Near perfect stand for sensors - Rift or Vive - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #1
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 112
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold
Default Near perfect stand for sensors - Rift or Vive

I just picked up a pair of excellent stands for my Rift sensors. They will work well for the Vive, as well.

$38 for the pair.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
Beeroshima

Reputation power: 3
Beeroshima has a spectacular aura aboutBeeroshima has a spectacular aura aboutBeeroshima has a spectacular aura about

Just curious, why not 3m them to the ceiling?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Beeroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:18 AM   #3
cichlidfan
Veteran

cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

I don't know about the Vive but for the Rift, from my understanding, that would be a bit too far away, or at too high an angle (or both), depending on exactly where you placed them.

Quote:
Try to put your sensor 3 feet (1 meter) in front of where you’ll be wearing the headset
https://support.oculus.com/1814957818761397

My pit seat is somewhat lower than a standard chair, too.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1

Last edited by cichlidfan; 04-16-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
SVgamer72

Reputation power: 7
SVgamer72 will become famous soon enoughSVgamer72 will become famous soon enough

I use these same stands with the Vive (when the Vive is working....grrrr)

Great product for the price. Makes it easy to reset between room and seated use as I have to move things around when I want to use room scale.
SVgamer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVgamer72 View Post
Great product for the price.
Agreed. I was quite surprised how nice they were for the cost.

Also, based on the Amazon reviews, there are a number of people using them for the Vive.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #6
Scooternutz
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 21
Scooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of light

Just order them! Thank you!!!!

I was getting ready to get into my wood working room and make something.

No need now.

Scooternutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
Scooternutz
Campaign Testers

Scooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of light

Got mine today and have both Touch and Headset sensors mounted. Looks very professional and tidy. Thanks again.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:51 PM   #8
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooternutz View Post
Got mine today and have both Touch and Headset sensors mounted. Looks very professional and tidy. Thanks again.
You are welcome. Now the only problem is what to do with that nice case that I will almost never use for it's intended purpose.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
Scooternutz
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
You are welcome. Now the only problem is what to do with that nice case that I will almost never use for it's intended purpose.
True, that is a nice case. I just can't believe they were under $40. It took me a while to get that darn tracking done for the Touch Controllers.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #10
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooternutz View Post
True, that is a nice case. I just can't believe they were under $40. It took me a while to get that darn tracking done for the Touch Controllers.
I had looked a lot of light stands but when I found those I knew it was the right choice.

My touch controllers are still in the box. I have way to many things going on right now.