Air Defense Guide

Snoopy

Sure....any other typo's my English Major Friend ;)

Well, the heading on the TOC page says,

"CREATING A NEW FLIGHT PLAN"

but seriously, it could say "Paul's Weekend Chores" and I would still have it by my side when I fly!!:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

LoL....thought I fixed that before I uploaded it the first time.

Fixed in post 1...

Now you're responsible for one lost virtual life just because you don't CONCENTRATE!!! :doh:

:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

The max altitudes for the SA-8, SA-15, and SA-19 probably need reworking. I know for a fact that a SA-19 can kill you up to around 20,000-23,000 feet above it's own altitude. I've exceeded it's max engagement altitude many times, so I'm very familiar with that one.

The SA-8 and SA-15 are a little tougher to test, since their max altitudes are much higher. I know for a fact that I was hit by an SA-8 at an altitude of at least 31,000 feet only a few patches back. Now granted, the SA-8 that hit me was at least at an initial altitude of 6,000 feet, but still- it can shoot a lot higher than the 15,000 feet that's stated in the guide.

The SA-15 I also do not know the max engagement altitude of... but it is in excess of 25,000 feet above its own altitude. Probably at least 28,000 feet above its own altitude.

It wouldn't be hard to test these max engagement altitudes... I should do it tonight, as I've always wondered....

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Very very Nice Guide!!!

Very nice work!!

Thanx so much!!!

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

please... please... please... let next DCS module be a F18 :worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

Thanks Paul! Great graphics!

One more error detected: on page 19 the white hot images for the emplaced gun and the truck-mounted one are exchanged.

EDIT: actually, on close inspection of that page, there were more pictures shuffled around. Take a look at my attempt to fix it in the attached version.

Air Defenses V1.2.1.pdf

Edited by PhoenixBvo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Paul, are you sure about page 3 of your guide - RWR symbology? I am not an expert at all, but I think the steady half-circle indicates the most recent threat and not ...

If a symbol has a steady half-circle it indicates that the radar is tracking/locked on to your aircraft.
I attached the RWR list I compiled for myself. Feel free to check for errors :-)

RWR.pdf

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

The problem with the RWR symbology is it's different than what our system shows in the real jets and the manual doesn't go into detail (at least not good enough in my opinion). So sure, could be wrong...

The problem with the range/altitude information is the sim is different than real....main reason I originally wasn't going to publish this to the public.

Guide was removed due conflicting info/errors and I don't have time to update/fix at the moment.

Edited by Snoopy

Son of a Bitch. I was just reading and drooling over the PDF then read the thread and now its gone. :( Hopefully you get it back up as I really want to incorporate it into my Helios profiles like the airport charts one that Capt LOLz did.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Son of a Bitch. I was just reading and drooling over the PDF then read the thread and now its gone. :( Hopefully you get it back up as I really want to incorporate it into my Helios profiles like the airport charts one that Capt LOLz did.

Hopefully I'll have it back up by Friday. I already fixed the TGP images but waiting on a PM back on what the symbology actually means in the sim.

For obvious reasons I can't go into what the RWR shows on our Suite 6 jets but needless to say it is completely different than what is modeled in the sim (and for good reason the actual operation of the RWR is classified/sensitive).

• 1 month later...

Dear Paul,

Any chance of you updating your great Threats document?

I based my Threats checklist on it and, yes, you are right, there are some wrong figures taht I discoverd later (engagement altitudes or distances, for example). But still, it was the best document of the sort in both Lockon and A-10C and I am looking forward to see your update? Perhaps, you can start by making a definitive statement of the real engagement altitudes and distances (I am meaning in the SIM and not in the realworld...).

Anyhow, thanks for all your great contributions.:thumbup:

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Power5, you can still find the great document (without the last corrections that we all eagerly ait for) on post #32 of this thread

clic here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1250792&postcount=32

JEFX:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

• 8 years later...