What's actually in this module?

spiddx

I really like to know what exactly I'm buying before spending money and the e-shop page is a bit too vague for my liking.

Will we get A/G munitions? I know bombs and rockets are mentioned in the aircraft description, but will they also be included in the module? There's nothing about that in the feature list.

What about the F-8? Is it still a thing? Will it be included in this module or a seperate purchase?

I can totally understand if this stuff isn't ready for EA release, but will we get it eventually?

Thanks.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

for me looks clear

if fw190 A8 was able to carry any A/G weapons it will be able in dcs too

5RCZkAb.png

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

for me looks clear

if fw190 A8 was able to carry any A/G weapons it will be able in dcs too

5RCZkAb.png

No where on the store page does it say it will carry those weapons in game. Don’t make same mistake as the bf109k :thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

I really like to know what exactly I'm buying before spending money and the e-shop page is a bit too vague for my liking.

Will we get A/G munitions? I know bombs and rockets are mentioned in the aircraft description, but will they also be included in the module? There's nothing about that in the feature list.

What about the F-8? Is it still a thing? Will it be included in this module or a seperate purchase?

I can totally understand if this stuff isn't ready for EA release, but will we get it eventually?

Thanks.

I agree... it is rather vague. The use of "included", rather than "includes" and "could" rather than "does" suggests that the product description is more a discourse on the historical aircraft, not the DCS module.

Additionally, the product page states:

The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations.
Ref: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/anton/

And yet, Yo-Yo from the ED team stated:

The current plane will not have C3 injection.

UPD: The ability to add 1.58/1.65 is added to the engine already, but for this modification it is disabled due to the variant modelled.

Maybe this is only for the A-8, and the F-8 will be different. Not sure.

On that note, I've no idea about the F-8 variant at this stage. It was certainly being discussed at one point by ED, but it is not clear if this will be a separate module or not.

That all said, I have no doubt that the A-8 module will be superb, but if you are specifically after air-to-ground weapons, I'd suggest waiting until either the module is out and there are user reviews, or ED clarify what their module will actually contain.

I noticed in the trailer that the 21cm rockets control unit is not here - there is a slick plate.

[ATTACH]210506[/ATTACH]

in description there is sntence that anton can take bombs and rockets.

i doubt that this will be funcional in early access release version.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

No where on the store page does it say it will carry those weapons in game. Don’t make same mistake as the bf109k :thumbup:
What happens with Bf109K4? It does feature what that specific model should.

With regard of the Fw190A-8,

Detailed modelling the Fw 190 A-8 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems.
Yeah, detailed model is not a clear statement, but that might depend on what you long for. A rarely used, or projected but never seen operationally weapon won't be seen, definitely no. But actually we already have bombs and rockets in D9, for instance, why not in A-8.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Thanks.

I see a problem here. You are confusing rockets with an A/G weapon. I mean, they're rockets so you can fire them at whatever you want to, but they are 21cm mortars meant to be shot at big bombers formations with a time fuse. I'm sure we'll get them at some point if not at release, but Germans did not use "rockets" in the way allied did.

F-8 should have a wider A/G weaponry, meaning mostly 4xSC50 bombs in wing racks for instance, and up to an special 1000Kg bomb without the lower fin in the centre rack IIRC. If nothing changes it will later come with the A-8, together.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Sort of... the rockets are rather bugged though. (REF1, REF2, REF3)

That, and the fact the screenshots show a blank panel on the weapons control, means I suspect we will not see rockets on the A-8 / F-8.

there is long list of buged things from WW2 theater in dcs

I see a problem here. You are confusing rockets with an A/G weapon. I mean, they're rockets so you can fire them at whatever you want to, but they are 21cm mortars meant to be shot at big bombers formations with a time fuse. I'm sure we'll get them at some point if not at release, but Germans did not use "rockets" in the way allied did.

F-8 should have a wider A/G weaponry, meaning mostly 4xSC50 bombs in wing racks for instance, and up to an special 1000Kg bomb without the lower fin in the centre rack IIRC. If nothing changes it will later come with the A-8, together.

S!

At the End of the War the 190F use Panzerblitz II/III Rockets, dedicated Ground Attack Rockets derived from the R4M Rockets, with HEAT Warhead

to stop the massive Russian Tank Numbers. (more less only Tactical Trails)

The most Rockets never reach the Front, even there where in large Numbers in Stock Pile.

As contra the allied use high Explosives Warhead, was not that succesfull for Tank Hunting, but had massvie Impact on the German Supply Lines.

But think also they mean WrfGr.21 with Rockets, but dont know what they have in Mind.

Panzerblitz I was the Panzerschreck (Infantrie Bazooka), mounted under the Wings in Bundels 4-6 Pipes, but was not realy successfull.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

... wait for the release of the module!

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

I hope we will finally get AB 250 and AB 500 cluster bombs. One of the most important weapons of the german ground attack arm in the later half of the war.

Yes - me as well. My uncle was bombed by these cluster munitions in Italy during WWII. He was Canadian Army field engineer. He said that they would be bombed at night with cluster munitions.

Sort of... the rockets are rather bugged though. (REF1, REF2, REF3)

That, and the fact the screenshots show a blank panel on the weapons control, means I suspect we will not see rockets on the A-8 / F-8.

Or maybe that panel will only show up if you select them as loadout, like in the Tomcat with the Lantirn pod.

vCVW-17 / VF-74

All in all for me it is somewhat unclear what we get here in regards of specific equipment (Rüstsätze), armament, engine specifikation and variants (A8+F8?). Because of this i will wait until release, and perhaps reviews of others.

I wish there is more detailed and clear information that is given by the developers!

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

7,62mm?

I thought the MGs were actually 13mm ones on the A-8. Am I mistaken or were both armaments available?

=MoAu= Mors Audente - The Bold Death Squadron

'Hey Jeff, the plane feels a little off today...'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'The crew probably messed with it again, just trim it and we will check when we get back'

I find it disturbing that no mention is made on ED's store page, about its missions .. is there training missions? a campaign? .. it's one of the reasons why I havent yet purchased it :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I wouldn't expect anything more than other DCS WWII aircraft, so a set of training missions and maybe couple challenges.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I find it disturbing that no mention is made on ED's store page, about its missions .. is there training missions? a campaign? .. it's one of the reasons why I havent yet purchased it :(
Maybe not at first, but I'm sure that will come in time like any other module. Anyway, cockpit layout and systems are mostly the very same as Dora, so I already know how to fly it :D .

S!