C-101 update

Vibora

I can't seem to find the chilean skin :(

But, did you select "Chile" as the country for the aircraft?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Great Module, a joy to fly

Thank you.

I could barely reach 350 knots in a dive, and with all the weapons the cruise speed is around 160 kts....

You must be doing something wrong. Even with an excess of 30% from max weight (130%) I can keep 250 kts in level flight at 7000 ft, and max speed read in the anemometer (500 kts) can be easily reached in a dive from that altitude.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Even with an excess of 30% from max weight (130%) I can keep 250 kts in level flight at 7000 ft, and max speed read in the anemometer (500 kts) can be easily reached in a dive from that altitude.
Confirmed. I get similar results. I have a question about the manual power reserve though. Is it just activated by putting the Normal / Crank switch in the crank position? When I do that, I see my power go up to 106% or so but I actually seem to consistently lose about 5 kts airspeed. Then when I put the switch back to normal, I gain about 5 kts airspeed. I can attach a track if you'd like.

can tou tell me how to steering engaged

i don' know how to turn left or right

many thanks

Aircraft has not nose wheel steering. Same as many other simple aircraft, you steer by applying brakes to left or right wheel (similar to L-39, Mig-21 etc). You can bind brakes for each wheel in controls menu and bind them to keyboard. Then you can use them as "arrow keys" on ground. Rudder becomes effective at speed over 60 knots.

Thank you SeaFox and you all guys for your feedbacks. We take them all into account for their possible implementation. We need first though to finish the most urgent parts that are still missing in this Open Beta.

I have more for you. This time as a 15 min video of my flight, where I got my C-101CC messed up "a bit". Because I do testing for living, I could not help it to not try few things out. Several issues (aka bugs) I found and you can see them all in the video.

As you are quite active here on forums, I'd suggest similar step Razbam did, and introduce public bug tracker (see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225069). It should be easier for you and other people to track bugs and avoid duplicate bug reports.

Now finally the vid (tested on Open Beta 2.5.4.25729):

mmg4uGOxBD8

Anyway 99.9% of what's been reported is known and it's because this is an Open Beta. But of course all the reports are welcome, some rare cases could refer to something I hadn't noticed and, mainly, they give me a feedback of what people expect or demand.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1) Videos and guides are lacking. There is documentation and videos where you can see how to do trillion steps that are not *needed*. Any guide only with necessary steps I was unable to find. Lucky enough the aircraft is not complex so I was able to get to the point I need by trial and error quite soon. I know this gets better in time, community will create such content. Chuck will make his guide in few months. So its not complaint towards AJ, just saying its not yet so easy for MP user to just download one "in a few steps" manual, start and play.

My recommendation is to keep the current startup training mission in all of its lengthy glory, but allow the user who wants to go through it again to spacebar through the commentary. Even better, allow a hotkey at the beginning of the training mission to abbreviate the commentary and simply hit the items in sequence.

4) Add possibility to use Sea Eagle in MP. Good solution could be "Mark Label" on F10 map as Heatblur is already using for their Viggen and will be using in the future (implemented also for Tomcat). I have strong feeling that due to limited air to ground capability (vulnerability to ground fire to be precise) the main role for CC in MP will be anti-ship task.

Excellent suggestion. Assigning a waypoint to the Sea Eagle on the ground will allow the tactical flexibility required in multiplayer without having the weapon exceed its real world capability with the C-101CC.

Alright, first thing's first. I LOVE this aircraft. The C101 blew my mind over the last few days (especially the CC). So nice job and a big thank you to AvioDev for exceeding my expectations, this has become my new favorite trainer/light attack plane and one of my fav modules period. With that said I have 2 questions, first is I can't seem to find a button for the mic/radio switch(s) in the controls menu, not sure if that's a known issue or not or if I just keep missing it. I dont use easy comms so being able to find and use a mic/radio switch is very important. Next is the ILS functionality, I know how an ILS works IRL and in different aircraft, however I can't seem to get the ILS to come up in the C101CC. Is there a switch to move the nav radio over to ILS? I am able to use it with a VOR using the Nav setting without any problem but simply changing the frequency to an ILS freq ofc doesn't work (leading me to believe there is indeed a mode switch somewhere). Help from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

Is there a switch to move the nav radio over to ILS? I am able to use it with a VOR using the Nav setting without any problem but simply changing the frequency to an ILS freq ofc doesn't work (leading me to believe there is indeed a mode switch somewhere). Help from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Not really sure, but I believe that it's necessary also to contact the Tower calling Inbound, so they activate the ILS .. also you need to approach from the proper direction, as with headwind the airfield may activate the ILS for the reciprocal runway (if any).

Here is a thread where Vibora showed me how to use the ILS properly, it may help you a bit:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218277

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hello I would like to know if the flight director of the C101 should operate as an autopilot or if it only indicates information to follow thanks to the bars of the ADI .Despite the lessons given in DCS and a reading of the plane documents I have a little difficulty to know how it works Thank you

Hello I would like to know if the flight director of the C101 should operate as an autopilot or if it only indicates information to follow thanks to the bars of the ADI .Despite the lessons given in DCS and a reading of the plane documents I have a little difficulty to know how it works Thank you
C-101 does not have an autopilot. The flight director, like you said, is a sophisticated guide, helping you intercept radials, keep a heading or provide ILS glideslope indication, but it won't control the plane.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello I would like to know if the flight director of the C101 should operate as an autopilot or if it only indicates information to follow thanks to the bars of the ADI

The FD is not an autopilot (probably it would not be appropiate for an aircraft meant for training), just gives a guide to follow on the ADI.

It is a pity that the Manual is not very clear on its use ... a few examples of use would have been really nice :) ... same for the ILS and VOR, a training aircraft really needs clearer procedures, not just the startup, take off, land.

It is a pity that the Manual is not very clear on its use ... a few examples of use would have been really nice :) ... same for the ILS and VOR, a training aircraft really needs clearer procedures, not just the startup, take off, land.

+1

Here's hope for some more in-depth training missions. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

There are really detailed and sophisticated training lessons about navigation included with the C-101. There's even a specific one on how to use the Flight Director and what it is.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the C-101 we follow a realistic approach to training methods of western world aviation, where the Flight Manual is descriptive, describing the aircraft systems and flight procedures. You get lessons on how to operate the aircraft in-flight, in a simulator or through CBT (Computer Based Training) methods. And this is what you get with the training lessons included in the module.

We do not explain the basics, the pilot is supposed to know them. The Flight Manual does not explain what a FD is, it just describes it (the system and procedures), the same way it doesn't explain what an ILS is, or it describes the electrical system but doesn't teach you electrotechnics, or it describes the flight controls but doesn't teach you aerodynamics or how to fly.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]