Mission 5 Part 1 issue - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #11
CHPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphk View Post
ok so i am still stuck in mission 5 part 1... everything was going so smoothly and as i was dropping the second AA team on the top of the mountain and i was very careful to stay low behind cover just as i am approaching i get shot at by the KA50 Black shark... what did i do wrong? is it a timing issue?
I only heard that once or twice before. But a timing problem is very likely because the manpdas you transport upstairs should keep the KA-50 away from you.
Be careful though. Even after the 2 landings upstairs choose the way around the battlefield. The KA-50 and Mi8 are coming from the east-south-east and avoid this area.
I hope you have another 5 to 10 million left for a new UH-1.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:23 PM   #12
Ralphk

ok so i have been endlessly trying to finish mission 5.1 i am repeating it like 5 times a day and the ka 50 always shoot me down, it is almost impossible to land on the hill top behind the bunkers without them shooting me... and i am flying as low as possible.
Ralphk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #13
CHPL

Quote:
ok so i have been endlessly trying to finish mission 5.1 i am repeating it like 5 times a day and the ka 50 always shoot me down, it is almost impossible to land on the hill top behind the bunkers without them shooting me... and i am flying as low as possible.
First of all, you have all my respect.
And I hope there are still new things to discover and to learn, so it is not that boring.

Personally, I would have found already a few not so fine words about the developer. Regardless off the information about the level of difficulty and the way things are done.

I check that out today and will make a video off that part of the mission. It should be online within 24 hours. I keep it as short as possible because it takes so long to upload a full video.

Mission No. 4 and 5 are also now subject to a major update. Like already done with 1-3 they may be hopefully released in January 2020. With all the feedback out of the community, we working hard on making the missions more accessible for anyone regardless of how much experience in helicopter flight they have.

But it will undoubtedly remain a tough nut to crack. Flying a helicopter around in DCS for fun and destroying targets will definitely not be enough.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:08 AM   #14
CHPL

Default Mission 5-1 Troop transport !SPOILER ALLARM!

@Ralphk
Hey, as promised I uploaded a short video about the transport task in Mission 5-1.
- - I've tried to take it slow; my nerves can't make it.- -

I did it two times, so any part is about 12 minutes.
As you can see, I never get even close to a KA-50, just passing an unarmed burning Mi-8 during the first try. At the very end of the first 12 minutes, you can see a Mi-8 and possible a KA-50 in a far distance, that's it. No danger at all if you stay away from there approach and departure routes.

I hope you have fun watching, and even more flying the mission once or twice again

Old 01-13-2020, 07:49 AM   #15
Ralphk

Thanks a lot for ur effort to record the video... im very comitted to this mission and im refusing to bypass it... my OCD kicked in hahaha... no really because im loving ur concept and i dont wana miss anh part. Now my observations are as follows:
1. I'm flying exactly the same flight path with the same altitude.
2. I'm flying around 20% slower than you.. you are flying too fast does this apply to real life situations?
3. I noticed that the ka 50 flies in a big ellipse where it would come periodically near the mountain tower... as per my flying speed it is coinciding with the presence of the ka 50 near the tower area... as a work around im hiding somewhere safe waiting for the ka 50 to go away to proceed.
4. A small remark regarding the begining of the mission the co pilot is not telling us to open throttle inconsistent with previous missions... so basically if we dont do it we will stay on the ground indefinitely and it wont trigger wolf 1 to depart.
5. I will retry it today and will try to save a track of my performance.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #16
CHPL

Quote:
4. A small remark regarding the begining of the mission the co pilot is not telling us to open throttle inconsistent with previous missions... so basically if we dont do it we will stay on the ground indefinitely and it wont trigger wolf 1 to depart.
5. I will retry it today and will try to save a track of my performance.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm flying too fast, which refers to the lack of control especially during the landing behind the tree.
So there should be always a good relation between speed and control over the aircraft. Otherwise, you will crash.
I missed the tree only for a few centimeters

Because it is in combat, you don't get into ground idle. But you right the information for takeoff is late. In fact, the next thing is triggered by raising the collective. The purpose is to relieve you from pressure when more time is needed so you can't miss a message.

But you are right it can be improved and is already on the to-do list for the mission update.

Looking forward to your video

Last edited by CHPL; 01-13-2020 at 08:15 AM.
CHPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #17
Ralphk

Yeeeehhaaaa!!!! wunderbar i did it!!! all i had to do is press the tempo a bit and fly faster...
Old 01-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #18
CHPL

Quote:
Yeeeehhaaaa!!!! wunderbar i did it!!! all i had to do is press the tempo a bit and fly faster...

Congratulations Wingcomander Ralphk
Old 01-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #19
MMA01

...what kind of mission is it, if it is only flyable if we have to check a youtube video before :-/

I would say, that flying the mission like the video shows, is only possible if you tried the mission x-times.. question would be, how realistic is it to die x-times...
MMA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:11 PM   #20
CHPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA01 View Post
...what kind of mission is it, if it is only flyable if we have to check a youtube video before :-/

I would say, that flying the mission like the video shows, is only possible if you tried the mission x-times.. question would be, how realistic is it to die x-times...

This is hard to answer Many players struggling with the missions, still have a lot of fun, because of the realism and they use it as a challenge improving their flying skills.

The way the video shows, is the way I like it most, and for sure the most realistic one because you use the terrain. You may fly even higher and get some damage but this not means you gonna die for sure. You may also take your time, but don't expect the enemy waiting for you.
So if you need some time to bring up the MANPAD you have to avoid the KA-50, which means sometimes you have to wait until shes's gone instead of rushing in regardless of the level of thread.

The Video was made to serve Ralphk's needs and did that very successfully.
If you struggle with the mission, please let me know what causes your frustration and I will, if possible, show you a way suitable for you and if needed to make a video showing you a different approach.

As I already said in an earlier thread, the biggest challenge is situation awareness much more important than speed and low-level flying skills.

You always welcome