Several Things

DCS FIGHTER PILOT

Greetings again,

Just wanted to bring up a few things. First off, I noticed that the AI is behaving a bit differently, did it finally receive its overhaul? I do like how it is performing lately, it is much more defensive. Second, has the AIM-120 missile issue been revived by the developers yet? I do have more tracks I can send out if need be. The issue is when lock is lost before pitbull, in the 18 or 15, the AI does not pervieve it is in danger even when the missile reaquires it. The plane is easily shot down as a result. Lastly, I along with everyone else who enjoys a good BVR fight, am curious about any plans to tweak missile behaviors and performances in the future resulting in greater range and a greater probabilty of kill in. I am aware that this stuff takes time but want to be reassured that stuff like this is in the works.

Greetings again,

Just wanted to bring up a few things. First off, I noticed that the AI is behaving a bit differently, did it finally receive its overhaul? I do like how it is performing lately, it is much more defensive. Second, has the AIM-120 missile issue been revived by the developers yet? I do have more tracks I can send out if need be. The issue is when lock is lost before pitbull, in the 18 or 15, the AI does not pervieve it is in danger even when the missile reaquires it. The plane is easily shot down as a result. Lastly, I along with everyone else who enjoys a good BVR fight, am curious about any plans to tweak missile behaviors and performances in the future resulting in greater range and a greater probabilty of kill in. I am aware that this stuff takes time but want to be reassured that stuff like this is in the works.

"greater probabilty" PK

"plans to tweak missile behaviors and performances"

Well, only with what it possibly should be...... Not what people think it should be.:D

Have you got any accurate data to what you think it should be and how it should be?

What is you experience based off?

There is some performance testing done based off CFD testing, fuel and rocket motor etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David,

He’s correct. There is an issue. The AI only pays attention to the status of your radar. It ignores the AIM-120’s radar state. If you wait until the ARAAM has gone pitbull and turn off your radar (TWS), it ignores the missile. Leave the radar on and it evades. The same is true, if for some reason you launch it using a hard lock.

Edit: Tracks are here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3631964&postcount=8

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

David,

He’s correct. There is an issue. The AI only pays attention to the status of your radar. It ignores the AIM-120’s radar state. If you wait until the ARAAM has gone pitbull and turn off your radar (TWS), it ignores the missile. Leave the radar on and it evades. The same is true, if for some reason you launch it using a hard lock.

Edit: Tracks are here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3631964&postcount=8

So, you're saying once the ACT goes to zero, we shutdown radar (SIL) and we're more apt to get the kill that way?

So, you're saying once the ACT goes to zero, we shutdown radar (SIL) and we're more apt to get the kill that way?

Yup. Watch the tracks.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Any different, if you fire within the "no escape" range? IOW, you're saying that enemies will stop evasive maneuvers once you turn off your radar regardless of range?

I didn’t test this to find all the parameters but I’m guessing “yes”. I was simply posting a few tracks of the issue to help the OP out in a different thread. You could download the tracks yourself and take control and test it yourself, if you’re interested.

Actually I think I was wrong in an earlier post about turning the radar off. I haven’t been in a position to check but I think in the “Un-tagged” TWS track, I simply un-bugged the target and that was enough. He ignored the AMRAAM that locked him, made an abrupt turn in his direction, tracked him down and killed him.

_____

I didn’t test this to find all the parameters but I’m guessing “yes”. I was simply posting a few tracks of the issue to help the OP out in a different thread. You could download the tracks yourself and take control and test it yourself, if you’re interested.

Actually I think I was wrong in an earlier post about turning the radar off. I haven’t been in a position to check but I think in the “Un-tagged” TWS track, I simply un-bugged the target and that was enough. He ignored the AMRAAM that locked him, made an abrupt turn in his direction, tracked him down and killed him.

I would but the "recording tracks" system is SO unreliable that it breaks every time I watch a track from an outside perspective....most all ready know this...the recording system is in dire need of an overhaul...it is especially frustrating when you're trying to show a bug on a system that breaks when others watch it quite often

I would but the "recording tracks" system is SO unreliable that it breaks every time I watch a track from an outside perspective....most all ready know this...the recording system is in dire need of an overhaul...it is especially frustrating when you're trying to show a bug on a system that breaks when others watch it quite often

I seldom have issues with FC3 aircraft in SP, especially simple test tracks such as these. But that’s fine if you don’t want to. But you could always download it and fly it to see for yourself.

_____