Christen Eagle 2..... Good or Bad idea?

MrSloanes

I would rather the development time be spent on a military aircraft. I can, and do fly all the civilian aircraft I want on X-Plane. This won't be a buy for me as much as I want to support the developers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 1 month later...

DCS...

digital COMBAT simulator....

COMBAT... If ya wanna fly planes like this go in XP11, FSX 10 or P3D...

This is meant to be military stuff.... as far as I am concerned if developers wanna do planes for DCS it should be ALL military....

I'd rather have a Extra 330sc or possibly a Zivko Edge 540 than a biplane. Seems like a monoplane would be a better "trainer" for DCS jets than a bipe.

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

Doesn't matter what you think, or come to that anyone else who wants to chip in with negative comments. It's coming, end of story. Buy it, don't buy it, that's entirely up to you, but why do you have to tell the world your views when they are utterly irrelevant in the big scheme of things?

FWIW, by far the biggest online community is the formation flying set. They'll be very pleased to get hold of the Christen Eagle 2. Maybe you need to do a little market research before jumping in with your comments.

Doesn't matter what you think, or come to that anyone else who wants to chip in with negative comments. It's coming, end of story. Buy it, don't buy it, that's entirely up to you, but why do you have to tell the world your views when they are utterly irrelevant in the big scheme of things?

FWIW, by far the biggest online community is the formation flying set. They'll be very pleased to get hold of the Christen Eagle 2. Maybe you need to do a little market research before jumping in with your comments.

Welcome to DCS, where the scenarios are made up and the kids are old enough to vote!

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I probably won’t buy it. Don’t disagree with it at all though, i think it’s excellent to have all types in DCS. I’m sure there will be a mod that puts a machine gun on the top wing anyways so would that then be classified as a Combat aircraft and keep the naysayers happy? What about flying around in my Harrier or Mirage without weapons, just sightseeing? Will that also not be allowed by disgruntled people? Just saying?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |