24 GB of RAM , DCS on SSD , what next ?

Guys, pls gimme some advice on how to further keep DCS running and enjoyable...

(bandwith of 40 to 70 FPS in MP with most settings high and HD resolution)

my status is the following;

With RAM upgrade to 28GB over 1 year ago , Im quite happy the way DCS is running ..

BUT: One thing that annoys me is that I constantly have kinda " re - rendering" effect when I change cameras , especially at the beginning of MP gameplay .. DCS sea water can be seen first and after 1 sec, the terrain overrenders the scenery to the intended Simulation picture .. whats is the cause / bottle neck for this ?

-> insufficient VRAM on my GTX960 OC Windforce 4GB or the fact, that I, still running my Win 7 64 Pro on regular HDD -> is there any connection to DCS saved game files on C: ??

until now, I refused to get another SSD for windows / operating system because of my unwillingness to Reset the computer... will do so in the next weeks maybe...

So based on my description above and the spec in my signature , whats the best to do to keep up with DCS ?

( VR is not intended for me atm , and i dont wanna necessarily get a total new system as my old but upgraded system works quite well still)

Thanks in advance ..

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

dude. that graphics card is getting a bit old in the tooth. That's your big bottleneck now.

yeah thats right... just got a GTX 1060 6 GB for a lumpsum and we'll see how things are workin out...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

BUT: One thing that annoys me is that I constantly have kinda " re - rendering" effect when I change cameras , especially at the beginning of MP gameplay .. DCS sea water can be seen first and after 1 sec, the terrain overrenders the scenery to the intended Simulation picture .. whats is the cause / bottle neck for this ?

-> insufficient VRAM on my GTX960 OC Windforce 4GB or the fact, that I, still running my Win 7 64 Pro on regular HDD -> is there any connection to DCS saved game files on C: ??

Can anyone give me advice , whether the circumstance described above really has to do with my limited GPU abilities or maybe some other factors ?

Your processor is pretty old along with your video card. I run a i5 4690K, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 970 and get some stuttering when I switch from cockpit camera to fly-by camera. Other than the camera change I'm satisfied with the performance I get.

I don't think your OS has anything to do with it. You should upgrade to W10 regardless though. W10 has come along way since launch. Its worth the time and effort to switch over.

:captain: Modules: F/A-18C, Flaming Cliffs III, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, Nevada, Normandy :captain: