Track IR not recognized in FC2

Prophet

For some reason FC2 my TIR is not being recognized. It is not creating the serialized LUA file like it does for my Cougar and CH pedals.

Works in BS, works in FC1, just not in FC2. Before you could delete the LUA files in the input folder, but that doesnt seem to work here.

I am running 5.0.300.

I eventually got it working after many reinstalls of FC2 and TIR software.

Good thing it wasnt like BS, when I was trying to get it running OK I burned through activations, no such problem with FC2.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FC2 is totally buggy running the TIR 5 software with a TIR 4 device...

It will work fine one day and then the next day nothing at all...

Testing it on other games and in the software and the TIR is fine...

This is a lock on issue...

And it bites

It will work fine one day and then the next day nothing at all...

Testing it on other games and in the software and the TIR is fine...

This is a lock on issue...

And it bites

Never had a bug with TIR and FC2. You can't blame FC2 with a simple analysis of one machine. I understand being frustrated, but that isn't logical.

close FC2, close TIR software... pull the TIR USB plug out and stick it back in again.

for some reason the TIR(4) drops out every so often

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

You're not trying to run one of your two programs as administrator, are you ? They both have to run as adminstrator, or they both should not run as administrator.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Also runs fine here never had problems.

You're not trying to run one of your two programs as administrator, are you ? They both have to run as adminstrator, or they both should not run as administrator.

This one helped some time ago when I had Problems with BS and trackIR. Thats the main reason if it doesn´t want to work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is a bug that happens on my system also with TIR4 hardware TIR 5 software. It is definately not a lockon problem because it will occur without running the game at all.

I can tell you what will trigger it on my machine is power management in Windows(had problem on both Vista and 7 64bit). If you walk away from the computer for a bit and it switches to a low power state it will sometimes trigger the bug but not always. I've tried different power profiles and dug into the device manager to see if I can specify that the USB ports not power down....

It's definately not an administrator setting on my end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 3 weeks later...