Clouds mod

picture.php?albumid=1193&pictureid=8132

Hey Mustang, I have to say, your mod is awesome.

You maybe realized that in DCS2.0 there are big cloud clusters and fronts possible with cloud density of 7. Is it possible to combine your mod with this clustering? This would be even more realistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using SweetFX/ReShade? It seems that something is exaggerating the downsampling aliasing artifacting on your end, i rarely ever see it looking so bad as that.

you think my problem is sweetfx?

INTEL Core i7-10700K 3.8Ghz - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED DDR4 - 3200 Mhz 4x8go - Be Quiet ! 850W - Hotas Warthog - Fox Spirit PGM 340 - Oculus rift S

I just want to imagine

in DCS.

Please fasten your jaw before watching.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I just want to imagine
in DCS.

Please fasten your jaw before watching.

This engine is a bit overrated. These clouds look impressive if you move only slow. But at 1:30 you see they are definitely not volumetric, what is important. You would see it while panning the camera around that cloud.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

That's a fair point. Particles and sprites are of another age of smoke and mirrors but I doubt any volumetric rendering could produce a believable weather system with the current computing power.

But I do hope ED's plans will prove me wrong. At the time, the perlin noise system was pretty innovative and effective.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Dcs has much room for improvement with the whole weather and atmosphere simulation. Those other sims are much better I can fly exact weather currently outside I. Germany with one click of a button. Great for pre flight and training here. One can only wish they allow 3rd party integration of these technologies into dcs world.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Thanks Mustang :thumbup:

Here's a JSGME-ready .rar if anyone is interested. (updated: 06-19-2016)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

Thanks Mustang for fix the Download Link.

I installed mod, have a problem.

My FPS is going under 20 FPS.

maintain 10 ~ 15 FPS All Time.

Mod disable = maintain 60 FPS

Mod enable = maintain 15 FPS

How to solve it?

I Am use GTX 970 Overclocked.

Thanks a lot mustang.

I love your mods.

clouds. Yes it worked. But it is very blurry. Is this normal? Or must i do some settings?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Link updated, i have completely solved the problem with terrain masking lines showing through clouds

clouds. Yes it worked. But it is very blurry. Is this normal? Or must i do some settings?

try downloading the package again and see if it's any different, if not please provide a screenshot if blurry problems persist and also the steps to reproduce it.

Hello Mustang,

I have one question. Is it possible to combine your clouds with this clustering and cloud fronts from DCS2.0? That would be even more realistic.

Screen_160619_073348.thumb.jpg.9924942c93cc55cece606c18b58b3db0.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Mustang,

I have one question. Is it possible to combine your clouds with this clustering and cloud fronts from DCS2.0? That would be even more realistic.

[ATTACH]142685[/ATTACH]

Is this with dynamic weather? If so no, the newer clouds only work with the standard 1-8 cloud cover settings in the mission editor.

Link updated, i have completely solved the problem with terrain masking lines showing through clouds

try downloading the package again and see if it's any different, if not please provide a screenshot if blurry problems persist and also the steps to reproduce it.

Yes, thank you. Redownloading worked!:thumbup:

I put it on jsmge.

Thank you!

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

It's a bummer getting too big of a fps hit with nvidia again did you increase super sampling or something in latest config? Before it seemed better fps wise and also I still get the terrain outlines in the clouds.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

It's a bummer getting too big of a fps hit with nvidia again did you increase super sampling or something in latest config? Before it seemed better fps wise and also I still get the terrain outlines in the clouds.

Interesting, there should be no difference in terms of performance at all between versions, are you sure you haven't altered something on your end to affect the framerates? BTW i do not see any terrain outlines anymore, could you capture a pic showing this?