ericoh

AH-1 S or W? What do you want?  

839 members have voted

1. 1. AH-1 S or W? What do you want?

• AH-1G
    • AH-1S
    • AH-1W

• ED Team

If we had a Vietnam map (both geographically and 60's/70's era equipment), I'd be all for the G-model Cobra. But since we don't, I'm voting for the W-model Cobra. For the Georgia map, operators could include the US and Turkey, which would fit nicely given the location.

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w of course

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I want the fastest one to get :D. Maybe dual sit is still away in development pipeline and they have time to switch to a more advanced version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

AH-1W and AH-1W only. Because it fit's best in the current georgia environment and timeframe. It also has the most interesting weapon systems and avionic systems and you can reuse bigger parts of that code for a possible apache variant later.

This is exactly why I also would like to see the -W. I totally agree with every word! Bring us the "Whiskey Cobra". BST thanks for the great products and keep up the good work!

The F model is my favourite. Notice it's been omitted from your little poll. The W is still in service. It would be a more in-depth and accurate model if it were the F.

Reason:

we are now reviewing the plan .. maybe it will be "-1S" or "-1W"..book.gif

Gotta be the Whisky, no doubts about it!

looks good, is good and is a perfect counter balance for my beloved Kamov...

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Reason:

:doh:

It has to be the Whiskey cobra then, with the older exhaust is prettier, not the ZULU exhaust mod.

If they do change from the G model I think it's a great discission by Belsimtek. I can guarantee much more people would be interested (more sales) in a full combat effective model, ie TOW, than a Vietnam era guns and rockets model.

I would argue almost everybody got into DCS for modern combat aircraft, I know all the rest about it being a platform for everything. But the modern aspect has been lost lately. Im all for getting back on track, bring on the WHISKEY and the F-18 :thumbup:

Edited by Razor5-1

There are actually several versions of the S model,I guess they made changes to it in stages. The final "modernized" S Cobra had a 20mm canon,TOW missiles,forward optics and a HUD.Then after they made more changes they redesignated it as the F Cobra. Confused? So am I lol.http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/ah-1s.htm

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Yes the beauty of the W is that if you decide to go with sidewinders you loose your air to ground anti tank capability for that sortie.

Perfect DCS.... there are advantages and disadvantages.

Best SIM ever.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yes the beauty of the W is that if you decide to go with sidewinders you loose your air to ground anti tank capability for that sortie.

Perfect DCS.... there are advantages and disadvantages.

Best SIM ever.

Can't you put AIM-9Ms on the wingtips and still keep your TOWs? Or is that only the Zulu Cobra?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I think it is only outer hard point only.... I think.

There is an outer wing tip connection point?

Or can both inner and outer wing Hardpoints deal with complex data feedback?

On the later variants of the W i believe there are little hard point that stick up that have flare dispensers aswell as hold the Aim-9 but i couldn't find any pictures of a AH-1W with AIM-9s much less with AIM-9s and TOWS. http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/bell-ah1-supercobra.jpg I believe the AIM-9s are attached above the little things sticking out above the pylons but my only source of that is Wargame: Red Dragon.

not sure.... searching... but for sure the Cobra looks right with the twin pack.