Hurts my Soul

Flagrum

I am beginning to think that RAZBAM have reached the peak of their abilities. They do not hold the knowledge to develop complex systems that are present in the modern aircrafts.

Similar to how Heatblur stays away from modern jets since modern multi functional systems is probably not their forte (yet).

Even though they might look and feel simple, the modern jets have a lot of capabilities, calculations and features when compared with the old analogue and guage ridden aircrafts.

My fear now is that RAZBAM is sitting on the most powerful license. The F-15. I do not think they will be able to simulate the amount of systems that are present in that aircraft and do a quick job while keeping it in EA forever.

Currently, the Mirage is 4 missiles and 1 radar. The Harrier is Broken screen pages, buggy targetting pod, super hover engine where even after water runs out it does not take damage, no modeled ins alignment? etc, and etc...

I own these modules now so all I can do is wait and get upset everytime they show something from one of many projects they are working on at once.

In the end, I am not getting any younger and waiting years for certain bugs to be fixed should not be expected of us.

Exactly, they are out of their depth and unfortunately the F-15E will get stuck in Razbamness forever. I don't know on what basis ED grants licenses, but handing off such a complex and important airframe as the Strike Eagle to a 3rd party that has a proven track record of NOT being able to deliver accuracy and high quality is short sighted. ED should have kept it for themselves given the experience they have/will have with multirole fighters.

I get the frustration with some things, but I'm flying the Harrier exclusively right now and while it has some issues, it's not nearly as bad as you lot make it sound. I would put the whining here in the category of 'gross exaggeration'. It's a video game airplane, mostly functional, with some glitches. They're not sacrificing babies in dark rites. You're all very brave crapping on other people's work behind the anonymity of your computer screens. And if the state of a video game ''hurts your soul'', you should probably re-evaluate some life priorities.

As for how good or bad the Harrier is, well, I am a DCS user because I like to simulate flying airplanes to which I don't have access to IRL.

To me that means reading the manual, learning the procedures, employ weapons in a realistic way and using realistic procedures as much as possible within the realm of a desktop sim.

The fact I can start-up and operate the F-14, F-18, F-5 etc. using the checklist I find in the Natops or -1 manuals is a testament to what DCS stands for: maximum realism and accuracy.

Of course not everything can be 100% correct, and there are bugs and missing features here and there in other modules as well, but in general things are implemented in great detail and accuracy, which is NOT the case for most things in the Harrier.

So yes, we complain and I tell you exactly why.

On the prouct page it says "Highly realistic modelling of the aircraft systems including electrical, fuel, hydraulics, lighting, engine and navigation" and "Advanced Flight Model that provides realistic performance and flight characteristics of a Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft"

Have a look at the Natops and tell me in good faith that it does what it says on the tin...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I get the frustration with some things, but I'm flying the Harrier exclusively right now and while it has some issues, it's not nearly as bad as you lot make it sound. I would put the whining here in the category of 'gross exaggeration'. It's a video game airplane, mostly functional, with some glitches. They're not sacrificing babies in dark rites. You're all very brave crapping on other people's work behind the anonymity of your computer screens. And if the state of a video game ''hurts your soul'', you should probably re-evaluate some life priorities.

Couldn't have said it better. I also fly it almost exclusively and find it to be great. The title of this thread almost made me go blind reading it...hurts my soul :megalol:

Could say the same for a guy who writes a post that can't see anything between no problem at all and sacrificing babies, and thinks criticism is "crapping all over someone else"s work" and doesn't put his real name in his own critical post while admonishing others' anonymity.

Agree on the "hurt soul" thing, but you're just the other side of the same coin

@LRR

No, actually, I'm not the ''other side of the same coin''. Reporting bugs, inaccuracies, and requesting features is one thing and I fully support it. I have done so myself, including for the Harrier. Dramatic language and insinuations about the devs morals or competence are another matter, which is veeerrry often present around here.

@Terror

Yeah, everyone has the right to comment here, you can report/complain, and I can comment on those comments. Public forum, not an echo chamber. Otherwise see first part for LRR. I never said there was ''no problem''. I implied, and now directly state, that many of the folks commenting on this stuff are overly dramatic, rude, and look like entitled fools when they're comments are viewed in context.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

@LRR

No, actually, I'm not the ''other side of the same coin''. Reporting bugs, inaccuracies, and requesting features is one thing and I fully support it. I have done so myself, including for the Harrier. Dramatic language and insinuations about the devs morals or competence are another matter, which is veeerrry often present around here.

@Terror

Yeah, everyone has the right to comment here, you can report/complain, and I can comment on those comments. Public forum, not an echo chamber. Otherwise see first part for LRR. I never said there was ''no problem''. I implied, and now directly state, that many of the folks commenting on this stuff are overly dramatic, rude, and look like entitled fools when they're comments are viewed in context.

Fair enough

It mimics real life. Every aircraft , military and civilian, has issues, with it. DOD has interesting name for it. Technical Orders. Basically instructions, or prohibitions pertaining to specific block , and variant of system. Features that were not added, or added buggy. Performance that comes up short in a metric. Quirks of flying and fighting it. I get frustrated easily, and if something gets my goat, I rap my knuckles on desk, then try again. Right now I am having useability issues with JDAMs and programming CAS page target list, that simply does not work for me. At all! About half the time, when I force JDAM release despite CIRCLE/NO, DCS crashes. Mirage's AG gun mode is problematic, as it requires a workaround, to get AG piper, after all stores are expended.

@Terror

You are right. You have complete freedom to just come to this thread and start calling people rude while being rude to them yourself. I must agree with LastRifleRound here, you really are the other side of the same coin.

Probably RAZBAM had nothing to do with so many people being upset at them. I am sure, just like you they think that the Harrier has minor faults and nothing really a priority. All these people getting upset are just being overly dramatic.

Keeping jets in EA for years while giving constant excuses for delays should not be a reason for people to eventually get upset.

After Heatblur and Deka came along to show how competent and fast a 3rd party developer can be, it has really put into light on how disorganised RAZBAM have been so far. Especially considering that those devs have smaller team than RAZBAM. Just look at the amount of projects they are working on at the same time compared to other 3rd party devs.

I hope the pressure gets them to be more open with community regarding what will be fixed next and then they actually do it properly. Not that hard to please the community of DCS. All the other devs have their die hard fans while RAZBAM have their fans angry at them.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

@LRR

@Terror

Yes, thank you. That is exactly my complaint, to which I will add that it has damaged the morale and tone in this forum that, once a place I enjoyed visiting practically daily, is now a place where I consider avoiding, and if my observations have any legitimacy, the same effect can be seen on the devs.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, thank you. That is exactly my complaint, to which I will add that it has damaged the morale and tone in this forum that, once a place I enjoyed visiting practically daily, is now a place where I consider avoiding, and if my observations have any legitimacy, the same effect can be seen on the devs.

And you think this is the responsibility of user who want to get what they have paid for and got promised, or do you think this is the responsibility from Razbam who constantly lie at their customers, ignore them and don't be able to get their **** done, but instead working already on three other new modules?

Interesting fact: No other sub-forum here in the ED forum is so toxic as the Razbam sub is. So think twice if the users are responsible or if Razbam is...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• ED Team

Threads merged

RAZBAM are on a break for the holiday season, they have already stated they are working on finishing their modules, we hope they have a good break and continue to bring us updates as they have been doing already, next year will be a great one I am sure.

Many in this thread have given their feedback, some on more than one occasion and in many threads.

While we do encourage feedback there comes a point when it just becomes toxic, like this thread.

A reminder of our 1.10 rule.

1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2