power set lim ??? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 11:17 PM   #11
RedShot

Reputation power: 3
RedShot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tp2king View Post
OK, that's very interesting. a little bit confusing though.
simple question.
can I fly along with
LH Power set lim
RH Power set lim
lights on ?
It's informing that you are using the full power from the engines and can't provide more. Warning you that if you still need to climb you need to gain lift in other ways.

To prevent you from asking too much power from the engines, which would break them. There is an electric governor limiting the power to certain safety point. You may disable governor for both engines, but it will most certainly break them.

http://dcsfinland.fi
Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö
RedShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:00 AM   #12
ShuRugal

Reputation power: 13
ShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really niceShuRugal is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd1000 View Post
Indeed. I'm pretty sure that most people leave the anti-dust on all the time (as that is what the tutorial tells you to do).
tutorial? when did we get a tutorial?
ShuRugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:12 AM   #13
Nerd1000

Reputation power: 3
Nerd1000 has a spectacular aura aboutNerd1000 has a spectacular aura aboutNerd1000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuRugal View Post
tutorial? when did we get a tutorial?
There is a 'cold start' tutorial in the training menu IIRC.
Nerd1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #14
Bersagliere81

Reputation power: 2
Bersagliere81 is on a distinguished road

I had this "issue" (i am still learning this heli), and did according the manual. Switching off the EEG switches.
However nothing really happened, and those two warning lights were still lit on.
Is there something more to do, like flipping more switches?
Intel i7-5820k
msi GTX 970
msi X99s SLI plus
16gb RAM
Hotas Warthog
Bersagliere81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #15
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 54
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bersagliere81 View Post
I had this "issue" (i am still learning this heli), and did according the manual. Switching off the EEG switches.
Where does it say so in the manual? Sounds like the only safe thing that disabling the limiter/EEG does is to kill the engines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual
Operating engines in extreme modes

[...]

If electronic engine governor fails the collective needs to be controlled carefully so that
ОГРАН. РЕЖ. indicator does not light up when RT-6-12 temperature regulator is still
functional (it works only in indication mode when engine governor is off). If RT-6-12 fails
the only way to maintain engine operation within limits is by checking engine status
gauges in particular ensuring that the gas temperature is below 980℃.
Quote:
However nothing really happened, and those two warning lights were still lit on.
Is there something more to do, like flipping more switches?
How about reducing engine power?

The engines can take some punishment, but if the chopper is too heavy or you're asking too much, there's only so much they can do. Try climbing at optimum climb speed, which is 150 kph IIRC (or might be 120 kph, somewhere in that region).
Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #16
Bersagliere81

I think what I read was if you deactivate EEG you can remove power limits. And it is what it is being said in this thread.

Why should I reduce power? It happens mostly when I need some extra from a stationary position

More precisely, even at low altitudes, after I get to the spot where I want to shoot from (say I have half fuel, and standard weapons on low altitudes, nothing more demanding than a takeoff), I can't climb those few meters higher because of the limitation
Intel i7-5820k
msi GTX 970
msi X99s SLI plus
16gb RAM
Hotas Warthog
Old 04-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #17
BitMaster

Reputation power: 15
BitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really nice

Best climb speed is 180km/h iirc.

When fully fueled and armed it is very hard to hover in the mountains, yes !

Nonetheless you can get the job done and with each Vikhr you fire, every kilogramm of fuel you burn it gets easier.

Sometimes its no good idea to load it up to max if you know what you have to do and where ! Sometimes less is more.
Asus Prime-Z270-A - Intel i7-7700K @ 5.0/1.330v adaptive LLC6 Phase_140%-Extreme - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 XMP 3600 CL16 vDimm 1.3530v VCCIO 1.30v VSA 1.35v - Asus 980GTX Poseidon wc @ 1500/8000 - 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - 1 x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 2 x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT @ 4 x 180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz - Win10Pro64 - Corsair Carbide 500r Case 5x120mm 1x200mm fans
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #18
Bersagliere81

Ok thank you.
But simply put, is it possible to gain a bit of altitude from a stationary hover, bypassing the power limiter without the need to gain speed?
Intel i7-5820k
msi GTX 970
msi X99s SLI plus
16gb RAM
Hotas Warthog
Old 04-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #19
Pocket Sized+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
Pocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShot View Post
It's informing that you are using the full power from the engines and can't provide more. Warning you that if you still need to climb you need to gain lift in other ways.

To prevent you from asking too much power from the engines, which would break them. There is an electric governor limiting the power to certain safety point. You may disable governor for both engines, but it will most certainly break them.
But is this something that actually happens in the simulator? I've never managed to do any apparent damage to the engines.
Pocket Sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #20
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 54
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
More precisely, even at low altitudes, after I get to the spot where I want to shoot from (say I have half fuel, and standard weapons on low altitudes, nothing more demanding than a takeoff), I can't climb those few meters higher because of the limitation
Okay, so if I understand you correctly, you'd rather destroy your engines than figure out how to properly fly the helicopter? These engines aren't throw-away articles, plus you need them to carry you away from the guys you're just about to fire on. I fail to see the wisdom in your request.

No, to my knowledge you can't just flick a few switches and magically gain engine power. It might be possible for a couple of seconds, but even so you risk damaging the engines, and are most probably limiting their service life.

If you prefer to hover, do it in ground effect. If you don't actually need to hover, engage from forward flight, and your engine power problems will "simply" go away. It seems to me you're trying to use the chopper in a way it was simply not intended. The solution is not technical but tactical.

How long are the missions you're talking about? If they don't take too long, you could post a track so that we can actually see what you're trying to achieve. Or if you post a Tacview recording, we'd still be able to go through actual examples.