Stupid Question

Rockeye

Okay, first the F-14 looks amazing. One of my favorite aircraft of all times. Now with that out of the way I have a stupid question. If I pre purchase the F-14 does that give early access or just a discount for when it releases? Sorry for the dumb question!!

I imagine it just gives you a discount before early access releases this winter. If someone purchases after early access is released they will get early access but no discount.

cppimmo - Developer for Crosstail Studios  :lol::pilotfly::thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6GHz, 12GB 3200MHz, MSI GAMING X GTX1060 6GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB SSD, 124GB SDD, T1600m FCS, TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You get a discount if you purchase it before the early access release. In DCS, early access doesn't really mean that you get it before anyone else. It just means you get to fly it while the dev's finish up the module. But, if you wait until after the early access release then you will pay full price.

You get a discount if you purchase it before the early access release. In DCS, early access doesn't really mean that you get it before anyone else. It just means you get to fly it while the dev's finish up the module. But, if you wait until after the early access release then you will pay full price.

Well, it means you get to fly it before its actual release.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've noticed that early access really just means people get more opportunity to bitch and complain whilst ignoring the fact that it was in fact just an early access issue.

Surely that ought to mean paying more, not less! So what you're seeing is doubly discounted. What a bargain, and all that fun making complaints too!

I've noticed that early access really just means people get more opportunity to bitch and complain whilst ignoring the fact that it was in fact just an early access issue.

Surely that ought to mean paying more, not less! So what you're seeing is doubly discounted. What a bargain, and all that fun making complaints too!

What are you on about? 'Early access issue' is an totally meaningless undefinable fudge.

Extremist non-sense laying blame solely on customers is totally unhelpful. For the early access model to work well devs need to be spot on with their comms and customers need to have some patience. Both sides have failed to an extent, so try to contribute an adult discussion on how to improve things instead of ponting the finger.

Okay, first the F-14 looks amazing. One of my favorite aircraft of all times. Now with that out of the way I have a stupid question. If I pre purchase the F-14 does that give early access or just a discount for when it releases? Sorry for the dumb question!!

When you prepurchse you get a discount (as displayed in the ED Store). You will receive Early Access once the developer is ready to move it to EA, which at this point we expect will be March 21 or before.

What follows is a brief rundown of what Early Access is (in the gospel according to Horns), in case you're not sure...

"Early Access" effectively means you get the chance to beta test once the devs believe it is ready. When the module is released it *will* be missing some features, for instance we will only get the -B variant at first, with the -A to be released later on, and I think the targeting pod might not be available at first either - but I'm not certain. There is always the chance there might be a game-breaking bug, and these are fixed as the devs are able, so the aircraft might be unusable for you for a time.

Early Access is not for everyone. I like Early Access because I like learning whatever is available, and I take a long time about learning so adjusting for missing systems isn't a huge problem. However, if you want an aircraft you can jump in and fly and know it will work the way it should, it might be worth waiting for the proper release.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Basically you get the aircraft before it is fully finished and the creators continue working on the aircraft and updating it until they reach their completion goal. It might also mean that you can only play on the beta version of the DCS for a while, but that is usually fine. Most modules go on sale at some point in the year, though I don't remember how aircraft released for early access work, new planes may not go on sale until later in the year. Though I think the F18 has already been on sale once since early access, and it's little square button on the DCS start screen says "WIP" (Work In Progress).

• 2 months later...
I just Bought the F-14. I hear there is a manual. How do i get the it?

thanks in advance

Charlie AKA Nsane

:pilotfly::joystick:

Go into the F-14 sub forum and it’s there near the top. Be prepared...lots of pages. If you plan on printing, find yourself a fast printer with plenty of toner. It’s just over 400 pgs. Worth reading it if you plan to dedicate yourself to learning the aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk