Landing Light in Cockpit

jeffdude

As the title says, the landing light illuminates the whole cockpit, while it all stays very dark without the landing light on. It's almost as if the light was originating from the pilots face.

Version 2 Alpha latest released build

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same issue, but I think the Viggen`s 3D model will generally need some love for 2.1.

I have just added a few screenshots, hope you don`t mind me hijacking the thread.

The landing light bug:

XGKHlxu.png

For a comparison with landing light off:

GrLzJuo.png

Weird intake glare:

xvmTKqp.png

UV1IIUV.png

SPAK and AP lights bug:

wjT7CMa.png

These are all I was able to find.

Edited by Emilio_Ger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm, and I have shadows on Low (deferred shading), Cockpit Global Illumination Off.

But not only the Viggens landing lights. I had a mate in a Mirage behind me yesterday, on the runway after sun down, who had his landing lights on, and the Mirage landing lights illuminated the Viggen cockpit too.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Here is a shot showing cockpit being illuminated by the Viggens own Landing Lights.

Deferred Shading, Shadows on Low, Cockpit Global Illumination On.

For comparison with landing lights off, taken within the same minute:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3300941&postcount=2

Screen_171125_154346.thumb.jpg.7b2a372526f238716cf5d3a5d264ef0d.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 3 weeks later...
Still not fixed in 2.2, any news on this? It really makes realistic night ops impossible.

I don't mean to be negative here, but the lighting is so bad that I can't play it. If a mission is running near "noon" I can't see the HUD in most cases. The flare on the RB05 is tough to see at best. The controls are all dark even though outside the pit, it's glaring bright. I've tried to lower the gama setting all the way to "1.0" but it still is off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a really annoying bug... I planned out a nice elaborate mission with the Viggen which started pre-dawn only to find out that I basically have no taxi-landing lights due to the cockpit being illuminated...

I wish they'd hurry up with this update. A single, dumb bug ruined all missions in the Viggen after 8pm...