Mission 5 Part 1 issue

So far i am loving the campaign, however i met a small difficulty today while flying mission 5 part 1... so i dropped the 8 soldiers behind the barracks on the hill during the fire fight and i received a call from a checkpoint to go there immediately and peter tell them 3 minutes over the radio... however i didnt know where to go exactly.. i tried flying all the way back but didn't get any trigger... what i am doing wrong?:pilotfly:

So far i am loving the campaign, however i met a small difficulty today while flying mission 5 part 1... so i dropped the 8 soldiers behind the barracks on the hill during the fire fight and i received a call from a checkpoint to go there immediately and peter tell them 3 minutes over the radio... however i didnt know where to go exactly.. i tried flying all the way back but didn't get any trigger... what i am doing wrong?:pilotfly:

Here you find additional information.

In that case a map with all the flightpaths for that mission

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249908

The Main outpost is under attack and a little bit below the barracks :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Just spent 30 mins flying around and landing next to each isolated looking tree i could find until eventually got shot down. Pretty frustrating.. "land by the tree on the opposite plateau" actually made me lol when i heard it, need to have other kind of marker.

At least a video run through would be good though jumping in and out of VR to try and find out what your supposed to be doing isn't ideal either.

Just spent 30 mins flying around and landing next to each isolated looking tree i could find until eventually got shot down. Pretty frustrating.. "land by the tree on the opposite plateau" actually made me lol when i heard it, need to have other kind of marker.

At least a video run through would be good though jumping in and out of VR to try and find out what your supposed to be doing isn't ideal either.

Same solution like for the last thread :smilewink:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249908

The order is , fly the troops in the back of the attacking enemy.

There are only 2 or three trees over there. Of cause you use the tree as cover so you pick the right side for your landing by nature.

We already realised, that the missions are challenging for pilot skills, but situation awareness may be the much bigger problem. So we du our best to provide instant help (DISCORD) and already working on ethery single mission adding additional guidance.

Videos also get published when the reworked version is internal finished but we are at mission 3 right now.

IF YOU NEED MORE HELP WE WILL RELEAS A VIDEO ABOUT THIS TOICK WITHIN 48 HOUERS !! Do not hasitate to request ouer help and support.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

again i need help plz! after dropping the AA infantry behind the bunkers i am asked to assist the station on the east side, when i fly to the east side one of my colleagues in wolf 2 tells me that the attack wave is weakened... what am i supposed to do? the only units to the east i found were the BTR and the units next to the tower and bunkers... where should i locate the units to attack did i miss a trigger?

nobody talks about a tree!!!

Hey

this is the conversation after deploying troops on the mountaintop behind the bunkers.

WOLF 1 responds to the assistance call, while your job is still the troop transport (57).:music_whistling:

SIERRA/OSCAR (55)

- - WOLF 1 - - SIERRA / OSCAR - -

- - We need your assistance on our Eastern Flank - -

- - Enemy units are getting closer. We have not enough firepower to keep them from doing that - -

WOLF 1 (56)

- - Rodger – SIERRA / OSCAR - - Attacking Enemy East of the Station - -

SIERRA/OSCAR (57)

- - A Group of Infantries will be there in a few seconds - -

- - Take them up at the back of the attacker, so we heckle them - -

- - The second Man Pad is still not available - -

TOM LEFT/GUNNER (58)

Everyone on board – ready to go - -

PETER / CO (59)

We fly towards the first LZ crossing the enemy to the right and get at his back - -

PETER / CO (60)

There is one single Tree on the opposite Plateau – use them as cover and land close behind him - -

PETER / CO (60a)

The first tree to the left – don't fly too far away from where the action is - -

----------------------

If you do so, passing over LZ 1 you will get the information about the tree and his location.

It,s all about, situation awareness, remembering what was the first LZ and acting in accordance with the advice given. We know that is not an easy task and in that kind of combat mission more important than actually flying the aircraft.

Always happy landings ;)

Thank u for ur help... ive repeated the mission more than 5 times... i guess in the heat of the battle i wasnt realizing that wolf 1 should defend the east and i would take off immediately... again dont get me wrong im not criticizing the mission... i really love this campaign so far... u have done an outstanding job... will immediately go to refly it now despite my flu

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank u for ur help... ive repeated the mission more than 5 times... i guess in the heat of the battle i wasnt realizing that wolf 1 should defend the east and i would take off immediately... again dont get me wrong im not criticizing the mission... i really love this campaign so far... u have done an outstanding job... will immediately go to refly it now despite my flu

always welcome :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

ok so i am still stuck in mission 5 part 1... everything was going so smoothly and as i was dropping the second AA team on the top of the mountain and i was very careful to stay low behind cover just as i am approaching i get shot at by the KA50 Black shark... what did i do wrong? is it a timing issue?

ok so i am still stuck in mission 5 part 1... everything was going so smoothly and as i was dropping the second AA team on the top of the mountain and i was very careful to stay low behind cover just as i am approaching i get shot at by the KA50 Black shark... what did i do wrong? is it a timing issue?

I only heard that once or twice before. But a timing problem is very likely because the manpdas you transport upstairs should keep the KA-50 away from you.

Be careful though. Even after the 2 landings upstairs choose the way around the battlefield. The KA-50 and Mi8 are coming from the east-south-east and avoid this area.

I hope you have another 5 to 10 million left for a new UH-1. :music_whistling:

Always happy landings ;)

ok so i have been endlessly trying to finish mission 5.1 i am repeating it like 5 times a day and the ka 50 always shoot me down, it is almost impossible to land on the hill top behind the bunkers without them shooting me... and i am flying as low as possible.

ok so i have been endlessly trying to finish mission 5.1 i am repeating it like 5 times a day and the ka 50 always shoot me down, it is almost impossible to land on the hill top behind the bunkers without them shooting me... and i am flying as low as possible.

First of all, you have all my respect. :thumbup:

And I hope there are still new things to discover and to learn, so it is not that boring.

Personally, I would have found already a few not so fine words about the developer. Regardless off the information about the level of difficulty and the way things are done.

I check that out today and will make a video off that part of the mission. It should be online within 24 hours. I keep it as short as possible because it takes so long to upload a full video.

Mission No. 4 and 5 are also now subject to a major update. Like already done with 1-3 they may be hopefully released in January 2020. With all the feedback out of the community, we working hard on making the missions more accessible for anyone regardless of how much experience in helicopter flight they have.

But it will undoubtedly remain a tough nut to crack. Flying a helicopter around in DCS for fun and destroying targets will definitely not be enough.

Always happy landings ;)

Mission 5-1 Troop transport !SPOILER ALLARM!

@Ralphk

Hey, as promised I uploaded a short video about the transport task in Mission 5-1.

- - I've tried to take it slow; my nerves can't make it.- -

I did it two times, so any part is about 12 minutes.

As you can see, I never get even close to a KA-50, just passing an unarmed burning Mi-8 during the first try. At the very end of the first 12 minutes, you can see a Mi-8 and possible a KA-50 in a far distance, that's it. No danger at all if you stay away from there approach and departure routes.

I hope you have fun watching, and even more flying the mission once or twice again :thumbup::pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks a lot for ur effort to record the video... im very comitted to this mission and im refusing to bypass it... my OCD kicked in hahaha... no really because im loving ur concept and i dont wana miss anh part. Now my observations are as follows:

1. I'm flying exactly the same flight path with the same altitude.

2. I'm flying around 20% slower than you.. you are flying too fast does this apply to real life situations?

3. I noticed that the ka 50 flies in a big ellipse where it would come periodically near the mountain tower... as per my flying speed it is coinciding with the presence of the ka 50 near the tower area... as a work around im hiding somewhere safe waiting for the ka 50 to go away to proceed.

4. A small remark regarding the begining of the mission the co pilot is not telling us to open throttle inconsistent with previous missions... so basically if we dont do it we will stay on the ground indefinitely and it wont trigger wolf 1 to depart.

5. I will retry it today and will try to save a track of my performance.

Thank you.

4. A small remark regarding the begining of the mission the co pilot is not telling us to open throttle inconsistent with previous missions... so basically if we dont do it we will stay on the ground indefinitely and it wont trigger wolf 1 to depart.

5. I will retry it today and will try to save a track of my performance.

Thank you.

I'm flying too fast, which refers to the lack of control especially during the landing behind the tree.

So there should be always a good relation between speed and control over the aircraft. Otherwise, you will crash.

I missed the tree only for a few centimeters :cry:

Because it is in combat, you don't get into ground idle. But you right the information for takeoff is late. In fact, the next thing is triggered by raising the collective. The purpose is to relieve you from pressure when more time is needed so you can't miss a message.

But you are right it can be improved and is already on the to-do list for the mission update.

Looking forward to your video :thumbup::pilotfly:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

...what kind of mission is it, if it is only flyable if we have to check a youtube video before :-/

I would say, that flying the mission like the video shows, is only possible if you tried the mission x-times.. question would be, how realistic is it to die x-times... ;)

...what kind of mission is it, if it is only flyable if we have to check a youtube video before :-/

I would say, that flying the mission like the video shows, is only possible if you tried the mission x-times.. question would be, how realistic is it to die x-times... ;)

This is hard to answer :smilewink: Many players struggling with the missions, still have a lot of fun, because of the realism and they use it as a challenge improving their flying skills. :thumbup:

The way the video shows, is the way I like it most, and for sure the most realistic one because you use the terrain. You may fly even higher and get some damage but this not means you gonna die for sure. You may also take your time, but don't expect the enemy waiting for you.

So if you need some time to bring up the MANPAD you have to avoid the KA-50, which means sometimes you have to wait until shes's gone instead of rushing in regardless of the level of thread.

The Video was made to serve Ralphk's needs and did that very successfully.

If you struggle with the mission, please let me know what causes your frustration and I will, if possible, show you a way suitable for you and if needed to make a video showing you a different approach.

As I already said in an earlier thread, the biggest challenge is situation awareness much more important than speed and low-level flying skills.

You always welcome :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

it's fun to fly, yeah ... and I have no problems to fly in one feet alt with higher speed.

The problem (for me) was simple to understand what I have to do as next. The messages and the smoke comes parlty to late, I have to know before to where I have to fly and Within the video it is noticable that the pilot knows exactly what comes as next ...and with this knowledge the rest is not hard..

It was the first mission of all Huey campains where I used a "spoiler" video :)

it's fun to fly, yeah ... and I have no problems to fly in one feet alt with higher speed.

The problem (for me) was simple to understand what I have to do as next. The messages and the smoke comes parlty to late, I have to know before to where I have to fly and Within the video it is noticable that the pilot knows exactly what comes as next ...and with this knowledge the rest is not hard..

It was the first mission of all Huey campains where I used a "spoiler" video :)

Thanks for the feedback.

This is what we actually working on, improving the mission information.

Do you use the Kneeboard?

Always happy landings ;)

Hi, and yeah I use the kneeboard :)

one addtional aspect I would like mention:

if I recheck my records and can then hear the commands ( and re-read text's slower ), then it's mostly understandable. But within the flight/fight it is some time not easy to understand what was mean't and one aspect ( for me ) is often because of language understanding in stressfull situations. Therefore I check the textual description which give me often 3 seconds more to read.. But then, lot of text means again no time to read and if then also e.g. a trigger fired little bit late, the confusion is perfect ;)

Therefore, I have often issues with missions which are differ to the flight-plan mentioned in kneeboard ( so, often the funny missions ). A nice thing would be, if important things are highlighted in text, as example "fly to <b>Observation Tower (xxx smoke)</b>".

But anyway.. mission is done :)

Hi, and yeah I use the kneeboard :)

one addtional aspect I would like mention:

if I recheck my records and can then hear the commands ( and re-read text's slower ), then it's mostly understandable. But within the flight/fight it is some time not easy to understand what was mean't and one aspect ( for me ) is often because of language understanding in stressfull situations. Therefore I check the textual description which give me often 3 seconds more to read.. But then, lot of text means again no time to read and if then also e.g. a trigger fired little bit late, the confusion is perfect ;)

Therefore, I have often issues with missions which are differ to the flight-plan mentioned in kneeboard ( so, often the funny missions ). A nice thing would be, if important things are highlighted in text, as example "fly to <b>Observation Tower (xxx smoke)</b>".

But anyway.. mission is done :)

Again many thanks for taking the time and expressing your opinions as positive feedback that we use to improve the missions.

So we will already check the time massages are displayed in any mission to make sure it is good to read and understand.

But you are absolutely right. Flying a mission of the campaign is challenging and stressful.

That's exactly what we have intended.

Especially when it comes to open battle in real life nothing is clear and easy. In DCS you're looking for your target and shoot them while checking e-mails - that's bull....

I am not a military pilot, but even in civil aviation things are not that easy as you may expect from flight simulators.

But we don't want a Campaign for experts and beliving our approach with AI wingman's as navigation assistance and the CO providing information and tips is not a bad one.

But we also realized, that for many fellow pilots we need to do even more.

So we actually clarifying and adding information to the missions. The first update related to these efforts is actually transferred to ED and will be hopefully released soon. We already put more than 100 hours of work and testing in mostly mission 2 and 3 and we will continue

with all the other ones as well.

Again Thanks for your constructive feedback

Always happy landings ;)

• 8 months later...

I have flown this mission more than 20 times and I keep losing :)

I realize that some times I fail due to wrong timing and being at the correct place the wrong time.

Once I managed to land for the last pickup of the manpad people but suddenly I got exploded while landing waiting.

All the missions until 5 I have been enjoying but maybe 5 is too tight from time and it gets really challenging to proceed in the campaign. The campaign I think it's one of the best I have done so far.