Batumi wrong heading numbers

Hi all,

I just noticed that the run way heading for Batumi are wrong. On the CDU the airfield info says the runways are 13 and 31. But I noticed that the heading bug wasnt lining up with the runway when the HSI is set to 130 deg. So after I landed I put the aircraft dead in line with the center of the runway and sure enough the heading bug is not in line. So I checked the charts and the charts say the runway headings are 12 and 30 not 13 and 31! It says that 13 and 31 are only rounded numbers, so refer to charts. So I referred to the charts to get a more accurate heading but found they were completely different.

I am new so if Im missing something here please enlighten me.

Im already struggling to land with ILS even after watching hours of youtube turorials, which are great but they dont go into enough detail.

Check the airfield charts on the kneeboard for the true heading, if I remember correctly heading on runway 13 is 119 or somewhere there, haven't checked the charts in awhile, it has to do with magnetic deviation or some such thing.

Catch the ILS beacon at about 2000ft AGL or so.

Check the airfield charts on the kneeboard for the true heading, if I remember correctly heading on runway 13 is 119 or somewhere there, haven't checked the charts in awhile, it has to do with magnetic deviation or some such thing.

Catch the ILS beacon at about 2000ft AGL or so.

Guys correct me if I do something wrong with the math but...

The real one is 13/31 with 126°/306° true heading. 13/31 is also painted on the runway. Variation for Batumi is 6.53 (though SkyVector say it's 5° East) which could result in rounded (because of 0.03) magnetic heading to be 119°/299° - which then could explain the confusion about the runways not being marked as 12/30 as also mentioned 119°.

EDIT: As a second thought the question is how the variation is modeled in DCS. Is it dynamic and matching the date setup in the mission editor or is it fixed per date that the map is generally developped for. As far as I recall it's fixed about 6 deg.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all