LN's real next aircraft - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #51
Spectrum Legacy

Reputation power: 3
Spectrum Legacy will become famous soon enoughSpectrum Legacy will become famous soon enoughSpectrum Legacy will become famous soon enough

I think P-38 was already as background image on leatherneck website at the launch of Mig21 module in 2014, along with another prop plane iirc, bearcat or something, I don't remember for sure.

About next LNS plane, it was speculated for a long time it could be Mig23 because of the similarities in both 3d cockpit model and systems/avionics involved...heck even I speculated about it. I would like ML, MLA or MLD version too (as long as it is the light 23 version), or how about the ground strike variant Mig 27? Or wild dreams 2in1 pack? I would buy!

However P-38 J or L is dream plane to fly around too...paired with Corsair it would be splendid. Just like in the airshow video I saw a while ago...

Last edited by Spectrum Legacy; 04-20-2017 at 06:14 PM. Reason: gramma
Spectrum Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #52
iLOVEwindmills

iLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura about

The 23 was planned at some point by LN, but this was put on hold/cancelled a long time ago. Not clear if any work was ever done on it, or if it was just a plan.

I do hope their next plane is a Soviet jet. Despite being one of the older models the 21 still outmatches many newer modules in quality, and I hope to see more like it. 23/27/22, I'll take anything tbh.
iLOVEwindmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #53
asla36

Reputation power: 1
asla36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLOVEwindmills View Post
The 23 was planned at some point by LN, but this was put on hold/cancelled a long time ago. Not clear if any work was ever done on it, or if it was just a plan.

I do hope their next plane is a Soviet jet. Despite being one of the older models the 21 still outmatches many newer modules in quality, and I hope to see more like it. 23/27/22, I'll take anything tbh.
Same here!

Though the MiG-23 would be awesome! I doubt that we are ever gonna get one...
asla36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:44 AM   #54
Dehuman

Reputation power: 2
Dehuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asla36 View Post
Same here!

Though the MiG-23 would be awesome! I doubt that we are ever gonna get one...
It will come. With the demand for it expressed on the forums it would be a terrible business move for any dev to not be queuing up to do it.

It's also be a terrible move on. ED's part to shoot down Razbam unless there were already plans underway elsewhere.

So just as long as those plans don't involve VEAO or Aviodev we'll get the Flogger before the decade is up.
Dehuman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:48 AM   #55
firmek

Reputation power: 6
firmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
It's also be a terrible move on. ED's part to shoot down Razbam unless there were already plans underway elsewhere...
Or the plans were put on hold due to running into some problems, like for instance not being able to obtain a licence or a "no" from Russian authorities.
Anyway, I'm quite sure ED recognizes the lack of Russian aircrafts. If DCS wants to evolve into an combat and theater simulation over "only" a great flight and cocpit modeling there just has to be more of the Russian modules. Anything from MiG-17, MiG-23, MiG-27, MiG-29, Su-7, Su-11, Su-15, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-25 would be really welcome.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #56
asla36

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
Or the plans were put on hold due to running into some problems, like for instance not being able to obtain a licence or a "no" from Russian authorities.
Anyway, I'm quite sure ED recognizes the lack of Russian aircrafts. If DCS wants to evolve into an combat and theater simulation over "only" a great flight and cocpit modeling there just has to be more of the Russian modules. Anything from MiG-17, MiG-23, MiG-27, MiG-29, Su-7, Su-11, Su-15, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-25 would be really welcome.
You forgot the Su-27!

But yeah... Gotta hope for mah MiG-23!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #57
WinterH

Reputation power: 9
WinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really nice

There was a comment from Wags on mudspike forums regarding the cancellation of Razbam's MiG-23, and it was along the lines of that particular project "conflicting with estabilished plans".

So, there is a high chance that a MiG-23 may be under work or is planned to be worked on by someone, in some future.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #58
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 12
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLOVEwindmills View Post
The 23 was planned at some point by LN, but this was put on hold/cancelled a long time ago.
Source?

Are you sure you are not confusing this with RAZBAM's Mig23 plans which were cancelled by ED?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #59
asla36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Source?

Are you sure you are not confusing this with RAZBAM's Mig23 plans which were cancelled by ED?
They (Cobra/Leatherneck) have said in an old interview that they were going to make a MiG-23... But something navy related was going to come first. If someone can link the interview, that would be great!

Gotta hope for the "Flogger"... Gotta hope, and dream!

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

BTW the text on their website has gone a bit more red... Could this be a hint at a RED aircraft!?!?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #60
iLOVEwindmills

iLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Source?

'Planned' was probably too big a word to use, it has been mentioned by Cobra a few times as an attractive option due to high degree of commonality with the 21. Looking further back there was apparently an old member of the 21 team who said it was actually 'planned' but that was a long time ago. This was obviously also before the Viggen, the LN/HB split and much more we had no idea about how it influenced their plans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm..._when/chfgbiq/

So while there's no evidence they are working on it, these are still good reasons why they could do it. A lot of commonality with 21 would really lighten the workload for what is a small team now. Also a big thing is that they are looking to regain financial stability as per Dolphin's post, so a 'big' module that doesn't have to be build from scratch sounds attractive.

If we're making wild guesses as to what they are doing, I don't think the 23 is the worst gamble to make.

Last edited by iLOVEwindmills; 04-21-2017 at 11:54 AM.
iLOVEwindmills is offline   Reply With Quote