Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added Mirage F1!)

Love the profile, been rocking it for a while. Returned from vacation and fired up DCS with VA. Jester randomly will answer my call. And sometimes not answer at all. I've changed nothing with the microphone settings. On start up, he will answer right away. Then as we get airborne the time for him to reply draws out. I look in the VA window while calling Jester and sometimes it will recognize but not answer. So I call him again and then the software will try to answer "Jester Jester"

Anyone experiencing this?

Steev099

Hello, have you found a solution?

No sir. I haven't. But, to be honest, work has kept me away from the sim. I don't understand why VA is having such a hard time, when the Key command works everytime. Really odd. I'll try to work eith it this weekend and report any findings.

Steev099

Hello Bailey:

I use your Voice Attack profiles for all of my jets (F-15, F-16, F-18, SU-27, SU-33, MiG-29) and love them! I just purchased the DCS MiG-15bis module and discovered that apparently you haven't created a Voice Attack profile for it yet. Do you have any plans to create on fir the MiG-15bis (I hope so!)?

In the mean time, I downloaded your MiG-21bis VA profile and will attempt to use it with the MiG-15bis and hope that it works, or perhaps I can modify it for the MiG-15bis.....??

I am a big fan of your work, you have made flying jets in DCS a lot of fun for me!

Thank you, Dave Rhoades

Hello Bailey:

I use your Voice Attack profiles for all of my jets (F-15, F-16, F-18, SU-27, SU-33, MiG-29) and love them! I just purchased the DCS MiG-15bis module and discovered that apparently you haven't created a Voice Attack profile for it yet. Do you have any plans to create on fir the MiG-15bis (I hope so!)?

In the mean time, I downloaded your MiG-21bis VA profile and will attempt to use it with the MiG-15bis and hope that it works, or perhaps I can modify it for the MiG-15bis.....??

I am a big fan of your work, you have made flying jets in DCS a lot of fun for me!

Thank you, Dave Rhoades

I wish there was a :bow: emoji on here. Thank you for the kind words and I am happy to see that you use VA for all your jets!

I do not own any Clickable Russian aircraft, unfortunately. In fact, the MiG-21 profile was made during a free trial period :D

To be honest, donations drive the acquisition of DCS aircraft.

Long story short, no, there isn't a MiG-15bis profile right now. I sure did enjoy enjoy the first half of the default campaign though! Just didn't have time to do the profile during the free trial.

But don't let that stop ya! Keep having fun with VA and DCS. Who knows, maybe you will be the one to make the MiG-15bis profile ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know if this profile will interfere with "Realistic ATC or Interactive Kneedboard" (I have both installed) provided by Vaicompro. I want to use this profile but want to know if anybody that have both extensions are not experiencing any conflicts. Thanks

Hi Drac

I use my own profile so not 100% sure but a lot of it takes inspiration from Bailey's profiles. My only problem was the Interactive kneeboard jumping automatically to its page when it had info to show knocking the tracking variables in the kneeboard outta whack. However if you switch off the Auto Browse on the Vaicom PTT pop up ( I think it's in the EX page) it seems to stop this and the Interactive Kneeboard just appears as another regular kneeboard page.

Bailey may have to adjust his page numbering in the kneeboard, I'm not sure to account for the extra page and to allow you to call it up. You also might need to insert commands in the Vaicom profile to call up the tabs.

It's all pretty straightforward and the commands for calling the tabs arre detailed in the latest Vaicom manual

Roger...When I was watching his v.2 video on YouTube, I noticed that you have to import his profile...was hoping that I could daisy-chain it. Integrating the keyboard files gives me caution. Thanks

Drac I believe Bailey's only imports to bring in the sound files once in VA it's just another profile that can be Daisy Chained to Vaicom like any other

how do I get voice attack to listen for commands? Vaicom had transmit keys

Voice Attack has it's own commands for Listening, Stop Listening and Toggle Listening which you can add to your own profile. If you want a PTT for example you could use the Start Listening when a button is pressed and stop Listening when a button is released

This is what the Vaicom PTT buttons used to used in the Vaicom profile.

Copy the Vaicom commands over to your own profile then just delete the command for "Execute plug in" command and replace the PTT press with a Listening and the PTT release with a Stop Listening

The VA Listening commands are found under Other/Voice Attack Action

Thank you so much fella. I have spent days writing and tweaking a SU-25T VA Profile, which mostly works. For some reason, I cannot get laser-guided missiles to fire with a voice command or the joystick so I am very excited to see how you did it. I hope noobs to VA appreciate the time you spent producing these vaps, I certainly do. I have just joined your Discord and will recommend it to anyone I see having trouble with VA. It can certainly be quite difficult for noobs.

Thanks Weegie. I decided to give it a try. I do have a question:

To call up any of the pages on the DDI, I have to be set to "Tac Page" first. Once I am not on the "Tac Page", calling the other pages does not work. Is this the way it is suppose to be? Thanks

Really need @Bailey to answer that properly Drac

Looking quickly at his profile though I don't think so, it looks like VA does some sort of reset for the DDIs then executes commands, so I think it should be reset automatically within the profile. It's a very sophistcated profile and quite in depth, so I can't say for sure, but it looks that way to me

Perhaps Bailey will chime in to give you a definitive answer, but I doubt the Interactive kneeboard page would affect this

Thanks Weegie. I decided to give it a try. I do have a question:

To call up any of the pages on the DDI, I have to be set to "Tac Page" first. Once I am not on the "Tac Page", calling the other pages does not work. Is this the way it is suppose to be? Thanks

Thanks Weegie for the mention. Drac, what my voiceAttack profile does is create a "known state" to be able to navigate to other pages. It like creating the same starting point every time. With ED updates, it is very possible that they have changed some DDI pages such that the commands that used to work before no longer work. The way you would fix this is by clicking around and seeing how you can get to the Tac page every time, no matter which page you start on. Then you just copy those same clicks with voiceattack. If I have some time to fly the F18 (when I check out the new toys it got), I'll try to remember to see if I can get the page resets working again. In the meantime, you or anyone else can take a shot at getting it working again.

Thanks Weegie for the mention. Drac, what my voiceAttack profile does is create a "known state" to be able to navigate to other pages. It like creating the same starting point every time. With ED updates, it is very possible that they have changed some DDI pages such that the commands that used to work before no longer work. The way you would fix this is by clicking around and seeing how you can get to the Tac page every time, no matter which page you start on. Then you just copy those same clicks with voiceattack. If I have some time to fly the F18 (when I check out the new toys it got), I'll try to remember to see if I can get the page resets working again. In the meantime, you or anyone else can take a shot at getting it working again.

Thanks for your quick response. The quickest way for me to get back to the "Tac Page", is to call "Button 18 Left" and "Button 18 Right" until I get back to the "Tac Page". I can never get back to the "Tac Page" once I leave it by speaking any of the " xxx...Page...(Right or Left)". Currently, I just navigate by calling the "Buttons". By the way, I am flying the Hornet.

@All - Am I the only one with this situation?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your quick response. The quickest way for me to get back to the "Tac Page", is to call "Button 18 Left" and "Button 18 Right" until I get back to the "Tac Page". I can never get back to the "Tac Page" once I leave it by speaking any of the " xxx...Page...(Right or Left)". Currently, I just navigate by calling the "Buttons". By the way, I am flying the Hornet.

@All - Am I the only one with this situation?

Hey, I flew the F18 recently. For the MFD reset command, try B18, B20, B18. That has gotten me to the TAC page in all of the situations I tried. Make that your MFD Reset command. Then you build off of that to reach any page from there.

Hey, I flew the F18 recently. For the MFD reset command, try B18, B20, B18. That has gotten me to the TAC page in all of the situations I tried. Make that your MFD Reset command. Then you build off of that to reach any page from there.

I will give that a try and report. If I am interpreting you correctly, once I am in the cockpit, select B18, B20, and B18 again (I'm guessing for all DDIs). From that point on, I can call any pages and it will go there. I could say "HSI Page Left", and then go to "Stores Page Left", and to any page I want (on the left) without resetting to the "Tac Page" first.

Heh Drac (or Bailey) does the profile still use a reset command?

If after trying the B18,B20,B18 manually to ascertain it works perhaps you could just insert that into the reset so as you don't need to do it manually everytime.

I know ideally the clean solution would be to correct the instructions, but if it works it works.

@Bailey although my profile is not as sophisticated or extensive as yours, rather than use the MFDs' buttons numbered 1-20 I broke mine down into 4 groups, labelled 1-5 then used the prefix T(top), L(left), R(right) and B(bottom) as I found that easier than trying to work out where the higher numbered buttons are on the MFD's.

Just a thought

Okay...did a test. The only way I could get the "Pages" to work, I had to always start from the "Tac Page". If you call a "Page" from the "Sup Page", it's a no go.

Heh Drac (or Bailey) does the profile still use a reset command?

If after trying the B18,B20,B18 manually to ascertain it works perhaps you could just insert that into the reset so as you don't need to do it manually everytime.

I know ideally the clean solution would be to correct the instructions, but if it works it works.

@Bailey although my profile is not as sophisticated or extensive as yours, rather than use the MFDs' buttons numbered 1-20 I broke mine down into 4 groups, labelled 1-5 then used the prefix T(top), L(left), R(right) and B(bottom) as I found that easier than trying to work out where the higher numbered buttons are on the MFD's.

Just a thought

I agree that breaking it down is easier. I believe F18 was my very first "advanced" VA profile, so it doesn't include the breakdowns like the JF-17 (iirc). Great idea!

​​​

Okay...did a test. The only way I could get the "Pages" to work, I had to always start from the "Tac Page". If you call a "Page" from the "Sup Page", it's a no go.

For SUP pages, just press 18 one more time at the end :D

18, 20, 18, 18.

For SUP pages, just press 18 one more time at the end :D

18, 20, 18, 18.

Selecting 18 to get back to the Tac Page is one additional step for me. At that point, it is quicker to go direct to the pages via the buttons. No big deal overall, as I can get around accordingly...was hoping to go direct to any Pages at any point without going back to the Tac Page first. :thumbup:

Selecting 18 to get back to the Tac Page is one additional step for me. At that point, it is quicker to go direct to the pages via the buttons. No big deal overall, as I can get around accordingly...was hoping to go direct to any Pages at any point without going back to the Tac Page first. :thumbup:

There is a misunderstanding here. You would put 18, 20, 18 in VoiceAttack as a precursor to any page commands. If you want Tac pages, for those specific commands you'd lead with an extra 18. Does that make sense?

There is a misunderstanding here. You would put 18, 20, 18 in VoiceAttack as a precursor to any page commands. If you want Tac pages, for those specific commands you'd lead with an extra 18. Does that make sense?

"Lead with an extra 18"? Once I got into the cockpit, I selected 18, 20, 18. From that point via voice, I would call a sub-page. Once you get to a "sub-page on the Sup Menu", you can never get back to a "sub-page on the Tac Menu" via voice. I know you can select button 18 (via voice) to get to the "Tac Menu".

For example, say "HSI Page Left". Now you are on the HSI sub-page on the Sup Menu. Now say "Stores Page Left", you can never get there without selecting via voice "Button 18 Left"...which brings you back to the Tac Menu first.

I was hoping to get to any Sub-pages on the opposite menu, whether on the Sup or Tac Menu via voice without having to select via voice Button 18 to get back to the Tac Page first. Everything works great if starting from the Tac Menu.

Thanks for you patients...

Thanks for you patients...

No problem. Here is the fix. Forget everything we have said. Go to these three commands and change the middle command to PB 20. That is all you need to do. Tested and working ingame.

The only pages that aren't working are the HMD and Azumith pages (which have seen reworks in the last few weeks by ED).

408896257_2020-11-2923_29_35-EditaCommand.jpg.08f2ffa4c59a74c80d5337d298bb1eb6.jpg