Can I purchase a module for Steam just to install it on standalone?

artmustel

With regards to keys here's the deal;

Steam > DCS ✓

DCS > Steam ✗

I believe you should be able to just buy the module on Steam and use it on Standalone. You can view the module key by clicking on the right side of Steam; "CD Key". Use DCS module manager (or using cmd prompt from DCS World/bin) to download the module then use your Steam key to activate it.

Edited by al531246

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

I mean exactly, can I do that without installing Steam DCS?

Yes, you purchase on Steam, dont need to download it, just take note of the serial key and then input that key on your personal account at Eagle Dynamic's Site. Next time you run DCS, go to the Module Manager and your new purchases will show up there.

I was looking at Steam 40% off sale, and thought it would be nice to add some plane but only if I don't need to install DCS from steam.

Go ahead, a lot of my aircrafts where purchased at Steam's sales :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful to check, for each individual purchase. With recent encouragement to use Steam DRM it is no longer possible to activate Steam bought keys in DCS standalone.

E.g. Mirage 2000C on Steam.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Is it still possible now to buy a older module (like the Gazelle) on steam an activate in here ?

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

Is it still possible now to buy a older module (like the Gazelle) on steam an activate in here ?

Yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Are you sure? I thought old purchases would still work but new ones won't.

Yes.

The Gazelle has been on Steam for a while, so the answer is yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This does not work unless you have the steam version on your computer. You can no longer see the key until after it is installed on your computer and that only happens through the Steam version of the game.

Are you sure? ... I dont have the Steam version of DCS installed, but I can see the keys of all my purchased DLCs:

Steam%20DCs%20Keys.png

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Note the part about "starting with the Mirage 2000C and all future releases", not the "already released" ones, at least currently... You never know, what Valve decides next.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This does not work unless you have the steam version on your computer. You can no longer see the key until after it is installed on your computer and that only happens through the Steam version of the game.

only needs to be in your library.

You can stop the download and delete local content and still see your licenses.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 year later...

Yes, I have the M2000 myself and I do not get the serial number, that is to say that in order to not have two accounts, I bought the mirage because I stay in steam, basically because it would be uncomfortable for me to have a certain number of modules in an account (ED) and a certain number of modules in another account, that is if I want to fly with the mirage I will have to launch STEAM, if I wanted to fly with another plane I will have to launch the independent one, and it is uncomfortable, (I do not say it to bad) simply that I would like the steam version, basically because I bought the mirage 2000 in steam and since it can not be activated in (ED) and I like to have it all in one

I honestly do not know which version is better, but I think both are the same

P.D: I hope that offers with discounts in modules also apply to STEAM

Edited by Raytheon

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

P.D: I hope that offers with discounts in modules also apply to STEAM

Standalone and steam versions receive discounts and sale periods but are separate. As far as i could see ED tries to keep them fairly close so for example while we have lunar sale on standalone, there's a high chance for dcs sale on steam starting tomorrow (there's gonna be lunar sale too). You can buy modules on steam and use them in standalone version