Virtual or not.

I'm glad you brought it up. You got me back on track. I won't be buying the Dora. You just saved me some money.

I know some of you or maybe all of you are laughing at this, but you know what Popeye used to say.......I yam what I yam and that's what I yam.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

You need to watch some Youtube videos of DCS dogfights from German pilots and listen to what they say when they shoot a P-51 down. I don't blame them at all.

So, I don't think i'm alone in my feelings. Even if I was, i'd still have the same feelings.

We all get out of DCS what pleases us. I like to immerse myself in it and imagine i'm a real pilot in the war. I can't be picky about wanting the planes, weapons, and terrain accurate without doing the rest too.

My dad is a WW2 hero with a box full of medals. He's gone now, but I feel he's still with me. He's never seen a computer sim, but if he did and saw me fighting for another country he'd knock me out and being a pro boxer he would have too. Virtual or not.

I'm glad you brought it up. You got me back on track. I won't be buying the Dora. You just saved me some money.

I know some of you or maybe all of you are laughing at this, but you know what Popeye used to say.......I yam what I yam and that's what I yam.

What I meant about shooting others down with malice and worrying about it was kind of implying that I personally don't do this. And that I would be a bit worried if I started to think this way. I would probably give up playing if that were the case. That's just not healthy in any way as far as I am concerned. I cannot speak for others or their attitude about it. I'm pretty sure I don't fly with anyone who carries that attitude.

But if what I said evoked some negative feelings, then it's probably best that you spend your money on something that won't make you feel the way you are feeling. So I guess I'm glad I was able to help you in some small way.

As far as you thinking people are laughing at you for your opinion on it. I wouldn't worry too much about that. :thumbup:

....but you know what Popeye used to say.......I yam what I yam and that's what I yam.

I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eat me spinach, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.... Toot, toot!" ;):thumbup:

Buddy - fly the way you wish. This is all our virtual world, so take it and enjoy it the way you wish! No mind what others think. You wanna fly Yank, go for it. :pilotfly::)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Actually, it is "dat's" instead "that's" and "eats" instead of "eat"

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Actually, it is "dat's" instead "that's" and "eats" instead of "eat"

:)

pretty cool, via the USS Theodore Roosevelt

popeye-3.jpg?dl=1

What I meant about shooting others down with malice and worrying about it was kind of implying that I personally don't do this. And that I would be a bit worried if I started to think this way. I would probably give up playing if that were the case. That's just not healthy in any way as far as I am concerned. I cannot speak for others or their attitude about it. I'm pretty sure I don't fly with anyone who carries that attitude.

But if what I said evoked some negative feelings, then it's probably best that you spend your money on something that won't make you feel the way you are feeling. So I guess I'm glad I was able to help you in some small way.

As far as you thinking people are laughing at you for your opinion on it. I wouldn't worry too much about that. :thumbup:

No, I have no negative feelings to what you said. We're all different and get out of DCS what we want.

I also have no malice against who I shoot down, or who shoots me down. I'm just fussy who it is. They're doing their job and i'm doing mine. If they get me first then they did their job better than me.

Buzz

Hey Buzzu,

just a thought from my end, i usualy fly those piston engines only for the fun of flying, in 99% of my flights my weapons are not even loaded.

Why do i say that? cause flying them is (for me) fun enough, and maybe if you like the idea you can enjoy some realy nicely done aircraft in the game :)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I agree that just flying the planes is fun. I did that a lot in IL2 because there were so many planes.

However, combat is also fun. ;)

You seem to have all the WW2 planes. Give me your opinion on them on how they fly etc. Which one do you like best?

Buzz