[CANT REPRODUCE] save / save as - DCS "forgets" currentdirectory

SDsc0rch

DCS used to "remember" where your current file is saved

now we have to navigate from the top level directory and drill-down to your preferred folder

for those of us with directory structures, this is laborious (and a little annoying)

as i said, this used to not be an issue in DCS - it automatically remembered where your mission file was saved and all you had to was click SAVE

(( note - what i do is keep "versions" - i'll rename a file after i make changes - that way if i really screw it up i can go back and start over ))

could someone at ED please fix this??

thanks!

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I know this is old, but sometimes people search for these things. You must now use the checkbox for "Folder Browser" to enable the old behavior.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I know this is old, but sometimes people search for these things. You must now use the checkbox for "Folder Browser" to enable the old behavior.

oh!

was not aware that that option existed ---- looking for it...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[CANT REPRODUCE] save / save as - DCS "forgets" currentdirectory

referencing this post that was just (mistakenly) closed...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3965552#post3965552

when in Mission Editor and i navigate to a folder, subsequent returns to that folder (ie.. "SAVE AS" or simply open another mission) the "focus" returns to the top level directory

instead of the current working folder

the person who responded said to check the "folder behavior" box and i thanked him for the suggestion without trying it first

i checked the box but that is not restoring the functionality i am describing - that just displays or hides the folder structure to the left of the folder window

i would like DCS to "remember" the current working folder instead of have to navigate back down through nested folders

this is standard windows user interface behavior that we are used to and expect

thanks guys : )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WHAT

well.. what the heck is wrong with MY system??

how do i get it back to the way it was??

((i'm on open beta - if that makes a difference))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm having the exact same issue. I've been having it since 2.5.4, but I don't recall which patch specifically introduced it. It's maddening to save your file only to "lose" it because the system doesn't remember your current working folder like it used to the last five years.

WHAT

well.. what the heck is wrong with MY system??

how do i get it back to the way it was??

((i'm on open beta - if that makes a difference))

It's not only your system.

something definitely changed in the last months. When the folders are on it is not much of a big deal for me. but it once was different, like you described. In those days the working folder of the last DCS session was remembered.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

wait a minute.

just checked again, and it seems nine line is right. it now works (again) like I used to remeber it before. like I said it never was a big deal anyway, just one click more. but today I was directed to the last working folder in both terms of saving and loading.

for Pete's sake... me too!

did we have to uncheck the box then check it again (because I did that)??

or what

because, swear to God, this functionality has been broken for MONTHS for me

???

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

i would just like it the system to REMEMBER where i was last - its like i have to start all the way over from the root directory ----- this kinda sucks : /

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]