What does Sensor Switch Depress do?

Larkis

See above. I know what to do with sensor switch up, down, left and right.

Bit sadly my stick downt habe a press functionality on my HOTAS Hats. Before i sacrifice one of my rare buttons to this. What can i do with the depress?

Hmm last time i fly the hornet, the locked target gives automatically a iff response visible with the shape of the lick symbol (square or diamond)

That's true only if you have a donor aircraft (AWACS or another fighter) who is able to interrogate for you and then display that via MIDS.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

That's true only if you have a donor aircraft (AWACS or another fighter) who is able to interrogate for you and then display that via MIDS.

True but even having a manual IFF interrogation won't change that. I can interrogate one and not get a change from yellow until it goes nose on and I get some NCTR.

It's because of the ROE, a lack of IFF answer isn't enough to automatically declare a bogey as hostile. However if you do the same to a friendly it will turn green immediately. Just take care as there is no "friendly" symbol on the HUD.

SCS depress is useful to interrogate contacts on the radar without soft-locking them, it's somewhat faster this way.

Edited by 92nd-MajorBug
92nd Kodiak Air Force - May the Greuh be with you

Speaking of NCTR, do you have to have a lock of some sort for it to work? Or will it give a print in RWS if the aspect is nose-on?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Speaking of NCTR, do you have to have a lock of some sort for it to work? Or will it give a print in RWS if the aspect is nose-on?

Must have a lock. I believe STT is required but it could just be L&S, not positive.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

On LTWS, placing the TDC over a contact will run an IFF check automatically on the target under the cursor (TUC). In TWS, you have to manually do it with SCS Depress (at least that's how it's currently implemented).

As for getting an NCTR print, STT is required. There's a bug where the L&S in LTWS will be identified as hostile if it's within NCTR parameters (range + aspect), without the need for STT, but there's also not an actual NCTR print taken (SA page doesn't display the aircraft type).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro