Community Resource for the F-16

RaceFuel85

Hey all,

I'm sure most of this isn't going to be new to a lot of people however the website below is a wealth of information about all models of the F-16.

Before you get upset that a particular weapon, equipment, systems, etc aren't going to be modeled by ED for the F-16 (since it is a F-16 from a very specific time period)...maybe go and research a bit before getting out your torches and pitchforks, screaming about injustice.

http://www.f-16.net/

Hey all,

I'm sure most of this isn't going to be new to a lot of people however the website below is a wealth of information about all models of the F-16.

Before you get upset that a particular weapon, equipment, systems, etc aren't going to be modeled by ED for the F-16 (since it is a F-16 from a very specific time period)...maybe go and research a bit before getting out your torches and pitchforks, screaming about injustice.

http://www.f-16.net/

Brilliant recommendation!

I have found f-16.net to be an incredible resource for all things F-16 and a great way to become familiar with it. I think it's the best and most comprehensive F-16 community out there.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

While I agree its a great website it counters some of the hot topics and items we're apparently not getting on the viper. so unfortunately unless I'm reading wrong I don't think it will shut everyone up.

"The Block 50's have the capability to fire the AIM-120 AMRAAM, the new AGM-65G Maverick missile and the PGU-28/B 20mm cannon round. The Block 50/52 is capable of carrying the new JDAM munition, the AGM-154A/B JSOW and is the first F-16 version to integrate the AGM-84 Harpoon antishipping missile. The AGM-137 TSSAM stand-off attack missile was also foreseen in its weaponry, but subsequently cancelled. The aircraft can launch the Harpoon in line-of-sight, bearing-only, and range/bearing modes. The addition of the Harpoon gives the F-16 a significant standoff range anti-shipping capability, especially when combined with optional 600-gallon fuel tanks."

Harpoon JSOW and 600-gallon tanks are all things we're apparently not getting.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

While I agree its a great website it counters some of the hot topics and items we're apparently not getting on the viper. so unfortunately unless I'm reading wrong I don't think it will shut everyone up.

"The Block 50's have the capability to fire the AIM-120 AMRAAM, the new AGM-65G Maverick missile and the PGU-28/B 20mm cannon round. The Block 50/52 is capable of carrying the new JDAM munition, the AGM-154A/B JSOW and is the first F-16 version to integrate the AGM-84 Harpoon antishipping missile. The AGM-137 TSSAM stand-off attack missile was also foreseen in its weaponry, but subsequently cancelled. The aircraft can launch the Harpoon in line-of-sight, bearing-only, and range/bearing modes. The addition of the Harpoon gives the F-16 a significant standoff range anti-shipping capability, especially when combined with optional 600-gallon fuel tanks."

Harpoon JSOW and 600-gallon tanks are all things we're apparently not getting.

Never happened in USAF F-16 block 50 circa 2007, same with CFT, AGM-154/158, GBU-39 nor 54, Will not have TFR, No beyond the horizon communication, no AGCAS, no APG-68V9, no 600g external tanks, no internal jammer, no MWS, no large HUD like a block 40/42, not a two seater in DCS, no AIM-2000, no AIM-132, no anti ship missiles, LAU-88, no additional chaff and flare buckets on the weapons pylons, not recce pod, not gun pods, python 4 or 5 missiles, AGM-142, no EGBU, no EGI...the list goes on.

I think I going to make this my new response to every post.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I've already read this response on another forum post, So good job sticking to your word on using it everywhere. I'm well aware that we're not getting these things however despite that, much of the community will look at the Wikipedia page or f-16.net under the blk 50 section and see exactly the things I just posted.

Unfortunately, unless there is a post by someone like wags containing exact versioning and capabilities (and reference material) of the version we're getting someone will always try to dispute the fact.

Edited by dudeman17

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

Well my link won't do any good for people who cannot take more than 10 seconds to look beyond face value.

If you were to go by the one-paragraph summary of the Block 50 you'd think it always had JASSM, JSOW, SDB, Harpoon's, Amraams, Sparrows, Aim-9X's and such from it's arrival nearly 30 years ago.

I provided the link so that people can go "Oh, XYZ isn't being included because Wags says it's inaccurate...I better go look and see why he says that" instead of launching into orbit and claiming that ED is screwing people, etc.

The F-16.net community forum is where the real gold is to be found. Frequented by many current and former F-16 aircrew/maintainers, it's an Aladdin's Cave of information.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

I've always said that F-16.net isn't reliable, because it is the car salesman, PR source, not the cold hard facts.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I've already read this response on another forum post, So good job sticking to your word on using it everywhere. I'm well aware that we're not getting these things however despite that, much of the community will look at the Wikipedia page or f-16.net under the blk 50 section and see exactly the things I just posted.

Unfortunately, unless there is a post by someone like wags containing exact versioning and capabilities (and reference material) of the version we're getting someone will always try to dispute the fact.

i think these question or confusion with feature expectations arise because ED initially promised more features for the F16C blk 50 that they later retracted on recently ( most notably removal of JSOW and JSAAM from planned features),

gdPPu8K.png

4cIyaJU.png

Even then the new statement states features are still subject to change.So what other features shall we expect to disappear as the project progresses? Consumers beware.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i think these question or confusion with feature expectations arise because ED initially promised more features for the F16C blk 50 that they later retracted on recently ( most notably removal of JSOW and JSAAM from planned features),

gdPPu8K.png

4cIyaJU.png

Even then the new statement states features are still subject to change.So what other features shall we expect to disappear as the project progresses? Consumers beware.

For EA stage products. Anything can change. They never said "Never change". We get excited about adding a new function or weapon, and we get anxious about missing a function or weapon. The best way to do this is to stop rushing to buy and spend some time monitoring the progress. Until it's done, or basically done. As long as we don't buy EA products early, we have nothing to do with any changes in EA products. We are not affected by anything, and will not be happy, anxious, painful, sad because of change.

IMHO we will get an F-16, it will fly, We can play with whatever ED can make, to drop or launch. As I will never be able to get in the real thing. That suits me fine. I don’t care if it’s not the one with the iPhone socket MOD. It will take me ages to sit and read it all up (Chuck, can we have a guide soon, please?) I will get lost in the mini updates as my memory fails to update nowadays anyway. Just looking forward to flying it for enjoyment...gentlemen prepare your credit cards,

For EA stage products. Anything can change. They never said "Never change". We get excited about adding a new function or weapon, and we get anxious about missing a function or weapon. The best way to do this is to stop rushing to buy and spend some time monitoring the progress. Until it's done, or basically done. As long as we don't buy EA products early, we have nothing to do with any changes in EA products. We are not affected by anything, and will not be happy, anxious, painful, sad because of change.

your missing my point.

The point being whilst some feature request were unreasonable and of totally different falcons, community memebers shouldnt be blamed for asking about JSOW or JASSM as those were initially promised features. That is not due to unreasonable wishlist request but being informed of these features earlier only to have them removed recently from the plans.

Besides the JSOW capability is in fact being rightfully disputed based on new information shed to light. Forum goers have found evidence that it was authorized for use at least as early as 2003 with a squadron operating F16CJ blk 50 ( pre ccip), which would imply this capability should therefore be available also on F16CM Blk 50 in 2007.

JMOC8Ne.png

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3919151&postcount=30

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD