last update ask for more than 40gb free

pepin1234

I was thinking I will be able to keep the 4 maps in my SSD until next map. Surprise, I am not able to install even the last update asking me for +40Gb free when I just have 22Gb free. this is becoming expensive too fast. hello it is really an update?

if I have a module does not mean I want to keep the campaign or some extra stuff. it is a way to customize the update installer?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was thinking I will be able to keep the 4 maps in my SSD until next map. Surprise, I am not able to install even the last update asking me for +40Gb free when I just have 22Gb free. this is becoming expensive too fast. hello it is really an update?

if I have a module does not mean I want to keep the campaign or some extra stuff. it is a way to customize the update installer?

yea it sucks, the usage of DCS is way worst than arma 3 modding scene lol... luckily i manage to delete a progam that was using up 30gb of my ssd... so maybe u should try to find something similar that u dont use in ur ssd to free up space...

The installer asked me if I want to change folder to a different location. This way to ask confused me and I decided do not hit YES (that make me think they gonna move the whole game...) So now I was forced to remove some other stuffs.

After get the minimum space and start torrenting the update I was in shock... the download torrent size was really 11,444 mb. Why this? :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The installer asked me if I want to change folder to a different location. This way to ask confused me and I decided do not hit YES (that make me think they gonna move the whole game...) So now I was forced to remove some other stuffs.

After get the minimum space and start torrenting the update I was in shock... the download torrent size was really 11,444 mb. Why this? :cry:

The files are packed, so the download size is smaller. It will unpack them and that's when the 40+ GB space is needed.

Well I decided to go down the route of selecting yes as an alternative download location. Not sure what this is going to do. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will it copy the update back to my DCS main folder?

It will download and unpack on another drive, then copy / replace files without needing extra space.

Which update are you talking about? My DCS folder is only 53g. I use the stable version and it's up to date.

the size is mainly determined by the installed maps, size of "mods\terrains" since yesterday night (open beta update) is now 91GB.

Us mkdir iirc to move your maps to another drive with free space

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

127 with OB and 126GB stable version, missing only Normandie and a few modules. So i guess we are approaching the 200GB landmark till end of the year ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

13.5GB update here. Not sure what the new update includes but whatever....

My DCS folder is 140GB. All maps are owned and about half of the available modules.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

For beta, I'm at 153GB's. Stable is 157GB's. (both include my mods as well).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control