Was the AI flight model mentioned somewhere for 2020?

S. Low

I hope it gets improved this year. It doesn't even need to be revolutionary, just give the AI something slightly more real. From AI jets down to warbirds, they all ignore gravity and just UFO vertical loop through the air and never run out of energy.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Yeah the GFM originally made for third parties to use it was in like October newsletter

Thanks. Found it here, the 10/18/19 news letter https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4077740&postcount=220

So they are working on it. I assume they'll try to roll it out with all the big updates in 2020. They tweaked AI gunnery in 10/2019, and if the new hotness damage model releases in 2020 I imagine ED will want the AI GFM to fit the quality of the AI gunnery and damage model.

So... one can hope.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I don't find the AI warbird flight model that bad compared to the MiG-15/21 or F-5E. It feels like it puts up a decent fight but it also feels very beatable with good tactics. I've seen it go vertical in a chase and run out of energy before I do. That literally never happens to the AI MiG-15 for example.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I don't see how. I'm fighting AI P-51s offline right now and they just do endless vertical loops with infinite energy. And VID is awful to boot. But if I go back to Il-2 it feels like arcade lol... dangit.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg